• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Draft Lottery tonight

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is just my top 10 right now...but it would go

1. Doncic
2. Ayton
3. JJJ
4. Porter
5. Bamba
6. Bagley
7. Sexton
8. Young
9. Mikal Bridges
10. Miles Bridges

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they took Sexton he would automatically become more valuable than any player on your Heat I know that for a fact. lol.

Who knows how this summer will play out, but as of today I think you are seeing the end of James II.

We all know what the Cavs are without LeBron.

So like I asked, does it really matter?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows how this summer will play out, but as of today I think you are seeing the end of James II.

We all know what the Cavs are without LeBron.

So like I asked, does it really matter?
If that comes to pass ill make sure i find some of your old tired cliches about how its great watching a bunch of mediocre guys become a true team instead of watching my team compete deep into the playoffs year after year after year.....

It does crack me up that if the worst case scenario happens the Cavs are already much better equipped going forward than your Heat.

but- fear not--- all it takes is one deal- or the Cavs to beat the Celtics- which they still are very much alive.

I know you are just waiting to stomp on the CAvs grave because of how bitter you are and how right I have been about the Heat--- but the only thing that will change for you if the worst happens to the Cavs is that the Cavs will still be better off than the Heat. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something about Bagley reminds me a little bit of Harrison Barnes--- very highly rated out of high school- great prospect- great athlete, but something seems to be missing.

There is absolutely no way Bagley makes it to 8 and the Cavs- id be SHOCKED if he made it out of the top 5- but I think hes one of the guys we look at 3-4 years down the road and see a solid player but not what you want in a high lotto pick.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton and Young is a great debate...the top 2 PG's in teh draft- but very very talented

Young is of course a ridiculous shooter.

Sexton is the better athlete, the better 2 way player.

Sexton is the safer pick since you can rely on his athleticism a little more- Young has the higher ceiling as with that shooting he could be a poor/homeless mans Curry one day.

Its a fascinating debate.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that comes to pass ill make sure i find some of your old tired cliches about how its great watching a bunch of mediocre guys become a true team instead of watching my team compete deep into the playoffs year after year after year.....

It does crack me up that if the worst case scenario happens the Cavs are already much better equipped going forward than your Heat.

but- fear not--- all it takes is one deal- or the Cavs to beat the Celtics- which they still are very much alive.

I know you are just waiting to stomp on the CAvs grave because of how bitter you are and how right I have been about the Heat--- but the only thing that will change for you if the worst happens to the Cavs is that the Cavs will still be better off than the Heat. lol.

Alive for what?

Even if they somehow come back and win this series, which is possible but doubtful, the Warriors would beat them so badly that it would become unwatchable for most.

As far as your for the future predictions, I’ll roll with the franchise that almost always is competitive vs the decades long dumpster fire resume the Cavs own.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they get swap rights with Sacramento next year, so they'll be right back in the top 5 while probably playing in the Finals. Good move Colangelo...

I'm pretty sure the Celtics flat out get the Kings' pick, no pick swap.

Let us not forget that PHI gets the pick if it falls #1, at which point BOS gets PHI's natural pick. Not sure if that's technically a swap, but you get the idea. Anything outside of #1, BOS gets it.

Go Kings!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of tired cliches lol

to be fair- the HEat did not have any assets to trade

they had to include 2 first round picks to Toronto and 2 first round picks to Cleveland- which basically meant they did not have a first round pick to trade for years to come.

The Cavs came into the situation with a bevy of assets they had collected over their rebuilding stretch- which has given them the flexibility to make these deals.

Also- last time with Mo and Jamison- those guys were counted on to be the 2nd and 3rd best guys on the team- roles they simply were not equipped to play.

This time- the heavy lifting is done- the big guys are in place- AND the Cavs still had the assets leftover to make moves for the role players that they lacked last time

This is an underated part of a rebuild- you cannot just go and get the studs and leave yourself with no means to fill out your team.

OKC has done a great job of this- caching draft picks while they compete to keep adding to the team.

Its something the Heat could not do and eventually ended up costing them last year. Its something the Knicks didnt do- they spent all their assets acquiring Melo and had very little left to put players around Melo. Its kinda what happened in LA- once they acquired NAsh and Howard- the Lakers really didnt have much in the way of assets to add role players around those guys- Nash gets hurt- and the rest is history.

Its all well and good to get the studs on your team- but if you leave yourself broke in assets to add around them- like the Cavs did the first time with LEBron- you have to be near perfect when using your midlevels and veteran exceptions to add around the team- because there is no margin of error.

The Cavs were lucky they had some assets to spend to fix their problem areas- things they did not have last time- and a situation many teams found themsleves in over the last couple years

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

Doncic is 19 and playing against grown men. Much tougher competition than college basketball.

