• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Trade Talk 2021

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the trade deadline is still a couple of weeks away. But I think that a lot of teams could be make some moves.

What trades would you like to see? What have you heard?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect the C's to be attached to a lot of rumors... (which is par for the course for the past several years).

I personally think that a Harrison Barnes makes a lot of sense for the Celtics.

We'll see, though. I'm pretty sure something is gonna happen in Beantown, but exactly what is hard to guess.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect the C's to be attached to a lot of rumors... (which is par for the course for the past several years).

I personally think that a Harrison Barnes makes a lot of sense for the Celtics.

We'll see, though. I'm pretty sure something is gonna happen in Beantown, but exactly what is hard to guess.

Bill Simmons was talking about that. He would love to see Barnes. But he thinks the Kings would probably be better off trading Hield. But who knows what that team will do?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Warriors to also be in a lot of trade talks. The Warriors have a lot of big assets to trade right now:

1) Minnesota #1
2) James Wiseman
3) Kelly Oubre's Expiring
4) Warriors own #1
5) DPE for Klay's injury

I don't know what the Warriors front office is thinking but seeing the way Steph has played this year shows that the Warriors cannot afford to go with the 3-5 year down the road path. They need to maximize this window.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Warriors to also be in a lot of trade talks. The Warriors have a lot of big assets to trade right now:

1) Minnesota #1
2) James Wiseman
4) Warriors own #1
5) DPE for Klay's injury

I don't know what the Warriors front office is thinking but seeing the way Steph has played this year shows that the Warriors cannot afford to go with the 3-5 year down the road path. They need to maximize this window.

I guess it would depend on what they are trying to do this year. Do they go all in for this year and try to make a big move?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it would depend on what they are trying to do this year. Do they go all in for this year and try to make a big move?
I don't think there's any chance they try to win a title this year. The idea would be do you give up on long term assets like Wiseman and the draft picks to be a contender the next 2 years with Klay back. Or is there enough there to not have to deal him, maybe just deal the picks...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any chance they try to win a title this year. The idea would be do you give up on long term assets like Wiseman and the draft picks to be a contender the next 2 years with Klay back. Or is there enough there to not have to deal him, maybe just deal the picks...

but can still use the dpe to land bird rights for guy to resign for next season when you are trying to win a title

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Minnesota #1
2) James Wiseman
4) Warriors own #1
5) DPE for Klay's injury

I agree. You're never going to have another Steph Curry again and it would be irresponsible if they played the slow game or didn't get aggressive while he's still elite. Who knows how long that window is.

They do have some assets (not a big Wiseman fan tbh, but he's still valuable for rebuilding teams + the picks and expiring contracts) problem is, who do they even trade for? I've tried to think of some needle moving trades and can't think of any specific targets.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. You're never going to have another Steph Curry again and it would be irresponsible if they played the slow game or didn't get aggressive while he's still elite. Who knows how long that window is.

They do have some assets (not a big Wiseman fan tbh, but he's still valuable for rebuilding teams + the picks and expiring contracts) problem is, who do they even trade for? I've tried to think of some needle moving trades and can't think of any specific targets.

yeah it’s not a great market foe their needs.

lavine isn’t great for them. Except this year without klay.

same with beal.

they really just need to build a bench around them and hope the young kids develop.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the big question, IMO. Are there any big time players out there that they could make a move for?

Maybe John Collins? Not sure if he qualifies as a big time player but it does seem that the Hawks would move him.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the big question, IMO. Are there any big time players out there that they could make a move for?

Maybe John Collins? Not sure if he qualifies as a big time player but it does seem that the Hawks would move him.

collins might be the best player truly available.

but the don’t need wiseman. So you’re trading the minny pick for Collins in some form of a deal.

insider has a deal like this.

The wolves pick and most of the young bench for Collins reddish, huerter and the hawks 2021 first

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hoping the heat can acquire a 4 who can do the things crowder and jones jr did last season

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Stein was saying today that the Lakers believe they have a real chance at getting Andre Drummond if the Cavs buy him out. Not sure why'd they buy him out, but hey, that's some news I guess.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Stein was saying today that the Lakers believe they have a real chance at getting Andre Drummond if the Cavs buy him out. Not sure why'd they buy him out, but hey, that's some news I guess.
Do the Lakers want a guy who looks good on paper but has little impact on winning?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Lakers want a guy who looks good on paper but has little impact on winning?
The better the team the more a guy like that can impact winning. His rebounding alone changes the team for the better. There are nights that they all take off on the defensive end, he can sure that up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers need help in the middle. Drummond brings that. He would have to know that he's not going to be putting up the same numbers in LA that he has in Cleveland because the Lakers don't need that from him.

If he understands that he's trading stats for a possible ring, it should work just fine.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no point in buying him out lol. Unless he took less money from them to do so

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no point in buying him out lol. Unless he took less money from them to do so

Even then. He's a 28 million dollar expiring contract. That contract has value right now.

And it is hard to see Drummond saying yes to a big haircut on his guaranteed money just to sign a league minimum contract.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'd be better than Gasol, who is washed up and can barely move. It's why since the offseason, I've been harping about how the Lakers need 1 more center because Gasol has declined to where he can be a liability in the playoffs. If you remember last year, he basically got played off the court in the Raptors games. He's good in spots and is a fine regular season piece, but I think they're gonna need someone that's either a little more athletic or more consistently dependable (ideally both).

Exactly. It doesn't really make sense for either Cleveland or Drummond. I figure Stein's piece was just the Lakers putting out there to say "Hey Andre. Push for a buyout. We'll sign you"