• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NCAA Men's and Women's Tournaments Cancelled

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reactions: gob

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time tournament has been cancelled in its 81 yr history. Played duringWW2. Fucking depressing...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isnt going to be cleared up anytime soon and is going to get worse before it gets better. If theres not a vaccine quick all sports will be done til at least the late summer/fall. If youre cancelling / suspebding stuff at the onset of an outbreak youre not reinstating it as tbr outvreak grows.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have made this a game thread; Covid-19 vs the entire bracket..

I think the Coronavirus would have run thru any region with ease, but when they meet Pussy in the finals it's over! Pussy is still undefeated

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving all seniors the option to play one more would be great in theory but tough to pull off.

You'd have to allow expanded rosters(due to recruiting) and then find a way to handle incoming recruits who now might not have the same opportunities they were expecting when committing.
I don't think it would be that hard. Most teams have like 4 seniors that matter and at least half would choose to move on. So expand the roster for 1 year.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 champs , Gonzaga, we know they would of disappointed, so we can in theory let them have it for once.
We've already awarded it to Auburn so just accept it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why they didn't postpone it and haven't seen a direct answer. I've seen stuff like "well, by the time things could get going again, players will have graduated or declared for the NBA draft".

So? These are unique circumstances. Make a waiver. Anyone that was a part of the team at the time of postponement is eligible to play when it resumes if they choose to do so.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isnt going to be cleared up anytime soon and is going to get worse before it gets better. If theres not a vaccine quick all sports will be done til at least the late summer/fall. If youre cancelling / suspebding stuff at the onset of an outbreak youre not reinstating it as tbr outvreak grows.

sounds like I'm not going to have to give any more speeches in my public speaking class this semester

all online baby

:yes:

i have awesome priorities

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, the reasoning for cancelling instead of postponing from what I can tell has to do with scheduling headaches, from getting the venues lined up on short notice once they feel comfortable playing again to the students having finals to deal with.

I'm a little more interested in the insurance plan the NCAA had for their various Championship events.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, the reasoning for cancelling instead of postponing from what I can tell has to do with scheduling headaches, from getting the venues lined up on short notice once they feel comfortable playing again to the students having finals to deal with.

I'm a little more interested in the insurance plan the NCAA had for their various Championship events.

The venue thing makes some sense in lining up future dates could be difficult. However, if they really wanted to make this happen imo, just play at the schools. Higher seed hosts, spread the games out over the course of a week instead of same day so there's not crazy travel between rounds. This is do-able if they were really serious about crowning a champion and letting these kids play. Instead, I think its cancelled because they can't make their TV show work and they don't want to do the necessary legwork knowing they aren't going to make their full profit.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Top CBB coaches working to eventually hold NCAA Tourney

- Selection Sunday on as planned.

- Postpone the NCAA Tournament and continue to monitor the situation.

‘We all talked, and agree on this,’ once told me,” Goodman concluded with.

The NCAA has some very big decisions to make in the coming days. The 2020 NCAA Tournament was set to begin next weekend, but every conference with games left to play in their own tournaments decided to cancel those upcoming contests due to the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Top CBB coaches working to eventually hold NCAA Tourney

- Selection Sunday on as planned.

- Postpone the NCAA Tournament and continue to monitor the situation.

‘We all talked, and agree on this,’ once told me,” Goodman concluded with.

The NCAA has some very big decisions to make in the coming days. The 2020 NCAA Tournament was set to begin next weekend, but every conference with games left to play in their own tournaments decided to cancel those upcoming contests due to the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

Old news link dude, the coffin has been buried for a little while now.

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an NCAA Tournament, not the College Football Invitational. Either automatic bids mean something or they don't. I don't want a half-ass NCAA Tournament.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA prez: Gobert test ended hopes for tourney

This makes some sense. A big factor in them just cancelling the thing outright is they don't think they could get enough tests to make sure all the players and staff to ensure everyone was healthy enough to play and that its an ethical dilemma for them to uses tests (which are scarce right now do the the US's lack of preparedness) on potentially healthy players when there's people out there that really need them