• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Nutrition

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stated before how ridiculous it is when professional athletes have no idea what or why they are putting what into their bodies.

While reading this at first I was like ok...then my eyes were wide open glued in disbelief for a few minutes and then the horrific thought of these are professional athletes, imagine the random kid?

Nutrition in the NBA; Part I: Lessons learned in L.A. help Howard's career - CBSSports.com

Way to go Lakers, keep it up Dwight!!! Heat please pay attention...

Side note, I miss whole foods so much :( and am going to try that "bullet proof coffee".

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole Foods is good but severely overpriced. I like their lose selection of beans, grains, etc., that you can weigh out what you need.

Grass-fed Tim. He's the guru behind the Lakers nutrition. If I remember correctly, he works with Whole Foods which puts together healthy game day meals for the team as well as provides them at the practice facility. Backstage Lakers did a nice piece on Tim last season.

Whatever the Heat are doing regarding nutrition seems to be working out just fine for them!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the same article and it hit home for me. I was diagnosed with type 2 and had no idea. I turned it around in less than 2 months eating like Howard did. Shocked the hell out of my doctor. I do the same thing where I allow myself to eat anything I want once a week. During the holidays I pig out as well but the rest of the time I eat right.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I am almost certain that Dwight's 3% BF is an incorrect measurement or something. That really is just not healthy to hold for long periods of time.

Body builders hold 2-3% BF for a week at time. Not longer due to the negative effects.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Allen just started the Paleo diet following Miami's 2013 title. He says Lebron has been well aware of his diet for a long time.

That was a sign of relief.

I was worried when I saw them eating fruit loops in the commercial but I knew he had a personal chef.