• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers 425 EST/CBS

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did it! The Steelers finally beat New England again! There IS a God!!!

*weeps uncontrollably*
:bawling:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did it! The Steelers finally beat New England again! There IS a God!!!

*weeps uncontrollably*
:bawling:

I'll send some towels over to you

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll send some towels over to you

@redseat, c'mere, c'mere you. *gives redseat a bear hug*

giphy.gif

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see Tomlin kept his idiotic challenge streak alive on the punt play near the goal line......Are the Steelers watching the replays on an old black and white TV with aluminum foil antennas?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is , you are now seeing the fall of a dynasty....Some of us geezers on here have seen it before....When the style gets too old it becomes easier too beat, and the Steelers did not play great, they just played better than a limping dog in a race....
You might know, just when we needed the bums to win and give us the division lead, Tawmy goes Grandpa Walton and Gronk goes out for pizza....:gaah::dhd:
Congrats Pitts fans, big win !!!!:mad2:

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is , you are now seeing the fall of a dynasty....Some of us geezers on here have seen it before....When the style gets too old it becomes easier too beat, and the Steelers did not play great, they just played better than a limping dog in a race....
You might know, just when we needed the bums to win and give us the division lead, Tawmy goes Grandpa Walton and Gronk goes out for pizza....:gaah::dhd:
Congrats Pitts fans, big win !!!!:mad2:

giphy-downsized.gif

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Steeler fans.:suds:

Incredible to see the Pats make many good plays, two games in a row, and lose :doh:
Something is wrong in Patriot land different good things going on but no clicking.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game, congrats, and maybe see you in January.:suds:

Good game Steeler fans.:suds:

Incredible to see the Pats make many good plays, two games in a row, and lose :doh:
Something is wrong in Patriot land different good things going on but no clicking.
Good game! Can't help but feel the Steelers were very fortunate in that game. Fortunate in the form of the Pats being MORE undisciplined than they were, and the Steelers were gifted quite a few decisive calls. But there were bad ones against them too. Terrible officiating all around really.

Hopefully see you guys again in the postseason! Good luck the rest of the way! :suds:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game! Can't help but feel the Steelers were very fortunate in that game. Fortunate in the form of the Pats being MORE undisciplined than they were, and the Steelers were gifted quite a few decisive calls. But there were bad ones against them too. Terrible officiating all around really.

Hopefully see you guys again in the postseason! Good luck the rest of the way! :suds:

Pats lost on penalties, most of which were very deserved, particularly pre snap.

As for poor calls by the refs, it's league wide, and really annoying because it lowers the quality of games, not just of our favorite teams, but non fav team games as well. It's hard to watch sometimes.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats lost on penalties, most of which were very deserved, particularly pre snap.

As for poor calls by the refs, it's league wide, and really annoying because it lowers the quality of games, not just of our favorite teams, but non fav team games as well. It's hard to watch sometimes.
Yea it just seems like it should be a problem that the NFL could fix. For how much they pay these assholes per game you would expect better results.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it just seems like it should be a problem that the NFL could fix. For how much they pay these assholes per game you would expect better results.

The one call from this game that I will whine about, is how is the shin part of the knee now? Since when did they call a player down when the shin is touching and the knee isn't? Does that mean right at the ankle can be called down now? Wasn't the difference in the game by any means, but wtf?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one call from this game that I will whine about, is how is the shin part of the knee now? Since when did they call a player down when the shin is touching and the knee isn't? Does that mean right at the ankle can be called down now? Wasn't the difference in the game by any means, but wtf?
I'd honestly like to know how he has that much flexibility in his leg but I guess it was the right call from what I heard. I guess the rule reads "any part of the body other than the hands or feet" so that is why they called it that way.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I thought both teams played very poorly in this game. Bad throws, mental mistakes, drops, penalties, missed kicks. One of them had to win though.

If either team plays like that in January, they will lose and probably badly.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I thought both teams played very poorly in this game. Bad throws, mental mistakes, drops, penalties, missed kicks. One of them had to win though.

If either team plays like that in January, they will lose and probably badly.
Totally agree.
Already have zero expectations for the Steelers and to think if Gruden and the Raiders can pull off a 4th down play and not the Patriots you can tell the decline is there.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd honestly like to know how he has that much flexibility in his leg but I guess it was the right call from what I heard. I guess the rule reads "any part of the body other than the hands or feet" so that is why they called it that way.

I think that is right; however they have always called it when the knee is down. Think back at all the slow mos we have seen over the years where they are checking for the knee to be down, and the calf is touching, but rule the knee not down.

It's just frustrating as a whole with the refs, certainly had minimal impact on this game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I was just as confused about that. I had my eyes on the right butt cheek making contact with the ground more than i was paying attention to the shin. That was the first I had ever heard of "down by shin".

My biggest gripe is I would really like an explanation on that call change when they blew the whistle dead on that NE fumble. Because the refs hand signaled a 'down by contact' on the field which instigated the whistle blow. But then declined Tomlin's challenge by CHANGING the call to "Forward Progress" which could not be challenged. How the hell did they get away with that? The call ON THE FIELD should have allowed a challenge, regardless of what "they intended to call". I never thought it was possible for a ref to change the call on the field, especially when it immediately impacted a challenge like that. That was a massive fuckup by the officials. It was like "oh my bad, we meant to say this"... Ummmm ok?