• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Makes Statement on LA Floppers

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geeze, here we go. Almost comical flops in front of refs and they simply get the call. Mugging other players in front of refs... no call or wrong call....

The NBA is well on record for admitting they allow refs to give star treatment to certain players and teams and again they do not disappoint. LaBra and his new team will have every opportunity to gain a 6-8 point advantage over other teams this season on approval from the NBA for marketing purposes.

This is why the NBA has been a joke for a long time. It's really the WWW of pro sports.

But, I also think it's what the fans want. As NBA ref Bernie Fryer stated... that the NBA head people made it clear when they told the refs it's not about making the right calls, it's about seeing to it certain players and teams have advantages to keep league interest up. It's not about wins or losses, it's about PR and marketing. THAT's what brings in the money that extends all the way down to the refs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yet here you are posting on the NBA board

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, I also think it's what the fans want. As NBA ref Bernie Fryer stated... that the NBA head people

lol

I'm sure there's a real quote out there where he referred to them as "the NBA head people".

There have always been "star calls". Guess what? Lillard gets them too.

It has nothing to do with the NBA League Office (aka The NBA Head People) and everything to do with the refs being human beings.

And lol @ref conspiracy theories after a game your team won.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to ESPN radio about 15 years ago and they interviewing 2 NBA refs (one was Bernie Fryer). The topic came up about giving star treatment to certain teams and players and both admitted the league approved of it and encouraged it. They didn't have to, but it was not frowned upon. Mostly the rationale was so that certain players would be on the court more, or shine more (Shaq would have fouled out of nearly every game he played in if he got called for his two handed back shoves and MJ with his constant traveling...) and that meant marketing and money. It was a long segment and they detailed meetings with league officials... and it was enlightening. And, I guess I get it. The NBA is marketed better than any pro league in the world and star players and power market teams get preference. It makes the world go around. It's just that, to me, why not just call the game straight up?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to ESPN radio about 15 years ago and they interviewing 2 NBA refs (one was Bernie Fryer). The topic came up about giving star treatment to certain teams and players and both admitted the league approved of it and encouraged it. They didn't have to, but it was not frowned upon. Mostly the rationale was so that certain players would be on the court more, or shine more (Shaq would have fouled out of nearly every game he played in if he got called for his two handed back shoves and MJ with his constant traveling...) and that meant marketing and money. It was a long segment and they detailed meetings with league officials... and it was enlightening. And, I guess I get it. The NBA is marketed better than any pro league in the world and star players and power market teams get preference. It makes the world go around. It's just that, to me, why not just call the game straight up?
Damn, you've been sitting on this conspiracy for 15 years. You gotta speak up sooner so we can tackle this overwhelming problem. Tell us what you know about 9-11 too!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to talk about conspiracy just look into the Tim Donaghy Suns-Spurs series of 2007.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geeze, here we go. Almost comical flops in front of refs and they simply get the call. Mugging other players in front of refs... no call or wrong call....

The NBA is well on record for admitting they allow refs to give star treatment to certain players and teams and again they do not disappoint. LaBra and his new team will have every opportunity to gain a 6-8 point advantage over other teams this season on approval from the NBA for marketing purposes.

This is why the NBA has been a joke for a long time. It's really the WWW of pro sports.

But, I also think it's what the fans want. As NBA ref Bernie Fryer stated... that the NBA head people made it clear when they told the refs it's not about making the right calls, it's about seeing to it certain players and teams have advantages to keep league interest up. It's not about wins or losses, it's about PR and marketing. THAT's what brings in the money that extends all the way down to the refs.
Link? It's nothing personal, but I'd like to verify your claims

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why are you here?

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why are you here?

'CAUSE I'M A DAMN FAN!!!!!!!!!!!

I love sports. Played on numerous high school teams and pick up stuff for years after and on all-navy teams... I umpired and ref'd bball up thru high school level and just love sports.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'CAUSE I'M A DAMN FAN!!!!!!!!!!!

I love sports. Played on numerous high school teams and pick up stuff for years after and on all-navy teams... I umpired and ref'd bball up thru high school level and just love sports.
THAT'S not possible. Fans enjoy the game and aren't caught up will rediculous conspiracy theories. in short Elvis has left the building son

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT'S not possible. Fans enjoy the game and aren't caught up will rediculous conspiracy theories. in short Elvis has left the building son

HAHAHAHA!!

I know, and I get it. But when I see the 7th game in the Sacramento/Laker finals when there were nearly 18 or so calls that were just too bad to believe- all against the Kings, how can one not believe in them.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, if you
HAHAHAHA!!

I know, and I get it. But when I see the 7th game in the Sacramento/Laker finals when there were nearly 18 or so calls that were just too bad to believe- all against the Kings, how can one not believe in them.
The Kings lost my friend get over it already:lol:

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, if you

The Kings lost my friend get over it already:lol:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, trust me. I'm not a Kings fan.

Say, as an LA Flopper fan, whet do you think they will do with respect to brining in real NBA players for LaBra? Do you think it will be this season or next?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, trust me. I'm not a Kings fan.

Say, as an LA Flopper fan, whet do you think they will do with respect to brining in real NBA players for LaBra? Do you think it will be this season or next?
WELL I am hoping the Lakers will flop out another title to the 16 TITLES that your team never got because they are pathetic losers:dhd:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@blazer prophet, I apologize in advance, I can't help myself, but....

C9aUd.gif

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WELL I am hoping the Lakers will flop out another title to the 16 TITLES that your team never got because they are pathetic losers:dhd:
And that will happen.................................................... maybe in 25 years.