• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Dynasty Championship Game

Which team is better?

• Charlotte Bocats

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Cincinnati Royals

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which team is better?

Charlotte Bobcats

PG/SG - Dennis Johnson
PG - Stephon Marbury
PG/SG - Paul Westphal
SG - Michael Jordan
SG/SF - Kyle Korver
SF - Kevin Durant
SF/PF - Billy Cunningham
PF/C - Kevin Love
PF/C - Dave Cohens
PF/C - Anthony Davis
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Nate Thurmond

OR

Cincinnati Royals

PG - Gary Payton
PG - Derrick Rose
PG - Gilbert Arenas
PG/SG - Joe Dumars
SG - Clyde Drexler
SG/SF - Dale Ellis
SG/SF - Shane Battier
SF/PF - LeBron James
PF - Kevin McHale
PF - Tom Chambers
C - Robert Parish
C - Joakim Noah

(Voting will end Monday 6/23 @ 5pm)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont let me edit poll names? Sorry Bobcat GM.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what happens when I don't put everything together?

I'm sorry while you were snoozing I was setting everything up. Couldn't wait for ever for you. :whistle:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK-

Sorry, could not post in that other thread.

I think your team would have had great chemistry in real life and probably would have played better than the sum of its parts a la the Spurs, but two things hold it back IMO.

1) Not enough bench scoring
2) Lack of a true PG to make plays for others

I like that the squad was built around two unselfish superstars and some great defenders, but while it might have been a winning squad in real life, offense plays better in these fantasy style competitions.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for this one, Jordan and Durant are too much. I just don't see enough advantages for the other side to cancel out that elite scoring duo.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey lance how about this team?

PG - Oscar Robertson
PG/SG - Lafayette Lever
SG - Mitch Richmond
SG - Jeff Hornacek
SG/SF - Michael Redd
SF - Dominique Wilkins
SF - Adrian Dantley
PF - Elvin Hayes
PF - Larry Nance
C - Artis Gilmore
C - Bob Lanier
C - Brad Daugherty

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG - Oscar Robertson
PG/SG - Lafayette Lever
SG - Mitch Richmond
SG - Jeff Hornacek
SG/SF - Michael Redd
SF - Dominique Wilkins
SF - Adrian Dantley
PF - Elvin Hayes
PF - Larry Nance
C - Artis Gilmore
C - Bob Lanier
C - Brad Daugherty

I think it is pretty good. The first word that comes to mind is balanced. You have a lot of scoring from 1-3, both in the starting line-up and off the bench, along with some big and nasty guys on the interior. I am not sure that Wilkins was the best choice for you (guessing he was the 2nd player you took?). I think that he is somewhat overrated in the annals of the league. He was a very good scorer/dunker, but really no better than Tracy McGrady or Carmelo Anthony who I am sure went later.

If it were me, I would have gone with a dominant big man 2nd to pair with Big O and then get your scoring wings later. You were clearly able to load up on some good ones, Dantley for example is pretty close to Nique in ability, IMO, and although Hornacek isn't as good as Mitch Richmond overall, he might be a better complement for your starters playing alongside O.

All in all, I think it is pretty good and you probably got taxed in the voting process for not having any current players on your squad.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is pretty good. The first word that comes to mind is balanced. You have a lot of scoring from 1-3, both in the starting line-up and off the bench, along with some big and nasty guys on the interior. I am not sure that Wilkins was the best choice for you (guessing he was the 2nd player you took?). I think that he is somewhat overrated in the annals of the league. He was a very good scorer/dunker, but really no better than Tracy McGrady or Carmelo Anthony who I am sure went later.

If it were me, I would have gone with a dominant big man 2nd to pair with Big O and then get your scoring wings later. You were clearly able to load up on some good ones, Dantley for example is pretty close to Nique in ability, IMO, and although Hornacek isn't as good as Mitch Richmond overall, he might be a better complement for your starters playing alongside O.

All in all, I think it is pretty good and you probably got taxed in the voting process for not having any current players on your squad.

Dominique was my 3rd pick. Elvin Hayes was 2nd. Dominate big man? You ever heard of Artis Gilmore?

Yeah I suffered in the vote because some don't even know who my guys are. It was all in fun though and I really wasn't surprised I got taken out in round two. I really like my team and if the voting was done by guys 40+ years old I wouldn't have lost in the 2nd round.

Oh and Elvin Hayes should be talked about in the conversation of greatest PF's of all time IMO...

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG/SG - Dennis Johnson
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Nate Thurmond

vs

PG - Gary Payton
SG - Clyde Drexler
SF/PF - LeBron James
PF - Kevin McHale
C - Robert Parish

not too big of a shocker Jordan vs Lebron ends up in the finals...the PF, C and Jordan combination isn't even close James beats Durant and Payton over DJ but can't offset the other 3 spots..

benches-who cares, call it a push...its Jordan over Lebron in "The Game of the Century"

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominique was my 3rd pick. Elvin Hayes was 2nd. Dominate big man? You ever heard of Artis Gilmore?

