• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Never too Early to Talk Draft

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone in the top 5 is going to take a chance on AR15 which can only help the Lions in the long run that one of those DL will fall right into their hands. I wouldn't be shocked to see him drafted No.1 or No. 2 overall.

View attachment 322596
When I suggested drafting him earlier in this thread you poo pooed all over it.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BR is the best player in the draft IMO. Who really wants to spend a first on a RB though.
If you take a RB early and expect it to fix your offense, IMO you're in trouble. Like Saquan or McCaffery relatively recently. But still IMO, if you add a top end RB to a complete ish offense it can have a transformative effect. Like when Elliott first went to Dallas. I think Bijan Robinson would be a monster behind our O-Line with as much as we like to run the ball. Plus Goff really started to look good once this team had really started to establish the running game. Goff was I believe one of the highest rated QB's on play action passes, and had one of the highest percentage of snaps under center, when there's more threat to run the ball.

Obviously it's much less of an option if they spend money to bring Williams back, or sign another starter type FA RB. Plus I also believe that if you're willing to commit a first round pick on a RB, you have to take a new Guard that you can pencil in as day 1 starter, which means absolutely no later than round 3. It would essentially complete our offense, but it would still hurt using that many resources on offense when our defense is still what it is. But depending on FA moves, I think BR is absolutely an option at #18.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watch a 2 round mock draft where 2 people did alternating picks. I doubt this dream could happen, but I would love everything about it.
1.6 Will Anderson
1.18 Brian Branch
2.48 Jack Campbell
2.55 Mazi Smith

Anderson falling that far went because they had heard things at the combine that made them think Tyree Wilson to the Cardinals. then QB 1,2,4. Carter at 5. I doubt it, but I love it

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be honest, I had forgotten I had taken Wilson when I drafted Nacua.
1678115836300.png

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watch a 2 round mock draft where 2 people did alternating picks. I doubt this dream could happen, but I would love everything about it.
1.6 Will Anderson
1.18 Brian Branch
2.48 Jack Campbell
2.55 Mazi Smith

Anderson falling that far went because they had heard things at the combine that made them think Tyree Wilson to the Cardinals. then QB 1,2,4. Carter at 5. I doubt it, but I love it
Hey, you never know. We were not expecting Sewell to be there for us either.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we dont get anyone else then I would make Rodrigo the Mike and move Barnes to SAM.

This isn't so farfetched, but his damn arms are so short to defend against O-Linemen. Barnes would or should make a good Sam LB.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I suggested drafting him earlier in this thread you poo pooed all over it.

I have and will continue to poo pooh him just like I did with Malik Willis last year. AR15 obviously has the bigger physical stature and much better athletic traits than Willis, but they both have extreme flaws with mechanics and on field mental acuity.

I'm not in AR15 court but I sure as hell hope that Colt's HC Steichen convinces Robert Irsay to move up for him or even Panther's owner David Tepper who has some Al Davis and Jerry Jones in his personality. Steichen may believe he would draft a much taller, bigger and more athletic version of Jalen Hurts.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm being completely honest, I wouldn't hate Holmes drafting AR15 at No. 6 should he last that long. Campbell stated a while ago that they will have their eyes on a QB because it's not like Goff is going to be around for 10 years - that is a direct quote from him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you take a RB early and expect it to fix your offense, IMO you're in trouble. Like Saquan or McCaffery relatively recently. But still IMO, if you add a top end RB to a complete ish offense it can have a transformative effect. Like when Elliott first went to Dallas. I think Bijan Robinson would be a monster behind our O-Line with as much as we like to run the ball. Plus Goff really started to look good once this team had really started to establish the running game. Goff was I believe one of the highest rated QB's on play action passes, and had one of the highest percentage of snaps under center, when there's more threat to run the ball.

Obviously it's much less of an option if they spend money to bring Williams back, or sign another starter type FA RB. Plus I also believe that if you're willing to commit a first round pick on a RB, you have to take a new Guard that you can pencil in as day 1 starter, which means absolutely no later than round 3. It would essentially complete our offense, but it would still hurt using that many resources on offense when our defense is still what it is. But depending on FA moves, I think BR is absolutely an option at #18.

Might as well make the first three picks an all-offense trifecta if all three are available at No.6, No.18 and No.48.

AR15
Bijan
RG

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.6 Will Anderson
1.18 Brian Branch
2.48 Jack Campbell
2.55 Mazi Smith

If Chicago trades out of their pick with Indy, Houston drafts an QB then I could see this happening. We all know Seattle's draft picks can become mind altering. Pete Carroll has final say and not GM John Schneider.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ika hurt his stock a bunch. His combine was pretty bad

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gone back to watch portions of three games each for Deonte Banks and Christian Gonzalez and Banks is more physical against his receivers than Gonzalez and Banks is better in run support and securing tackles. Banks doesn't quite have the technique down as much as Gonzalez but he's not that far off either. Gonzalez faced a little bit better receivers as a whole than Banks, however the latter did fare well against Marvin Harrison Jr. It's not so far-fetched that Banks on-field skillset would appeal to AG. The questions that'll need to be answered for culture and team fit will have to be figured out by Holmes, DC and AG.

Banks could very likely be a candidate for the No.18 draft slot if they don't draft one at No.6.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ika hurt his stock a bunch. His combine was pretty bad

I think the media was all wrong from the get-go when they placed him in the top 30 two months ago. The same with Safety Antonio Johnson and Clark Phillips being top 25.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the media was all wrong from the get-go when they placed him in the top 30 two months ago. The same with Safety Antonio Johnson and Clark Phillips being top 25.
Phillips is still my favorite CB in this class. Not the highest ceiling but I do think he'll succeed. But yeah, I don't think he's top 25 either.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillips is still my favorite CB in this class. Not the highest ceiling but I do think he'll succeed. But yeah, I don't think he's top 25 either.
He will drop after his combine. Undersized and lower athleticism is the right combo to ignore collegebproduction I think.

Would still love to have him. All he does is make plays.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm being completely honest, I wouldn't hate Holmes drafting AR15 at No. 6 should he last that long. Campbell stated a while ago that they will have their eyes on a QB because it's not like Goff is going to be around for 10 years - that is a direct quote from him.
I would still wait for a better QB class though. Goff is good for another few years easy.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still wait for a better QB class though. Goff is good for another few years easy.
I hate the idea of picking Richardson until they do. Then I am all in on the hype train. Full homer.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jalen Carter and Will Anderson are likely gone at 6.

CJ Stroud is the only QB I would take at 6 but I think he will go in the top 5.

So here is what I would do:

6: Tyree Wilson - A classic, 3-down DE to solidify the side opposite of Hutchinson. He will sack and pressure QBs and set the edge against the run consistently.

18: OCyrus Torrence (or insert your favorite OG) - Continue building that strength and stabilize the injury-prone interior.
OR
18: Drew Sanders (or Trenton Simpson) - Add an instant contributor to the LB group and add needed coverage skills to the middle of the field. LB is one of the weakest position groups on the team and our secondary is forced to make way too many tackles on RBs.

49: Hendon Hooker - Put a huge upside guy behind Goff. I am tired of having zero hope behind our starter. He is accurate, mobile, and has a pretty strong arm.

After that take the best available at any position. Keep stacking talent.