• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Contracts for Green and Boyd

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green currently makes $15/mill a year. He is 31 and I can't see him getting a much bigger pay day than he is currently getting. Lets say he gets a little more at $16 million.

4 years / $64 million with $20 mill guaranteed

Boyd on the other hand, he has had one good year (rookie), one poor year (2nd), one great year (3rd).

If he receives a new extension before the season starts, what is he worth? $8 million? $10 million? More?

I am thinking closer to the $8 million a year, for 5 years. I could be off on this as salaries are starting to sky rocket for average players, ie: Bobby Hart (not even average).

5 years / $40 million with $15 million guaranteed?

Besides the bonuses, the average annual salary seems very easy to work into the cap for the team.

+ $1 million for Green, + $7 million for Boyd.

Next year, you justify this raise by just releasing Hart once we verify what we have in our young lineman.

Because of the cap hit, we have to keep Hart this year, but there is an out in 2020. It would only be a cap hit of $2 million.

Starting Line:
LT Williams
LG Glenn
C Price
RG Miller
RT Boling

Backups:
G Westerman
G/C Hopkins
G Jordan
T Sutherland
T Hart
T Dugas (practice squad)
G Taylor (practice squad)

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather have Boyd than Green

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t it be something if John Ross suddenly lived up to his lofty draft status? Might make it easier to make a decision on the other two.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t it be something if John Ross suddenly lived up to his lofty draft status? Might make it easier to make a decision on the other two.

I don't see it happening, but I'll play.....

If Ross were suddenly good, you'd have to put a big priority on keeping Boyd, right? I mean, you basically control Ross for 2 more seasons after this season (when he is good). AJ is on the other side of 30... And the big issue for Boyd is that he'd probably be more effective with a deep threat. Assuming Ross could be that guy, AJ wouldn't be as necessary, right?

BTW - AJ is playing his 9th season. I know it's hard to believe, but he is probably much closer to the end of his career than he is to the prime of his career. Name 3 good receivers (in the modern era) that had more than 3 good seasons after their 9th year in the league. Overpaying AJ is stupid.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross is pulling in a large salary.

one of two things is going to happen, they are going to run him out there until his legs fall off hoping it works out eventually or they are going to release or trade him to a team that knows how to develop him.

2 million a year, and 2.6 million of his signing bonus allocated to 2019 cap

that's a lot of money for a situational receiver on a team that would just assume throw the ball to their 3rd string tight end.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it happening, but I'll play.....

If Ross were suddenly good, you'd have to put a big priority on keeping Boyd, right? I mean, you basically control Ross for 2 more seasons after this season (when he is good). AJ is on the other side of 30... And the big issue for Boyd is that he'd probably be more effective with a deep threat. Assuming Ross could be that guy, AJ wouldn't be as necessary, right?

BTW - AJ is playing his 9th season. I know it's hard to believe, but he is probably much closer to the end of his career than he is to the prime of his career. Name 3 good receivers (in the modern era) that had more than 3 good seasons after their 9th year in the league. Overpaying AJ is stupid.

I think the priority should already be on Boyd. You're paying for future production. With AJ, you are going to end up paying for past production. I love AJ, I hope he retires a Bengal, but it has to make sense. With 9 years in the league and recent injury history...You simply can't let the emotional side of things dictate these kinds of matters. Not fully, anyway.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the priority should already be on Boyd. You're paying for future production. With AJ, you are going to end up paying for past production. I love AJ, I hope he retires a Bengal, but it has to make sense. With 9 years in the league and recent injury history...You simply can't let the emotional side of things dictate these kinds of matters. Not fully, anyway.

I like AJ, I want him to go somewhere he will win. it ain't here. If he plays somewhere else, he'll be the leagues top receiver until he gets injured, or the curse will wear off and he'll play a complete season. little kids all over the country will be wearing his jersey, even the ones who don't watch football. He'll have his own tennis shoe, energy drink (green bull), and candy bar.