• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New ESPN article about Snyder attempting to extort Jerry Jones

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when you think you have heard it all.

IF the article/sources/testimonies are true, I have the following questions:

1. Why is Jones putting up with Snyder and is Jones really "afraid" of him?
2. Why is Goodell intimidated by Snyder? Same with the other owners.
3. Is it really all about a new stadium for the Commanders?
4. How much more of this will the owners take? It appears that Snyder is now hurting the pocketbooks of the other owners, in addition to causing embarrassment to the league as a whole.
5. How can any Commanders fan literally attend a game and ignore what Snyder is currently doing?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4. How much more of this will the owners take? It appears that Snyder is now hurting the pocketbooks of the other owners, in addition to causing embarrassment to the league as a whole.
5. How can any Commanders fan literally attend a game and ignore what Snyder is currently doing?

Crazy if true. I always thought Jones and Snyder sort of got along I think they probably do. Cowboys have traded draft picks with Washington before. cowboys also trade picks with the Eagles on occasion

I don't remember seeing the Cowboys trading with the Giants though. This leads me to believe that the Mara and Jones family don't like each other

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far cry from the days of 50,000 on a waiting list for season tickets.

If not for reading the opinions of Redskin fans over the years, I'd almost feel sorry for um.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far cry from the days of 50,000 on a waiting list for season tickets.

If not for reading the opinions of Redskin fans over the years, I'd almost feel sorry for um.
If Snyder hired PIs to snoop on owners and gather dirt, how can a vote not be called to remove him?

I have never seen anything like this.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beats me, but if I were a skins fan, I'd welcome anything that eliminated Synder.
At some point, its almost is like a conspiracy. I have no idea why Goodell and the owners are intimidated by Snyder.

There again, I argue with Commanders fans who put on blinders and simply watch the crappy product on the field...SMH.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, its almost is like a conspiracy. I have no idea why Goodell and the owners are intimidated by Snyder.

There again, I argue with Commanders fans who put on blinders and simply watch the crappy product on the field...SMH.
Well, evidently Snyder does. And truth be told, I'd love to see the league call his bluff.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was always the way I saw things between these two and never understood why:

"Another source confirmed that Snyder has told a confidant that he has "a file" on Jones, the Dallas Cowboys owner who has served as Snyder's friend, mentor and longtime firewall of support. "

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have been paying attention .....Who has ESPN best after for years?

Rodger Goodell, Jerry Jones & Dan Snyder.

So color me shocked when I see this graphic.

i

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" One owner was told by Snyder directly that he "has dirt on Jerry Jones,"

Meh...Doesn't literally everyone have dirt on Jerry Jones??? :noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sounds like a spoiled little billionaire bitch with no self esteem that has never been held accountable for anything in his life and mostly needs a good ass kicking. I bet he was sniffling and crying like a baby when he was pacing around telling people about all the dirt he has on others

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was always the way I saw things between these two and never understood why:

"Another source confirmed that Snyder has told a confidant that he has "a file" on Jones, the Dallas Cowboys owner who has served as Snyder's friend, mentor and longtime firewall of support. "
My guess is it is a one-sided relationship. Snyder tries to be pals with Jones and he simply tolerates him.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story is about two guys, who couldn't operate a little league team.
These guys are real pickems.

The Wash hasn't won a Super Bowl since 1991.
They haven't been to an NFC championship game since 91.
Snyder has had pathetic head coach hirings.

And then there is Jerry Jones
He fired a head coach and REAL GM, who had just won two CONSECUTIVE SUPER BOWLS
The BOYS haven't been to an NFC championship game since 1995
and have been basically a .500 team in the regular season......and had a losing record in the playoffs.
and Jerry's issues away from football are fun.

So it's a real horse race between Jerry and Danny boy.
and unfortunately only the Wash and COWBOY fans are the real losers.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" One owner was told by Snyder directly that he "has dirt on Jerry Jones,"

Meh...Doesn't literally everyone have dirt on Jerry Jones??? :noidea:
Jones lives in a media microscope, it's possible Dan has dirt on him if that same dirt is on Dan, but otherwise I think the world knows a lot the dirt all over Jerry.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones lives in a media microscope, it's possible Dan has dirt on him if that same dirt is on Dan, but otherwise I think the world knows a lot the dirt all over Jerry.
Other than billionaires and owning a professional team, I don't think Jerry & Dan have to many similarities.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no such thing as a squeaky clean billionaire who owns a professional sports team.
All you need is a target who holds the opposite of your ideology and the resources to dig.

ESPN found thier targets years ago.

ESPN only see's 2 groups. The protected and the targeted.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, to answer your questions:

1. The Jones-Snyder relationship is probably friendly enough. But Snyder is backed into a corner, as of late, and he knows Jones has outsized power over the NFL. And he knows that Jones and his organization have skeletons in their closet. So it's a veiled threat, but Snyder will do pretty much anything to both hang onto his franchise and squeeze extra dollars out of its fanbase.

2. Same answer as #1. To think that the only "off-color" emails or hostile (towards women) workplace environments in the NFL are in Washington and Las Vegas, is insane. Snyder could cause a cascade of bad press about multiple organizations, if he were to torch his way out on a forced exit. Goodell knows it, and since his bosses are both Snyder and the other 31 owners, he's being cautious.

3. No. Whether Snyder can leverage such an extortion into helping him get someone else pay for a new stadium, is unknown. But it's mostly a separate problem.

4. Based off the amount of bad press each organization could afford if Snyder dragged them down with him, probably a lot. The smart thing to do would be for each franchise to clean up its problems now and prepare to weather the storm if they did indeed decide to force Snyder out.

5. The fanbase has hemorrhaged badly. It's been a uniformly terrible chapter in the team's history, dating back directly to when Snyder took over as owner. If the thought was that fans could accept being gouged or having to hear about toxic culture as long as the team frequently made the playoffs or was in discussion for a Super Bowl, that hasn't materialized either. The team went to a net losing record, while Snyder was owner, its best head coach had his legacy sullied, and the team is frequently the topic of jokes as a cursed franchise, comparable to Cleveland or Detroit. The average time annually for fans to become defeatist and nihilistic in the Washington area is around Week 5-6 (hey!).