• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska sues B1G over cancelled season

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really this stupid, or is it all a game??? The lawsuit ends with the season being played........... that is obvious to anybody with 2 brain cells to rub together
And like I said at the beginning, the lawsuit was pointless and the B10 was likely going to kick the can the whole time until it was thrown out or until the presidents revised their decision on how to move forward. Which is exactly what happened.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I said at the beginning, the lawsuit was pointless and the B10 was likely going to kick the can the whole time until it was thrown out or until the presidents revised their decision on how to move forward. Which is exactly what happened.
Thanks to the lawsuit, we'll have a season. You're welcome.

One day you'll have to write about being retarded and wrong all the time, having never experienced that it would be some great insight into how plebs like you function in society.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to the lawsuit, we'll have a season. You're welcome.

One day you'll have to write about being retarded and wrong all the time, having never experienced that it would be some great insight into how plebs like you function in society.
At no point was the lawsuit even mentioned. It played into this 0%. The season was shut down because of testing. A few weeks later the rapid, cheap, test came out. The CFB season started, the NFL started and displayed how it could work. They reconvened as more people wanted to play, even at the schools where the presidents voted no, and that spurred reevaluation, a plan for rapid daily testing and a new season. We knew this is where it was going when the lawsuit happened, it was just a matter of when the B10 was trying to plan the season. I stated early on that they wer egoing to announce the plan well before this lawsuit concluded and that the B10 was just going to give them minimal information until that happened.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At no point was the lawsuit even mentioned. It played into this 0%. The season was shut down because of testing. A few weeks later the rapid, cheap, test came out. The CFB season started, the NFL started and displayed how it could work. They reconvened as more people wanted to play, even at the schools where the presidents voted no, and that spurred reevaluation, a plan for rapid daily testing and a new season. We knew this is where it was going when the lawsuit happened, it was just a matter of when the B10 was trying to plan the season. I stated early on that they wer egoing to announce the plan well before this lawsuit concluded and that the B10 was just going to give them minimal information until that happened.
The lawsuit didnt need to be mentioned the results speak for themselves.

Like i said anybody with 2 brain cells could figure this out

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lawsuit didnt need to be mentioned the results speak for themselves.

Like i said anybody with 2 brain cells could figure this out
The lawsuit was going no where. The B10 was within their rights to vote and kill the season. Nebraska was stomping their feet because they didn't like the vote. Had it continued, it would have ended in Nebraska players losing.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's over. The B10 is going to wait until the 12, produce some document saying what the vote was that we already know and that's that. Just like they waited until the deadline to say the vote was 11-3. And now it's looking like We may have a start date for the B10 again before the B10 even has to produce any requested documents if recent news about a re-vote is true. Nothing will come of this lawsuit, it was lost from the start and the biggest accomplishment will be wasting time getting some documents from the b10 that shows what we already know.
exactly what I said

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lawsuit was going no where. The B10 was within their rights to vote and kill the season. Nebraska was stomping their feet because they didn't like the vote. Had it continued, it would have ended in Nebraska players losing.
It didnt go "nowhere" though you moron. Just like the 97 championship everyone but you knows the truth. You are dumber than a box of rocks ( i heard you got beat in tic tac toe by one once)

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as predicted, the lawsuit goes nowhere; ends in a fizzle:

How does it feel to be so wrong?

LOL
You are seriously a Grade A idiot who's been on the wrong side of this from day one and don't know when to STFU. You have a pattern of that.

Do you even have a point?
1) The suit wasn't dismissed by the judge. To the contrary she ordered the Big 10 to produce further documents.
2) It wasn't won by the Big 10, they folded like a cheap lawn chair.
3) The suit was withdrawn by the plaintiff (players and parents) because the Big 10 threw in the towel instead of being exposed and risking what was likely to be a thousand more player and parent lawsuits jumping on-board once it was shown the by-laws didn't suport the cancellation. We're talking Class Action.

$75,000 in damages x 1400 players (football alone) = $105,000,000

"Requiring the conference to turn over records would have created a slippery slope." - Andrew Luger, Atty Big 10.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

They "kicked the can" once, you flaming idiot. The can didn't even make it to the end of the driveway.
"Kicking the can" was one hearing in which they did not provide the required information demanded in the suit. They sanctimoniously told the judge there was an 11-3 vote, but provided no documents to support said vote. "Take our word for it" they said. The judge said "That's not good enough" and ordered them to produce the by-laws. The Big 10 caved just prior to the due date on them. The Big 10 lawyers likely advised Kevin Warren and the front offices what the economic and public embarrassment risks would be in losing.

Count 1: Tortious Interference with Business Expectancies

The complaint sets forth that the players have legitimate business expectancies which requires football in order to market themselves and to develop their brand. As a result of the Fair Pay to Play Act, which was passed by the Nebraska legislature in 2020 and signed into law by Governor Rickets on July 24, 2020 the players are able to effectively market their name/image/likeness rights when the legal right becomes effective.

Cancelling football essentially limits their “primary, if not sole, manner in which the Student Athlete Plaintiffs can develop their brand and market themselves.”

