• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA Summer League 2018

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter’s defense has been extremely impressive for such a young dude

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these Summer League jerseys are any indication of what's coming for the actual team jerseys next season I just want to say THANK THE BASKETBALL GODS THE GOLD IS BACK FOR THE LAKERS. That neon banana yellow Nike puked up last year was terrible. It's Purple and Gold. NOT YELLOW

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these Summer League jerseys are any indication of what's coming for the actual team jerseys next season I just want to say THANK THE BASKETBALL GODS THE GOLD IS BACK FOR THE LAKERS. That neon banana yellow Nike puked up last year was terrible. It's Purple and Gold. NOT YELLOW

They ain't bad...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the way I see it is simple - The Lakers won 35 games last year. I would think that LeBron is good for another 15 or so wins and 35 + 15 would put the Lakers at 50 wins - Portland finished 49 this year for third place - I am quite happy to finish third after missing the playoffs for 5 years straight. That's encouraging

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the way I see it is simple - The Lakers won 35 games last year. I would think that LeBron is good for another 15 or so wins and 35 + 15 would put the Lakers at 50 wins - Portland finished 49 this year for third place - I am quite happy to finish third after missing the playoffs for 5 years straight. That's encouraging

Not sure jersey shade affects this but I appreciate your spirit. 50 wins it is!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure jersey shade affects this but I appreciate your spirit. 50 wins it is!
I think 50 would be the target really and by the time we get to 20 games in the season - I think we will have an idea if that is possible - It could be the Jersey shades - but Stephen A Smith is the one that suggested that 50 wins was quite possible with the Lakers and he is a Knicks fan

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 50 would be the target really and by the time we get to 20 games in the season - I think we will have an idea if that is possible - It could be the Jersey shades - but Stephen A Smith is the one that suggested that 50 wins was quite possible with the Lakers and he is a Knicks fan

The Lakers can definitely win 50. IMO, that is about the top end of their win band. 45-50 wins next year seems to be about right for them unless they perform much better than expected or much worse.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers can definitely win 50. IMO, that is about the top end of their win band. 45-50 wins next year seems to be about right for them unless they perform much better than expected or much worse.

A little silly to cap them at 50. They aren't winning 60, but 50 games should be about what they are projected at, not the cap.

I can see anywhere from 45-55 depending on how many games LeBron plays and how the pieces end up fitting.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little silly to cap them at 50. They aren't winning 60, but 50 games should be about what they are projected at, not the cap.

I can see anywhere from 45-55 depending on how many games LeBron plays and how the pieces end up fitting.

chemistry'll play a part for sure...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's certainly possible that the Lakers could win 55. But unless they make some significant changes to the roster it seems fairly unlikely.

IMO, they are going to struggle early on. Lebron teams historically struggle and his previous teams were considerably more talented than this current squad.

Reactions: LAD

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just never know - I haven't seen too many people be correct - We just have to see how the chemistry is and etc, but if they can finish between 45 and higher as I believe - then there should not be a problem making the playoffs.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy Shit - we agree on something - Although - if they make it to 50 wins - I expect most people including the Lakers will be quite happy. I would love to see 55, but I don't want to get my hopes high until I see some production

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just never know - I haven't seen too many people be correct - We just have to see how the chemistry is and etc, but if they can finish between 45 and higher as I believe - then there should not be a problem making the playoffs.

Well of course we don't know. The Lakers could immediately gel and Ingram and Ball take huge steps and the Lakers wind up winning 57 games. OTOH, Lebron could get his first injury of his career and the Lakers wind up winning 35 games again.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course we don't know. The Lakers could immediately gel and Ingram and Ball take huge steps and the Lakers wind up winning 57 games. OTOH, Lebron could get his first injury of his career and the Lakers wind up winning 35 games again.
I don't want to use the Injury word - that's bad luck - I think my projection though of 50 wins is a fairly reasonable one knowing that anything is possible and that it could change. I personally think that if the Lakers get 50 wins - Even LeBron will be satisfied and they will be in the running for a shot in finals - the one difference now will be they have to get past the Warriors and quite frankly - If everyone is healthy - I don't think Boston is a joke - they are good. I think they have the potential to be the team that surprises everyone

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to use the Injury word - that's bad luck - I think my projection though of 50 wins is a fairly reasonable one knowing that anything is possible and that it could change. I personally think that if the Lakers get 50 wins - Even LeBron will be satisfied and they will be in the running for a shot in finals - the one difference now will be they have to get past the Warriors and quite frankly - If everyone is healthy - I don't think Boston is a joke - they are good. I think they have the potential to be the team that surprises everyone

I think most folks would agree that 50 wins is a reasonable projection for the number of wins the Lakers will have next year.

I don't think you will find too many people that think that the Lakers, as currently constructed, have a legitimate shot at the finals.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most folks would agree that 50 wins is a reasonable projection for the number of wins the Lakers will have next year.

I don't think you will find too many people that think that the Lakers, as currently constructed, have a legitimate shot at the finals.
That's more of a long shot which depends on the demise of the Warriors as constructed. No one stays at the top forever though and sooner or later - someone is going to knock them off their throne

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Derrickson for the Warriors has been amazing. Dude had another 23 point performance with 7 boards, a steal and a block, including 8/14 from the field and 2/5 from 3. I think he's a prime candidate for a two way contract from the Warriors. He looks like a guy who could contribute right away, which is what the Warriors are actually intending on using the two way contracts for this upcoming year.

Because the Warriors are in the tax, they intend to carry only 14 guys, but have 2 two way contract guys to float as needed.