• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA's take on March Madness........

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..........1.2 Billion Dollars!!...add that to what they made on the Bowl Games and NC game....a total of 3.6Billion......

So a non guaranteed 4 year education and a roof over your head is an equal trade off for a student athlete?....I am sure Nike feels the same way in how they pay their people in Taiwan to make basketball shoes!!........came out today that if you could SELL a college football program Ohio Sate would be worth 1 Billion dollars!!!..........

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schools and conferences get money from bowl games and the CFP, the NCAA has nothing to do with football other than to police it.

But, I get your point. And, I think that is why Jay Bilas is so outspoken about the NCAA and how it is failing to recognize… college sports has become big business. Billion dollar franchises… are also known as colleges and universities… it is time to change the way you conduct your business.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has become all about the money. Look at tomorrows games. Two west Coast teams play at 7 (UCLA Gonzaga), which is 4 PT. then Duke plays at 9. It is all about the ratings and the fans don't count.

I could support this if I saw the money going to good use, such as back to the schools academic programs, scholarships, or even paying players, but as it is, schools just keep using the money on bigger facilities and other items that can make them bigger and bigger.

What does the NCAA need 3.6 Billion dollars for anyway?

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmert and the NCAA is shady as the day is long. If I remember correctly, Emmert has a 3.5 million dollar ranch somewhere in New Mexico. This guy is far from a choir boy. See below:

Six years after Mark Emmert left his job at the University of Connecticut, the governor of Connecticut ordered an investigation into a massive construction project on campus that had been ravaged by scandal, including more than $100 million lost because of mismanagement.

To find out where things went wrong, the investigators looked at old papers of Emmert, who once supervised the project as UConn's chancellor. They soon found a bombshell.

Memos from 1998-99 showed that Emmert and two other top UConn officials knew about the construction project's big problems then, but failed to disclose them to the school's board of trustees or the state legislature.

The other two officials ultimately resigned after being placed on leave. The third — Emmert — went on to become president of the NCAA.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schools and conferences get money from bowl games and the CFP, the NCAA has nothing to do with football other than to police it.

But, I get your point. And, I think that is why Jay Bilas is so outspoken about the NCAA and how it is failing to recognize… college sports has become big business. Billion dollar franchises… are also known as colleges and universities… it is time to change the way you conduct your business.

My mistake.......BBW you are correct.......its just Basketball.........but here is the deal!! Crazy!!..They make all their money during March Madness...it is entirely their revenue..1 Billion Dollars for 3 weeks!!...

NCAA approaching $1 billion per year amid challenges by players