• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Exec on Bizarre Markelle Fultz Shooting Form: 'This Is Mind-Boggling'

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been told by numerous people in the Politics forum that if its on the Internet is must be 100% true.

You really feel that a team with 5 starters who have never played together before is not going to have some serious growing pains?
I worried more earlier in the off-season... but the C's looked pretty good in the preseason. I think you (and a lot of other people) are going to be surprised.

Could be the homer glasses... only time will tell.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worried more earlier in the off-season... but the C's looked pretty good in the preseason. I think you (and a lot of other people) are going to be surprised.

Well I think banking on preseason games being indicative of the season is a dangerous path.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think banking on preseason games being indicative of the season is a dangerous path.
No doubt. I'm not starting a thread or anything... just voicing my cautious optimism.

One thing I think folks will be surprised on is how decent the C's are on defense. This team reminds me a little of the Atlanta Hawks from 6 or 7 years ago in that regard... just a huge number of versatile guys with some size and some athleticism that can switch all over the place.

Those Hawks had Josh Childress, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams... these Celtics have Marcus Smart, Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, Marcus Morris and potentially Daniel Thesis (the reigning defensive player of the year in Germany, anyone?).

Rebounding is the only big, nagging concern I see... and it's a real issue. Everywhere else I'm seeing a bright side.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I'm not starting a thread or anything... just voicing my cautious optimism.

One thing I think folks will be surprised on is how decent the C's are on defense. This team reminds me a little of the Atlanta Hawks from 6 or 7 years ago in that regard... just a huge number of versatile guys with some size and some athleticism that can switch all over the place.

Those Hawks had Josh Childress, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams... these Celtics have Marcus Smart, Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, Marcus Morris and potentially Daniel Thesis (the reigning defensive player of the year in Germany, anyone?).

Rebounding is the only big, nagging concern I see... and it's a real issue. Everywhere else I'm seeing a bright side.

The Celtics may become a really really good defensive team. I have no idea. But expecting them to be an efficient defensive squad right out of the gate is to ignore basketball history.

Can you think of an example of a team with 4 new starters that was immediately an excellent defensive team?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics may become a really really good defensive team. I have no idea. But expecting them to be an efficient defensive squad right out of the gate is to ignore basketball history.

Can you think of an example of a team with 4 new starters that was immediately an excellent defensive team?
No... I agree with you, I don't expect them to be an "excellent" defensive team... especially at first.

Jayson Tatum is a perfect example of why they won't be. He's starting due to injury... but almost no rookie is ready to be a good defender.... it's both mental and physical. He's gonna get picked on.

Heck, Jaylen Brown has all the physical tools to be a top defender... but he was brutal on that end early last year. Mental mistakes were common.

The C's are gonna outscore teams... especially at first. In the East, during the regular season... they'll be fine.

I'm already making big plans for what to do with that 10 billion dollars. BIG plans.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After 2 weeks, the Spurs and Thunder come to Boston for games. I think those games will tell us a lot about all 3 teams.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... I agree with you, I don't expect them to be an "excellent" defensive team... especially at first.

Jayson Tatum is a perfect example of why they won't be. He's starting due to injury... but almost no rookie is ready to be a good defender.... it's both mental and physical. He's gonna get picked on.

Heck, Jaylen Brown has all the physical tools to be a top defender... but he was brutal on that end early last year. Mental mistakes were common.

The C's are gonna outscore teams... especially at first. In the East, during the regular season... they'll be fine.

Maybe so. I think you are dismissing the amount of change this team will be dealing with and the challenges associated with overcoming it.

I'm already making big plans for what to do with that 10 billion dollars. BIG plans.

I already know what I'll be doing. I'll be buying Rhode Island.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a serious note, are they really going to start with Horford, Hayward, Brown, Tatum, and Irving? Yikes!! Good luck!!

once Morris is back Tatum will go to the bench and be paired with Rozier and Smart .

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz shooting was what was rumored to be his sour point by scouts. The dude has handles and he will go up against big guys. I like his attitude assuming he gives every game. They should not start him right now. His confidence needs to be managed. He has not ever played in pressure games in pros let alone in college so he needs to correct that release

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so. I think you are dismissing the amount of change this team will be dealing with and the challenges associated with overcoming it.
Brad Stevens got the formula to combat that sh!t:

636295979626892233-2-BUTLERBB09.185656.jpg

flyerhawk said:
I already know what I'll be doing. I'll be buying Rhode Island.
As far as ideas go... that's not the worst.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know he was such a bad FT shooter and that shot is uuuggggly

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the kid is hurt. His shot last year was not super different but at least he had some wrist strength. He seems to have that marcus smart habit of bringing the ball up from low in a dangerous way, easyy to block. He just needs a shooting coach

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics season will be defined within the firs 30 games of the year. If the Celtics are over .500 after 30 games, they could be a really dangerous team.

I think it will be very hard for them to do that though.
I bet you 5 billion dollars that the C's are over .500 after the first 30 games.

Deal?
Let's make it 10 billion.
Deal!!... I'm holding you to this.

And yes, because you wrote it down this is legally binding. The internet is forever.
Well, well, well... looks like the C's clinched a winning record by 30 games with ease.

All we're left with now is method of payment. I'm willing to accept cash... or, short of that, a quantity of rubies or emeralds that totals $10 billion in value. Whatever works best for you, flyer.

:suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of shoulder injury prevents you from shooting from the outside, yet allows you to drive to the rim and has a low chance of getting worse?

Depends. Years ago, I used to play in rec leagues. I hurt my shoulder once and when I tried to shoot from the 3 point line, it hurt to where I couldn't get the ball to the basket unless I shot it like a 2 handed chest pass.

But as I moved closer to the basket to shoot, it hurt less and not at all within 5 feet of the basket. I have no idea what I did and I was back to normal (shooting 3's that made it to the basket, but didn't go in. lol) in about 3 weeks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we're left with now is method of payment. I'm willing to accept cash... or, short of that, a quantity of rubies or emeralds that totals $10 billion in value. Whatever works best for you, flyer.

Can we set up an EZ payment plan?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we set up an EZ payment plan?
I'll tell you what...

I'll be a legit dude and agree to nullify the debt... if and only if...

... you admit Republicans rule and Democrats drool.

Otherwise, you're on the hook for the whole shebang.

Take it or leave it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what...

I'll be a legit dude and agree to nullify the debt... if and only if...

... you admit Republicans rule and Democrats drool.

Otherwise, you're on the hook for the whole shebang.

Take it or leave it.

How bout Democrats drool and Republicans fool?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout Democrats drool and Republicans fool?
I'll take that! Deal. {{slams palm on table}}

I just negotiated you under the table using techniques from this great book I just read:

Trump_the_art_of_the_deal.jpg

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take that! Deal. {{slams palm on table}}

I just negotiated you under the table using techniques from this great book I just read:

Trump_the_art_of_the_deal.jpg

Dammit! I knew I was being snookered. Now I understand how.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, well, well... looks like the C's clinched a winning record by 30 games with ease.

:suds:

A friend of mine was joking around in college and he wrote me a million dollar check.

I have it stored in a safe place the last 17 years in case he ever gets rich enough to make into payable. That is what this bet reminded me off.

Something tells me though, I have a better chance of cashing that check someday than you do of getting that $10 billion from @flyerhawk