• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Neal Brown.......heading to Morgantown..

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a good hire. Surprised he hadn’t gotten more attention this offseason although not many big jobs available

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a good hire. Surprised he hadn’t gotten more attention this offseason although not many big jobs available

His numbers say he's ready...I don't know the quality of competition he saw every year..I know very little about the Sun Belt...Wv needs an Identity shift to the defensive side of the ball...and I don't think he brings that with him

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His numbers say he's ready...I don't know the quality of competition he saw every year..I know very little about the Sun Belt...Wv needs an Identity shift to the defensive side of the ball...and I don't think he brings that with him

He won at LSU 2 years ago and at Nebraska this past year so he does have some good wins (Nebraska is debatable as a good win though). The question is if he can do it consistently against good competition

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has small town roots in kentucky and alabama so theres a low probability he gets burnt out on the boondocks of morgantown to leave for the big city like the last guy.....

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won at LSU 2 years ago and at Nebraska this past year so he does have some good wins (Nebraska is debatable as a good win though). The question is if he can do it consistently against good competition
Nearly beat Clemson their Championship year (lost 20-14), but I agree, consistency is a concern. However, if he's winning 10 a year for us, no one will complain, lol!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly beat Clemson their Championship year (lost 20-14), but I agree, consistency is a concern. However, if he's winning 10 a year for us, no one will complain, lol!

I would just say he has shown potential to evaluate, develop, and coach. Now it’s time to see if he can successfully do that at the next level. Only thing that is a draw back is he is now in an area that produces a significantly smaller number of athletic diamonds in the rough

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just say he has shown potential to evaluate, develop, and coach. Now it’s time to see if he can successfully do that at the next level. Only thing that is a draw back is he is now in an area that produces a significantly smaller number of athletic diamonds in the rough
Always been the Achilles heel in Morgantown

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he brings Koenning with him from Troy you'll get a decent defensive coordinator. He put up great statistics at Clemson but his "bend but don't break" defense always seemed to break at the most inopportune times. He's no Brent Venables, but he's no Kevin Steele either.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has small town roots in kentucky and alabama so theres a low probability he gets burnt out on the boondocks of morgantown to leave for the big city like the last guy.....

With his ties with Stoops at UK I hope we can get a series goin with UK. Be good for both programs imo and we can hype the crap outta “Hatfields vs McCoys”

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his ties with Stoops at UK I hope we can get a series goin with UK. Be good for both programs imo and we can hype the crap outta “Hatfields vs McCoys”
Bets on Allison NOT being the starter?
My house is on Lowe! Woo hoo, lol!

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he brings Koenning with him from Troy you'll get a decent defensive coordinator. He put up great statistics at Clemson but his "bend but don't break" defense always seemed to break at the most inopportune times. He's no Brent Venables, but he's no Kevin Steele either.

If WVU could recruit DL like Clemson (who can?), their defense would be fine. Venables had issues at OU, but some of it was Stoops.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk of bringing defense...to a Big Xii school??

:scratch:

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If WVU could recruit DL like Clemson (who can?), their defense would be fine. Venables had issues at OU, but some of it was Stoops.

It's a whole different style of defense from Venables to Koenning though.

Koenning played to keep everything in front of you. He liked safety sized linebackers and relied on getting pressure primarily with the front four.

Venables attacks. He likes traditional sized linebackers for the most part and he's not afraid to bring pressure from anywhere.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote this on the Nebraska board July 13, 2018. I predicted troy to beat Nebraska and this is why.........

----------------------

Troy is well coached and has an offensive mind as the head coach. Sound familiar? Defense might be a little soft, but the offense is well oiled. New OC but he has worked with the head coach since Texas Tech.

Head Coach is Neal Brown first season was 2015

OC at troy

2008 8-4
2009 9-4

Runs a hurry up offense. Went on to be OC at texas tech where he really pumped his hurry up offense.

2010-2012 Texas Tech OC T Tech put up lots of points, but the Tech defense was mostly horrid. Whoever the tech d coordinator was, cost Tech a lot of wins. Basically, this is when the Big 12 became a pass happy conference with no concern for defense.

Head Coach at Troy

2015 Typical first season problems for a new coach and a new offense.
2015 4-8 but in the second half of the season the Troy offense began to click. Putting up 52 points, 51 points, 41 points, 41 points. Stage is set

2016 10-3 lost to Clemson by 30-24. You know, the team that finished number 1
2017 11-2 beat LSU 24-21, but came out flat vs Boise State and were over confident against South Alabama.

Troy is not afraid of going on the road. This team is now his recruits, will there be a drop off? Compare him to Frost, he is recruiting speed and more speed.

The Nebraska Troy game is going to be a shootout. Is Nebraska's defense in shape to stop this high speed offense? I don't think they will be. Troy's defense has been playing against their offense for three years now, I expect them to be in shape for the speed attack.

I expect this game to be like USF and UCF or the Memphis UCF game at the end of the year in 2017. Both of those games were track meets or equivalent to high school basketball games in points scored.

HOGGZ1LLA

subsonic66
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He as an excellent recruiter at UK. He'll run a smashmouth Air Raid Style and from what I've seen and heard from a few Troy guyis that he focused extensively on his defensive side of the ball!