• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New CBA may add an extra regular season game

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the money grab, and how many hate 4 preseason games, and I suppose I might be able to get behind this. BUT how would the scheduling work logistically?

If you have an odd number of games, that means half of the NFL teams will have an extra away game, while the other half get an extra home game. That alone can be an extreme advantage given how tough it is to win on the road.

The most reasonable fix: every team gets a neutral location game. This could actually be pretty awesome. I went to the Hawks Raiders game in London a couple years back and that trip was amazing. The league could expand the London/Mexico games even further and could generate even more buzz for the league.

Another problem: how do you determine opponents? The current system is great: play divisional opponents twice, play an NFC division, play an AFC division, your additional two games are your counterparts from the conferences other divisions (1s play 1s, etc.).

The most reasonable fix: I don't have a good answer for this. Maybe the additional team is your counterpart from the other conference, ranking all teams from 1 to 16 based on last year's standings. Would be most equitable to not take into account division winners for this ranking.

Thoughts?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is kind of a weird way to look at it though isn't it? You get paid by the season, not by the game. Otherwise, players would have contracts where they get more money every game, rather than every season.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is kind of a weird way to look at it though isn't it? You get paid by the season, not by the game. Otherwise, players would have contracts where they get more money every game, rather than every season.
my understanding some things I heard was the players will get an extra .5 percent of revenue or something to that nature if they go to 17 games.
Have no clue how any of that works at all though.