• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA G League Ignite

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sup fam. For those that want to keep up with it, I'll be updating this thread with articles on the G League Ignite team and the prospects on the team focusing on the 2021 NBA Draft. Today they had their first private, untelevised scrimmage and I briefly broke it down. Jeremy Lin was there and veterans Amir Johnson and Bobby Brown are helping the Ignite team as mentors. The main appeal are 1st round picks Jonathan Kuminga, Jalen Green and Daishen Nix. Kai Sotto and Isaiah Todd also long-term guys to watch as well.

Looking forward to getting more info and film on these guys, should be an interesting experiment that could dramatically impact the path of one and done prospects forever. Attached below!

NBA G League Ignite Debut: Scrimmage

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sting...so what's this ignite team? Is it high school kids who didn't want to go the one and done route, so they join this team in the G-League? Is that a site that you write for?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sting...so what's this ignite team? Is it high school kids who didn't want to go the one and done route, so they join this team in the G-League? Is that a site that you write for?

That's pretty much the just of it. They also get paid pretty well. Some up to 500K. The main reason is to try and keep kids from going overseas like LaMelo, so it's easier to evaluate them. My guess is 4/5 per cycle will go this route. So far there haven't been any kids to commit to it for the 2021 cycle, but I'm going to guess Chet Holmgren, Michael Foster and Jaden Hardy end up doing it.