• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Arenas

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I road-trip as much as possible to see as many baseball stadiums as possible (major league, minor league, NCAA, whatever). But during the off-season I like to try seeing stadiums/arenas from other sports too. I haven't gotten to see too many NBA arenas (2 so far). So I need to ask y'all: Which are the best ones to see?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, you're probably 1 year too late because they just shut down Oracle (Golden State). That always seemed like a great place to watch a game. I don't think NBA arenas have the same type of impact that a baseball or football stadium do though, mostly because basically all of them are new(ish) arenas all constructed over the last 20 years. They're sorta all the same and the experience has more to do with how great the crowds are. Baseball/football stadiums can be appreciated just by themselves. If you forced me to pick, I'd probably say MSG (naturally, though the Knicks suck so I doubt the game will be good), Staples (Lakers game, the way they do the lighting really adds to the game), and probably where the Pacers play (don't know what its called now). It's always looked like a really cool place to watch a game

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, you're probably 1 year too late because they just shut down Oracle (Golden State). That always seemed like a great place to watch a game. I don't think NBA arenas have the same type of impact that a baseball or football stadium do though, mostly because basically all of them are new(ish) arenas all constructed over the last 20 years. They're sorta all the same and the experience has more to do with how great the crowds are. Baseball/football stadiums can be appreciated just by themselves. If you forced me to pick, I'd probably say MSG (naturally, though the Knicks suck so I doubt the game will be good), Staples (Lakers game, the way they do the lighting really adds to the game), and probably where the Pacers play (don't know what its called now). It's always looked like a really cool place to watch a game

Yeah, was gonna post something similar. They're all almost cookie cutter arenas anymore.

Would have been really cool to do a tour of some of the old arenas like the old Boston Garden, the Fabulous Forum, the Madhouse on McDowell, MSG (although you can still go there lol), etc.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically I've only been to 2 NBA Arenas and you mentioned both of them amongst the 3 you suggested (MSG & Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indy). Would love to go to Staples Center someday.