• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA East Semi-Final 3 : Johnny vs UK

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my team defense is more than the sum of individuals. Robertson, Pippen, Wallace and Pressey are all lock down defenders. Hayes was unstoppable, and no one is staying in front of Wall. I think the ability to get stops and turn turnovers into extra possessions and points would get it done. But I can see the other side too
I do like your team and the theme you went with when putting it together.

Had I voted in round one, I would've voted for you.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, 16 is a lot which makes it more interesting but like you said it's tough after 6 for sure... I think you did good it just wasn't what I normally expect from a uk team (again I know why)... I think Hayes is solid but I don't think he scores enough which means Wall goes in attack mode which IMO takes more away from Hayes... At this point I just don't give Wall the respect to beat an alltime time headed by Zeke... Pippen is great too but this team just doesn't have enough something... Can't put my finger on it... Maybe shooting...? I don't know...:noidea:
Hayes is solid? Bro, the guy scored as many as 29 a game for a season and averaged as many as 19 boards a game for a season. He's a lot more than solid lol. In fact, when talking about Monroe, I don't think he is as good as O'Neal, let alone Hayes. JMO

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayes is solid? Bro, the guy scored as many as 29 a game for a season and averaged as many as 19 boards a game for a season. He's a lot more than solid lol. In fact, when talking about Monroe, I don't think he is as good as O'Neal, let alone Hayes. JMO
I really see Monroe dealing with tDutchman/Wallace while Howard tries to slow down Hayes.

Both teams are made up of guys who play Forward and Center imo. Howard may be the most centerish of all the centers, but he's also the best athlete of the bunch.

Wallace isn't going to go off offensively on Monroe because of the switch. Nor would Smitts (hope you guys know I loved that dude as a kid, for obvious reasons.) become a bigger rebounding factor.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really see Monroe dealing with tDutchman/Wallace while Howard tries to slow down Hayes.

Both teams are made up of guys who play Forward and Center imo. Howard may be the most centerish of all the centers, but he's also the best athlete of the bunch.

Wallace isn't going to go off offensively on Monroe because of the switch. Nor would Smitts (hope you guys know I loved that dude as a kid, for obvious reasons.) become a bigger rebounding factor.
Wallace wouldn't go off offensively, but I believe he would hold Howard in check. I think Hayes would tear Monroe a new rump

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace wouldn't go off offensively, but I believe he would hold Howard in check. I think Hayes would tear Monroe a new rump
I just don't see Hayes being defended by Monroe.

Monroe matches up much better with Rik. And I don't want to seem like Wallace is without value offensively, just not as a scorer.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll say this about Hayes... From all the research I've done of him he was a crappy teammate... He choked or fouled out of some of the biggest games he's been in... I'm not huge on him, I know he has stats and he likes the elbow turn around... But Monroe is a hog and he moves well for a bigman... IMO he would guard Hayes tight up high forcing him in to D12 who would beat that out until he settled for a highly contested jumper... As for him passing...

“I’m an all-star. Don’t expect me to pass. It’s like asking Babe Ruth to bunt"

I'm just not that big on Hayes... :noidea: I do however like your breakdown and again another problem with listing 10 guys without explanation, it would have given me a different perspective while looking at the guys... Right now I'm looking at the group talent wise then letting how I see it run the game...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see Hayes being defended by Monroe.

Monroe matches up much better with Rik. And I don't want to seem like Wallace is without value offensively, just not as a scorer.
I honestly wouldn't play Smits much in this match-up. I'd go with my 5 starters, and when I subbed the post, I'd bring in O'Neal. I think Pippen and Robertson would play a lot, as would Harper and Pressey. Smits and Redd would hold clipboards

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this about Hayes... From all the research I've done of him he was a crappy teammate... He choked or fouled out of some of the biggest games he's been in... I'm not huge on him, I know he has stats and he likes the elbow turn around... But Monroe is a hog and he moves well for a bigman... IMO he would guard Hayes tight up high forcing him in to D12 who would beat that out until he settled for a highly contested jumper... As for him passing...

“I’m an all-star. Don’t expect me to pass. It’s like asking Babe Ruth to bunt"

I'm just not that big on Hayes... :noidea: I do however like your breakdown and again another problem with listing 10 guys without explanation, it would have given me a different perspective while looking at the guys... Right now I'm looking at the group talent wise then letting how I see it run the game...
That's where we disagree, Hayes was awesome. I would actually apply everything you said about being a bad team mate to Howard. Add to that, I have quality big men to sub in at the end of the game for Wallace. If Howard stayed in the game, I could just send him to the line and watch him clang bricks from the FT line

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say for Johnny's squad, I consider Zeke wildly underrated. 3rd best PG ever

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JOHNNY

PG - Isiah Thomas
PG - Kenny Anderson
SG - Hal Greer
SG - Richard Hamilton
SF - Glenn Robinson
SF - Luol Deng
PF - Larry Johnson
PF/C - Greg Monroe
C - Dwight Howard
C - Roy Hibbert

VS

UK

PG - John Wall
PG/SG - Ron Harper
SG - Alvin Robertson
SG - Michael Redd
SG/SF - Paul Pressey
SF - Scottie Pippen
PF/C - Elvin Hayes
PF/C - Jermaine O'Neal
C - Ben Wallace
C - Rik Smits

Here is my breakdown:

PG: edge to Johnny, but not by as much as people think. Zeke is the best player, Wall and Harper are both better than Anderson
SG: I call this a wash. Robertson makes life tough for Greer and Rip, and scores enough to cancel them out.
SF: big edge to UK here
PF: again, big edge to UK
C: I like Johnny's crew you a nose.

UK's advantages are larger than Johnny's, IMO. I know how I would choose to match these guys up if I were UK. If he matches up his wing players most efficiently, I don't think Johnny's team can win.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where we disagree, Hayes was awesome. I would actually apply everything you said about being a bad team mate to Howard. Add to that, I have quality big men to sub in at the end of the game for Wallace. If Howard stayed in the game, I could just send him to the line and watch him clang bricks from the FT line

As a Lakers fan I am disgusted by Howard... However I remember the dominant Howard in Orlando that wasn't such an asshole... There was a time where he loved the fact that Jameer Nelson and Rashard Lewis scored... He didn't demand the ball, he was happy with blocks rebounds and put backs... My point is Howard doesn't have to be dominant here, he will get will show up on the boards and defense, and lobs or put backs he'll pitch in 14-18 points... That's all he needs to do... Hayes is going to be very aggressive to score vs what I see a solid high low defensive scheme... Add that to him playing with Wall who will be aggressive I don't think he dominates here...