As for the assist numbers, they don't pad assists stats in Europe like they do here. Kid can pass. That is 100% certain.

The question is whether or not he will be able to defend effectively and whether he will be merely good, or great offensively. I think his floor is probably as a Goran Dragic type player, while his ceiling is somewhere on the Nash/Harden spectrum.

I was very impressed from what I saw.
I like the Harden comparison.

Sounds about right for his ceiling.

He won't be Milos level bad on defense.

But, his average athleticism and lack of foot speed will keep him from being more than just serviceable on that end of the court.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns have a tough choice politically. The Coach and Dincic have history, but Ayton and Arizona do too. But we all know in the end the coach will have to take Ayton and wich the best for Doncic
Don't forget Bagley went to High School here too...lol

He's not even a consideration at #1.

I think this situation could play out like the Oakafor/Towns draft.

We all have a favorite. But, after both guys workout for the Suns, it will be Crystal clear which player should go #1.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is just my top 10 right now...but it would go

1. Doncic
2. Ayton
3. JJJ
4. Porter
5. Bamba
6. Bagley
7. Sexton
8. Young
9. Mikal Bridges
10. Miles Bridges
Carter over Miles for me.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton and Young is a great debate...the top 2 PG's in teh draft- but very very talented

Young is of course a ridiculous shooter.

Sexton is the better athlete, the better 2 way player.

Sexton is the safer pick since you can rely on his athleticism a little more- Young has the higher ceiling as with that shooting he could be a poor/homeless mans Curry one day.

Its a fascinating debate.
Sexton is this draft's Fox.

I'd take him in a minute.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sexton is this draft's Fox.

I'd take him in a minute.
thats another really good comparison.....Ill be very happy if its either Young, Sexton or Porter.

Ill be upset if its Carter Jr.- or if they take Mikal Bridges over those other guys.

if they trade it- which is definitely a possibility- itll be itneresting to see what they can/do get.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bates-Diop reminds me a little bit of Oladipo.... @Mecca i think thats a great comp for him
The kid is pretty good.

If someone gets him as a late first rounder, that's a steal....imo

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats another really good comparison.....Ill be very happy if its either Young, Sexton or Porter.

Ill be upset if its Carter Jr.- or if they take Mikal Bridges over those other guys.

if they trade it- which is definitely a possibility- itll be itneresting to see what they can/do get.
Yeah, you don't need Carter.

I'm not in love with Miles.

He doesn't scream undersized dynamo like Draymond to me.

He's not a good ball handler.

Hard pass.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say-i really like Miles Bridges--- @Mecca if he falls to you he would be a great get by the Clips.

He honestly reminds me so much of Draymond.
Yuck.....I'd rather have Robert Williams and I don't love Williams at all.

Seriously, could you imagine Bridges and Harrell on the court together?

There would be no China left in the shop after those two bulls get done romping....lol

I really want to keep Tobias.

He's a combo forward, like Miles.

Tobias is the better shooter.

We need soooooo much.

I wouldn't be adverse to drafting at both backcourt positions.

I trust Jerry West.

So, as long as we don't draft Diallo that high, I'm on board.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao...no way will they mess this one up.

Like you said, The choice is so easy...

Whomever is left between Doncic and Ayton.

On a side note, did anyone else see that Dennis Schroeder is trying to get himself traded to the Bucks or Pacers?

I would tell him to go fuck himself.

Atlanta Hawks point guard Dennis Schroder has cleared his Instagram account of all Hawks-related posts and also unfollowed the Hawks’ Instagram page. Schroder’s revamped social media of Hawks photos comes at a time when his future with the team is very much in question.

Dennis Schroder will meet with the Atlanta Hawks in a week to discuss his future with the organization. Speaking to reporters at the German Basketball Federation press conference in Germany, Schroder said, “I want to compete. I cannot be second-to-last in the Eastern Conference.”

Schroder specifically told the German media he could imagine himself being traded to the Indiana Pacers or the Milwaukee Bucks. “Of course, I have my thoughts and my friends with other teams,” Schroder said. “For example, Indiana wouldn’t be too bad. Milwaukee wouldn’t be too bad. Those are two teams where you can say the organization is going in the right direction.”

@HurricaneDij39 ...thoughts?

Just more proof that we got more options than most realize. Nothing more...Nothing less.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that being said- if the Cavs dont win- which i mean- they wont--- i hope either the Suns or Grizz win.

The Suns would be so much fun with either Ayton or Doncic. Either would be a great combo with Booker.

Doncic and Booker together in the backcourt would awful defensively IMO. I don't think Doncic can stick with a PG, and Booker can't guard his shadow.