• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Inside Stuff Reunion.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Accidentally walks in to another dimension)

(Turns and walks right back out)

Speaking of going to different dimensions, @MHSL82 doesn't want to communicate with outer space.

(I couldn't directly quote the post since it is archived).

I suppose Twitter's fine if you have a network, but right now I see it as a one-man show thing where you just send your thoughts out there into outer space. If I were more interesting, I suppose it could work. But if I posted this... ehh.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carlos Boozer is my answer for the Malone comparison. Also Elton Brand.

Deron Williams is not like Stockton because Williams can't make FTs, steal, or defend.

Antetokounmpo is closer in that regards.

Steve Nash and Mark Price have some similarities to Stockton, minus the steals and defense.

At one point, I might have said Rajon Rondo, but there's too many holes in that. Rondo's assists aren't like Stockton's.

Neither are Chris Paul. Chris Paul is just Chris Paul.

It would kind of be cool if Chris Paul was more like Stockton, just so there's a modern player that could carry on that same way of playing, but it's not meant to be. Chris Paul and Rajon Rondo hold the ball too much.

Stockton would make pretty quick decisions.

Kevin Love is like Stockton when it comes to those outlet halfcourt passes.

I guess I would say LeBron James, for the Stockton comparison, minus the defense. It's also good that James has eventually become a better shooter, like Stockton. Still can't make free throws, though.

Westbrook shares Stockton's intensity in trying to scrap and get the ball, on every possession.

Malone’s advice for Boozer: Be Carlos Boozer. Not Karl. Create your own name. (He said it not in a possessive way or looking over your shoulder way, but rather, don’t pressure yourself to live up to 19 years of Utah experience.)

About Love’s half court passes: Stockton’s Top 12 plays/moments of his career:

1. Houston Buzzer beating three pointer.
2. NBA Finals full court pass to Malone.
3. Stockton becoming the number one all time assist leader.
4. Stockton becoming the all time steals leader.
5. Winning Game 1 of the NBA Finals, even though the Jazz lost the series.
6. Lockerroom Retirement “I think I’m Done.” (Emotional for me, not crying emotional but I’ll definitely remember this.) May 02, my sister’s birthday.
7. Getting drafted.
8. Sacramento Kings giving Stockton and Malone a standing ovation leaving the court in the playoffs.
9. Getting the starting nod.
10. Pushing the Showrime Lakers to Game 7.
11. If they had called Jordan’s push off, forcing Game 7 would have been somewhere - since that didn’t happen, I am putting this second to last.
12. I don’t know where I would truly put this so I lost this last: getting his autograph.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11. If they had called Jordan’s push off, forcing Game 7 would have been somewhere - since that didn’t happen, I am putting this second to last.

It wasn't a push off. Russell had already lost his balance.

Jordan even said before that play happened, that he knew he'd be able to fake out Russell, and that's what happened.

I wish Bob Hansen had been on that Jazz team. I'll get to that later, when I finish recapping the 1988 series against the Lakers.

Bob Hansen is my new favorite Jazz player.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Love’s half court passes: Stockton’s Top 12 plays/moments of his career:

1. Houston Buzzer beating three pointer.
3. Stockton becoming the number one all time assist leader.
4. Stockton becoming the all time steals leader.
5. Winning Game 1 of the NBA Finals, even though the Jazz lost the series.
6. Lockerroom Retirement “I think I’m Done.” (Emotional for me, not crying emotional but I’ll definitely remember this.) May 02, my sister’s birthday.
7. Getting drafted.
8. Sacramento Kings giving Stockton and Malone a standing ovation leaving the court in the playoffs.
9. Getting the starting nod.
10. Pushing the Showrime Lakers to Game 7.
12. I don’t know where I would truly put this so I lost this last: getting his autograph.

Good list, I enjoyed it.

POST OF THE MONTH.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to come up with top 32 Malone moments?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many top Sloan moments are you going to come up with?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a push off. Russell had already lost his balance.

Jordan even said before that play happened, that he knew he'd be able to fake out Russell, and that's what happened.

I wish Bob Hansen had been on that Jazz team. I'll get to that later, when I finish recapping the 1988 series against the Lakers.

Bob Hansen is my new favorite Jazz player.

It was a push off. You can argue it wasn’t a foul or that you don’t call a foul at that time of game, but his hand is placed on him and extended forward. Yes, I know Russell can be faked out, but he was pushed. If he didn’t push, maybe Russell fouls him? Maybe he makes it and Longley somehow steals the ensuing inbound pass that I get mad about not calling a timeout?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he makes it and Longley somehow steals the ensuing inbound pass that I get mad about not calling a timeout?

Would that have made Coach Sloan, The Worst Coach In Sports?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, since I like the 1988 Jazz Team more than the 1998 one, I don't want to take Hansen out of the 1988 one and onto the 1998 one, I'd rather leave him on the 1988 one, and maybe add a rebounder from another year onto the 1988 team.

1988 > 1998.

1997 > 1998.

Stockton 1988 is the best.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he makes it and Longley somehow steals the ensuing inbound pass that I get mad about not calling a timeout?
Sometimes you don't want to call a timeout, because then that gives the defense a chance to prepare and get set.

I wonder how many times people get mad at coaches FOR calling timeouts, if their team immediately commits a turnover after the timeout, due to the increased defensive pressure?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This wouldn't have happened if a timeout had happened, due to the defense having been set.

I'm surprised you even mentioned who the full court pass was to. As I figured you wouldn't have wanted the recipient to overshadow Stockton The Passer. ;) So best way to avoid that is to eliminate the recipient's name.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you don't want to call a timeout, because then that gives the defense a chance to prepare and get set.

I wonder how many times people get mad at coaches FOR calling timeouts, if their team immediately commits a turnover after the timeout, due to the increased defensive pressure?

Yes, but what I was trying to illustrate is that it is hindsight is 20/20 situation. So in my example, we would have not called timeout and I’d get mad that we didn’t. Or conversely, if we did call timeout and the defense is set and stops us, I’d be upset that we called the timeout. Plus, I’m trying to rationalize the push by saying we’d lose in Game 7 or do something stupid if he hadn’t push off or if they called it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would that have made Coach Sloan, The Worst Coach In Sports?

Never could happen. He’s made mistakes as all coaches do and he has been on every major stage, and a combination of those two would not have made him the worst. Only if he didn’t start Stockton and Malone because he wanted a strong bench, then that would have done it.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never could happen. He’s made mistakes as all coaches do and he has been on every major stage, and a combination of those two would not have made him the worst. Only if he didn’t start Stockton and Malone because he wanted a strong bench, then that would have done it.

I'm glad you found a way it could happen. :dhd:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but what I was trying to illustrate is that it is hindsight is 20/20 situation. So in my example, we would have not called timeout and I’d get mad that we didn’t. Or conversely, if we did call timeout and the defense is set and stops us, I’d be upset that we called the timeout. Plus, I’m trying to rationalize the push by saying we’d lose in Game 7 or do something stupid if he hadn’t push off or if they called it.

Thanks.

And 1997 Game 6 > 1998 Game 6.

Jazz should have doubled in 1998. No hindsight.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beginning had a cheesy 80s feel to it.

Why would someone post a joke video of Malone refraining how many reps a beginner is supposed to do?

They didn't even post a video of a full exercise.

I learned more from the Bowflex videos, a few weeks ago.