Yeah I suffered in the vote because some don't even know who my guys are. It was all in fun though and I really wasn't surprised I got taken out in round two. I really like my team and if the voting was done by guys 40+ years old I wouldn't have lost in the 2nd round.

I was one of the few who dug the older guys, lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh and Elvin Hayes should be talked about in the conversation of greatest PF's of all time IMO...

OK. Fair enough. Hayes, Gilmore and Lanier are all very tough, but will not get you more points here than a guy like David Robinson or Patrick Ewing. Right or wrong, nobody can say for sure, but I think your team might look better with one of those big name centers, even if that does not really make it better.

I gave you credit for the big nasties in there and I agree that Hayes is pretty awesome. As underrated as he is though, do you think he might have been available in the 3rd?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Fair enough. Hayes, Gilmore and Lanier are all very tough, but will not get you more points here than a guy like David Robinson or Patrick Ewing. Right or wrong, nobody can say for sure, but I think your team might look better with one of those big name centers, even if that does not really make it better.

I gave you credit for the big nasties in there and I agree that Hayes is pretty awesome. As underrated as he is though, do you think he might have been available in the 3rd?

Ewing averaged 21 and 10 Gilmore averaged 21 and 12 and was bigger than Ewing. I do agree the name might have helped me but i'll take Gilmore over Ewing 9 times out of 10.

I don't think Hayes would have been available in the 3rd it was a 16 team draft and IMO he is the most underrated PF of all time, players who played prior to TV exposure just don't get the respect players everyone got to see play do.

But as you've said name recognition played a huge part in this and because I have so many players people didn't get to see play it hurt me in the voting. I am honestly ok with that I still think I had a very good team.

I would be willing to wager maybe 3 of the 15 other GM's in this even know who Lafayette "Fat" Lever is...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ewing averaged 21 and 10 Gilmore averaged 21 and 12 and was bigger than Ewing. I do agree the name might have helped me but i'll take Gilmore over Ewing 9 times out of 10.

I don't think Hayes would have been available in the 3rd it was a 16 team draft and IMO he is the most underrated PF of all time, players who played prior to TV exposure just don't get the respect players everyone got to see play do.

But as you've said name recognition played a huge part in this and because I have so many players people didn't get to see play it hurt me in the voting. I am honestly ok with that I still think I had a very good team.

I would be willing to wager maybe 3 of the 15 other GM's in this even know who Lafayette "Fat" Lever is...

Arguably the greatest rebounding guard of all time.... either him or the big O

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did. But you took him the pick before i did you ahole. Just messing with ya buy I did want him.:gaah:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG - Oscar Robertson
PG/SG - Lafayette Lever
SG - Mitch Richmond
SG - Jeff Hornacek
SG/SF - Michael Redd
SF - Dominique Wilkins
SF - Adrian Dantley
PF - Elvin Hayes
PF - Larry Nance
C - Artis Gilmore
C - Bob Lanier
C - Brad Daugherty

That is a pretty darn good team. Can't imagine how awesome the GM is of the team that beat those Minneapolis Lakers:whistle:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a pretty darn good team. Can't imagine how awesome the GM is of the team that beat those Minneapolis Lakers:whistle:

I here he is a real A-Hole if you disagree with his team. I guess you could say that about the Minneapolis Lakers GM as well. :whistle:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK-

Sorry, could not post in that other thread.

I think your team would have had great chemistry in real life and probably would have played better than the sum of its parts a la the Spurs, but two things hold it back IMO.

1) Not enough bench scoring
2) Lack of a true PG to make plays for others

I like that the squad was built around two unselfish superstars and some great defenders, but while it might have been a winning squad in real life, offense plays better in these fantasy style competitions.

Thanks... Nice analysis... I actually tried to emulate the Spurs once I got Duncan... Tough with the 15th pick but I think I've got a plan for next time should there be 1...:suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks... Nice analysis... I actually tried to emulate the Spurs once I got Duncan... Tough with the 15th pick but I think I've got a plan for next time should there be 1...:suds:
People really underrated the bigs, imo. Kareem, Duncan, Hakeem, Russell and Moses Malone were all out in Rd1 and I figured they'd all be major players.

We are just in a down period when it comes to the Center position in NBA history. It'll be back just not what it was. We've just had a bad string of Oden and Yao Ming struggling through injuries, Howard not developing enough and Bynum just collecting checks. We've seen mediocre stars like Tyson Chandler impact playoff races so the Center is still a big deal. Just not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.