• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA draft mistakes 2.0: The Milwaukee Bucks in 2009

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. Another foreign culture for you to adapt to. Line dance much?

Montana is beautiful country, but the winters are rough. I wish I could move to a better climate than NY, but family and job are here. Not going to move during Covid regardless.
No. But the food scene in Nashville? Can't wait.

Fiancee has been vaccinated....wants to be closer to her sisters and oldest daughter.....rent for 1.5-2 years and we buying a house.....some really nice ones for a good price there.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But the food scene in Nashville? Can't wait.

Fiancee has been vaccinated....wants to be closer to her sisters and oldest daughter.....rent for 1.5-2 years and we buying a house.....some really nice ones for a good price there.

Completely understandable given the family ties. Unfortunately for me, my non-local relatives are one uncle in Florida and two sets of cousins in Virginia that seem to contact us maybe once a year unless someone passes. My shot was in San Diego when my brother was going to school there and I moved there for about 6 months before my money ran out (job opportunity that was supposedly locked up disappeared when I got there). He's back here to Rochester too, lives around the corner from my parents lol.

I remember watching some of those housing shows on cable years ago, and the house pricing seemed close to what it is here in Western NY; very reasonable. So many other markets are considerably higher that are featured on TV.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely understandable given the family ties. Unfortunately for me, my non-local relatives are one uncle in Florida and two sets of cousins in Virginia that seem to contact us maybe once a year unless someone passes. My shot was in San Diego when my brother was going to school there and I moved there for about 6 months before my money ran out (job opportunity that was supposedly locked up disappeared when I got there). He's back here to Rochester too, lives around the corner from my parents lol.

I remember watching some of those housing shows on cable years ago, and the house pricing seemed close to what it is here in Western NY; very reasonable. So many other markets are considerably higher that are featured on TV.
Yeah, we plan on buying a completely up to date and modern house so no fixups needed.....we'll retire in it and we are renting for a while to really find a good place ideal for us. She wants to take our time.

Getting married in late April before we move there.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we plan on buying a completely up to date and modern house so no fixups needed.....we'll retire in it and we are renting for a while to really find a good place ideal for us. She wants to take our time.

Getting married in late April before we move there.

Congrats again!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this going to have 100 volumes bc I could name a handful for almost every time but I will need about 5 or 6 hands for the Warriors

• Haha

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this going to have 100 volumes bc I could name a handful for almost every time but I will need about 5 or 6 hands for the Warriors

the warriors pre curry are a pretty amazing run.

matfhed only by the bobcats/hornets history

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for this exercise to be fair, it should be a top 5 pick where a total bust was picked ahead of a legit star who was evaluated similarly. Or when a team passed on a superstar that people thought could be a superstar.

Like Bagley over Doncic.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for this exercise to be fair, it should be a top 5 pick where a total bust was picked ahead of a legit star who was evaluated similarly. Or when a team passed on a superstar that people thought could be a superstar.

Like Bagley over Doncic.
I think Charlotte 2005 and Minnesota 2009 are very interesting cases that deserve scrutiny

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Charlotte 2005 and Minnesota 2009 are very interesting cases that deserve scrutiny
Didn't Washington trade the #5 pick Rubio for Mike Miller and Randy Foye because their owner nearing death's door wanted the team to be in a win now approach? Not the worst draft day trade involving top 5 picks in memory but the worst in terms of awful trades fitting that criteria requiring zero hindsight to see the awfulness.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Washington trade the #5 pick Rubio for Mike Miller and Randy Foye because their owner nearing death's door wanted the team to be in a win now approach? Not the worst draft day trade involving top 5 picks in memory but the worst in terms of awful trades fitting that criteria requiring zero hindsight to see the awfulness.

they took 2 PGs, neither was named Steph curry.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they took 2 PGs, neither was named Steph curry.
It was funny they picked Ty Lawson too and people thought Kahn was so out of his mind they were going to keep him, draft like a 3 or 4 PG's - before he got traded to the Nuggets.

Given the recurring ankle issue Curry had at the time he signed his first contract extension which turned out to be such a bargain, he easily could have been playing for a team other than the one that drafted him by 2013. There's more than one "what if" there, is how I see it.

Thabeet is the real boob of that draft class, another case of owner meddling gone too far. That one looks even worse in hindsight, as Memphis already had a center, a future DPoY at that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was funny they picked Ty Lawson too and people thought Kahn was so out of his mind they were going to keep him, draft like a 3 or 4 PG's - before he got traded to the Nuggets.

Given the recurring ankle issue Curry had at the time he signed his first contract extension which turned out to be such a bargain, he easily could have been playing for a team other than the one that drafted him by 2013. There's more than one "what if" there, is how I see it.

Thabeet is the real boob of that draft class, another case of owner meddling gone too far. That one looks even worse in hindsight, as Memphis already had a center, a future DPoY at that.

Many bad picks at the top of that class.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

currys ankle issues are the number one reason Durant was even able to come to golden state.

people complain but don’t realize how many things had to go a very specific way for it to happen

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
currys ankle issues are the number one reason Durant was even able to come to golden state.

people complain but don’t realize how many things had to go a very specific way for it to happen

That is a big point that I think is missed with Curry. Golden State has a top notch medical staff, and I believe they put together a plan to help him overcome the ankle issues. I do not believe the Wolves would have. So it is likely had the Wolves taken Curry He would be out of the league by now and his potential is never realized.

Wolves passing on Curry was a huge win for him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a big point that I think is missed with Curry. Golden State has a top notch medical staff, and I believe they put together a plan to help him overcome the ankle issues. I do not believe the Wolves would have. So it is likely had the Wolves taken Curry He would be out of the league by now and his potential is never realized.

Wolves passing on Curry was a huge win for him.
Seriously?

The Wolves were my next team.