The Big Ten’s interference in these business expectancies is unjustified because the decision to cancel fall football was “arbitrary and capricious and based on flawed data that has no application to the present setting. Upon information and belief, the Big Ten relied heavily on a study of the health effects of COVID-19 that involved COVID-impacted patients who bear little resemblances to the Student Athlete Plaintiffs, who are much older than the Student Athlete Plaintiffs, and who are not in similar physical condition as the Student Athlete Plaintiffs.”

“The purported reliance on such data, which was been sharply criticized nationally and internationally by numerous medical professions, is also unreasonable and unjustified, and arbitrary and capricious because it doesn’t take into account the significant countervailing safety issues that actually render the college football environment a safer place for the Student Athlete Plaintiffs when compared to an environment where college football is not being played.”

Count 2: Breach of Contract

Referencing “Governing Documents” is reference to earlier in the complaint when they said “upon information and belief, the Big Ten governing documents, including the Bylaws and/or Handbook, provide that the Council (the Big Ten Council of Presidents and Chancellors) is required to vote on all matters involving enforcement of the Big Ten Bylaws, Rules, Agreements, or Appendices which would: (a) reduce the amount of revenue to be received by a member, (b) reduce the number of sporting events in a member’s schedule, or (c) deprive participation of a member’s team in a telecast of a sporting event. Upon information and belief, a vote on the above described matters “may take effect only upon the vote of not less than sixty percent (60%) of the entire Council.”

So from what I can tell they do not have the actual “Governing Documents” but know about them since it states “upon information and belief.”

The Student Athlete Plaintiffs are third party beneficiaries under the Governing Documents, which means they have rights. This includes but is not limited to the right “to expect the Big Ten will follow its own governing documents and all of its other rules, regulations and guidelines; will not make arbitrary and capricious decisions; and when a vote on a decision as momentous as canceling all fall sports is announced, will conduct an actual vote.”

“The Big Ten breached its express and implied contractual obligations by reaching a decision that was not properly voted upon by its Council leadership and thereby not following established procedures and guidelines for the decision-making process.”

Count 3: Declaratory Judgment

“Based on the public statements identified above, the Council did not vote on whether to cancel or postpone the 2020 fall football season. The Big Ten has been unwilling and/or unable to produce any records evidencing any such vote.”

“The failure of the Big Ten to hold a vote on the purported decision to cancel the 2020 fall football season is a violation of the Governing Documents and the decision should be declared invalid and enforceable.”

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Requiring the conference to turn over records would have created a slippery slope." - Andrew Luger, Attorney Big Ten

"The Big 10 won" - wolvie and maze&blew

:dhd:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Requiring the conference to turn over records would have created a slippery slope." - Andrew Luger, Attorney Big Ten

"The Big 10 won" - wolvie and maze&blew

:dhd:
The B10 did win, and these decisions had nothing to do with Nebraska. The B10 had the lawsuit go exactly like it wanted to. And while Nebraska players got what they wanted, they would have gotten this without the frivolous lawsuit.

The reason we have football is largely because of Ohio State. Top down it's school applied pressure and was unified, but more importantly was the B10's best and most powerful team. When Nebraska speaks, no one listens. But when you have an OSU administration pressuring the conference it means something. That's why we have football.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B10 did win, and these decisions had nothing to do with Nebraska. The B10 had the lawsuit go exactly like it wanted to. And while Nebraska players got what they wanted, they would have gotten this without the frivolous lawsuit.

The reason we have football is largely because of Ohio State. Top down it's school applied pressure and was unified, but more importantly was the B10's best and most powerful team. When Nebraska speaks, no one listens. But when you have an OSU administration pressuring the conference it means something. That's why we have football.

LMFAO

I'm now convinced wolvie and maze&blew are actually Ohio St fans pretending to be dumb-ass Michigan fans just to make Michigan fans look bad.

I was always suspicious in that nobody can be that fucking stupid and be on the wrong side of everything, but that post guarantees it.

Well played.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO

I'm now convinced wolvie and maze&blew are actually Ohio St fans pretending to be dumb-ass Michigan fans just to make Michigan fans look bad.

I was always suspicious in that nobody can be that fucking stupid and be on the wrong side of everything, but that post guarantees it.

Well played.
There was only traction in this whole thing when the OSU administration, and Day, started the pressuring. Everyone laughed at the Nebraska lawsuit.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was only traction in this whole thing when the OSU administration, and Day, started the pressuring. Everyone laughed at the Nebraska lawsuit.

1) You're an idiot.
2) You're an Ohio St fan playing the part of an idiot.

One or the other.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your daddy disagrees.
"Meyer expressed in multiple interviews that the voices of players, parents and coaches loomed large in getting to this point. "Think of what the parents of the players did," Meyer said during an appearance with FOX Sports. "On their own dime, they went and fought. And I'll tell you, with all this stuff going on in this country, that was beautiful. I think it's a lesson learned by everyone that if you believe that strongly in something, there's a great way to go about getting it fixed. And they fixed it."

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

If nobody bitched nothign would have changed.

If players and parents hadnt filed a lawsuit, nothing would have changed.

If the Nebraska AG hadnt put B1G on notice that it was not in compliance with the laws governing non-profits and the B1G as a whole nothing would have happened.

If MNB had a brain he would understand this.