• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers 425 EST/CBS

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I was just as confused about that. I had my eyes on the right butt cheek making contact with the ground more than i was paying attention to the shin. That was the first I had ever heard of "down by shin".

My biggest gripe is I would really like an explanation on that call change when they blew the whistle dead on that NE fumble. Because the refs hand signaled a 'down by contact' on the field which instigated the whistle blow. But then declined Tomlin's challenge by CHANGING the call to "Forward Progress" which could not be challenged. How the hell did they get away with that? The call ON THE FIELD should have allowed a challenge, regardless of what "they intended to call". I never thought it was possible for a ref to change the call on the field, especially when it immediately impacted a challenge like that. That was a massive fuckup by the officials. It was like "oh my bad, we meant to say this"... Ummmm ok?

It was a fuqing mess, and happens in games every week

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a fuqing mess, and happens in games every week
Yep those a-holes should have their game checks revoked... That was sad to see a game of that magnitude get tainted by poor officiating.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I was just as confused about that. I had my eyes on the right butt cheek making contact with the ground more than i was paying attention to the shin. That was the first I had ever heard of "down by shin".

My biggest gripe is I would really like an explanation on that call change when they blew the whistle dead on that NE fumble. Because the refs hand signaled a 'down by contact' on the field which instigated the whistle blow. But then declined Tomlin's challenge by CHANGING the call to "Forward Progress" which could not be challenged. How the hell did they get away with that? The call ON THE FIELD should have allowed a challenge, regardless of what "they intended to call". I never thought it was possible for a ref to change the call on the field, especially when it immediately impacted a challenge like that. That was a massive fuckup by the officials. It was like "oh my bad, we meant to say this"... Ummmm ok?

Never heard of down by shin myself either.. Apparently that's a rule.. Sounds made up to me but a rule nonetheless.

Dude that should have been a fumble. the Side judge clearly was running in POINTING to the ground.. NOT that forward progress was stopped. To me it seemed like they made the down by contact and when they saw Tomlin challenged it they switched it to "forward progress stopped." In the end it didn't matter for the Steelers but was sure it would have been challenged and won by the Steelers

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of down by shin myself either.. Apparently that's a rule.. Sounds made up to me but a rule nonetheless.

Dude that should have been a fumble. the Side judge clearly was running in POINTING to the ground.. NOT that forward progress was stopped. To me it seemed like they made the down by contact and when they saw Tomlin challenged it they switched it to "forward progress stopped." In the end it didn't matter for the Steelers but was sure it would have been challenged and won by the Steelers
My thoughts exactly.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it isn't your feet or your hands you are down.

I've seen the Wee One get a down by shin call on one of his dump offs before.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it isn't your feet or your hands you are down.

I've seen the Wee One get a down by shin call on one of his dump offs before.

I'll take your word for it. Don't remember that

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game! Can't help but feel the Steelers were very fortunate in that game. Fortunate in the form of the Pats being MORE undisciplined than they were, and the Steelers were gifted quite a few decisive calls. But there were bad ones against them too. Terrible officiating all around really.

Hopefully see you guys again in the postseason! Good luck the rest of the way! :suds:

That's in almost every game these days Face.....I think the fans should Fine the NFL for ruining games with inefficient refs.....It would be good headlines even if it wasn't achievable......
:lm::lm::lm::lm:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a liar, I've heard him say that he notified the league about bad calls as I think all coaches do but you don't have to lie about.....He's probably not aware of that rule either....
Can you tell I don't like him ?????????....He's almost as big a liar as BB and Brady Sr....:heh::tsk:
What about Ray Ray? Who's the bigger liar Ray Ray or Hairball?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great answer:rolleyes2: except that wasn't a choice.

Wish to try again?

Should I make it easier for you and add Ray Rice?

Yes it was a choice, mine and every fan outside of Cheatersville and some in it....You take no effort to make a fool of Putzfan !!!!......Merry Christmas !!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was a choice, mine and every fan outside of Cheatersville and some in it....You take no effort to make a fool of Putzfan !!!!......Merry Christmas !!
I'll make it even easier, if that's even possible?
a.) Coach Hairball
b.) Ray Lewis and his suit Jack the Ripper would be proud of
c.) Ray Rice master of the right hook

I'll admit it's a tough choice. All are great candidates.

Now put away the egg nog and answer the question. You side stepping Alice.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll make it even easier, if that's even possible?
a.) Coach Hairball
b.) Ray Lewis and his suit Jack the Ripper would be proud of
c.) Ray Rice master of the right hook

I'll admit it's a tough choice. All are great candidates.

Now put away the egg nog and answer the question. You side stepping Alice.

The only top ranked Liar / Cheater list is this.....
a. BB
b. BB
c.BB
d.Brady

Take your pick Homer.....:rolleyes2:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only top ranked Liar / Cheater list is this.....
a. BB
b. BB
c.BB
d.Brady

Take your pick Homer.....:rolleyes2:
You're in denial Alice. Sometimes it's good to blank those things out.

So kindly show the jury where he touched you using this doll.