• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA 5 Year Draft Playoff Game 3

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK

Starters
PG Deron Williams
SG Pete Maravich
SF Chris Mullen
PF Kevin Garnett
C Joe Barry Carroll

Bench
PG Gus Williams
SG Dick Van Arsdale
SF Dennis Scott
PF Bob Boozer
C Kenyon Martin

VS

WLK

Starters
PG - Jerry West
SG - Jerry Sloan
SF - David Thompson
PF - Detlef Schrempf
C - Dave Cowens

Bench
PG - Jamal Crawford
SG - Andrew Toney
SF - Kendall Gill
PF - Theo Ratliff
C - Andrew Bogut

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am giving 80% of my score to the starters 20% to bench.

I'm not a huge fan of Daron Williams but UK has the better starting lineuop IMO. Both benches are actually pretty solid.

UK's starters win it for him...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two close teams, KG and 3 point shooting wins it

UK wins

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I start 4 HOFmers and you like his starters better...:L

I like me in a more balanced attack on both starters and bench... Detlef is a career 38% 3pt shooter,he pulls Garnett... And there is no defense to stop my guys...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like me in a more balanced attack on both starters and bench... Detlef is a career 38% 3pt shooter,he pulls Garnett... And there is no defense to stop my guys...
If Detlef vs KG is the matchup you point to, I'm feeling good lol. JBC can guard the paint while KG locks down Detlef. Is Detlef gonna guard KG? Who guards Pete and Mullen? Close matchup, but KG is a difference maker IMO

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4 Hall of Famers? You counting Sloan as a coach?

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 2 teams in my rankings. UK barely

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like WLKs bench at all... Could be wrong though... since I like UKs bench MUCH more than WLKs UK gets the win... Although I do like WLKs starters more...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand why this one is as close as some think. Sloan wasnt that great of a player, Thompson is not a hall of famer IMO and WLK is playing him at the 3 when he was a 2... West is the only thing keeping this from being a rout...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont understand why this one is as close as some think. Sloan wasnt that great of a player, Thompson is not a hall of famer IMO and WLK is playing him at the 3 when he was a 2... West is the only thing keeping this from being a rout...

Jerry Sloan...
Points 10,571 (14.0 ppg)
Rebounds 5,615 (7.4 rpg)
Assists 1,925 (2.5 apg)

That's a ton of rebounds for a guard...

Just because you don't think he's a HOF player doesn't mean he didn't get voted in, which he did..
  • Scored a career-high 73 points against Detroit (April 9, 1978)
  • One of only 20 NBA players to have scored 60 or more points in a game.
  • Scored a then-NBA record 32 points in the second quarter against Detroit Pistons, a record that was broken by George Gervin (33 against New Orleans Jazz on the same day ) when Gervin won the 1978 scoring title with a 63-point output
Yeah Chris Mullins is going to hold him... Lol

As for Detlef, he can't hold KG but he will light KG up if he crashes to help a guy who's known for not playing hard in Carroll who by the way faces a guy who's known to never give up Cowens... My bad Sloan was HOF coach, but he and West are lock down defenders, Ratliff averaged 3blks a game at least twice I think... My team is put together to compliment strength and weakness... But we can ignore that as usual...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Sloan...
Points 10,571 (14.0 ppg)
Rebounds 5,615 (7.4 rpg)
Assists 1,925 (2.5 apg)

Just because you don't think he's a HOF player doesn't mean he didn't get voted in, which he did..
  • Scored a then-NBA record 32 points in the second quarter against Detroit Pistons, a record that was broken by George Gervin (33 against New Orleans Jazz on the same day ) when Gervin won the 1978 scoring title with a 63-point output

As for Detlef, he can't hold KG but he will light KG up if he crashes to help a guy who's known for not playing hard in Carroll who by the way faces a guy who's known to never give up Cowens... My bad Sloan was HOF coach, but he and West are lock down defenders, Ratliff averaged 3blks a game at least twice I think... My team is put together to compliment strength and weakness... But we can ignore that as usual...

Okay... :suds:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Position: Shooting Guard and Small Forward ▪ Shoots: Right

Thompson averaged 26ppg at SF as a rookie...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how you forgot to mention being wrong about...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Position: Shooting Guard and Small Forward ▪ Shoots: Right

Thompson averaged 26ppg at SF as a rookie...

He played the 2 his entire career but a couple of games... I also didn't say he was a terrible player, he was a scorer for a handful of years, IMO that alone shouldn't get you a ticket to the hall...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Sloan...
Points 10,571 (14.0 ppg)
Rebounds 5,615 (7.4 rpg)
Assists 1,925 (2.5 apg)

IMO, you have the advantage at PG and C, but get killed everywhere else. You keep talking about KG dropping down.....on who? JBC was 3" taller than Cowen's, he's fine. Detlef was a nice player, but not on the same planet as KG. You're shorter everywhere.... I could have Mullen, who was 6'7", play Detlef, and let KG check Thompson lol. Now, what are you gonna do on D? Pistol Pete will light Sloan up like a pinball machine. KG will score at will on DS. Mullen will shootover Thompson or post him . Mullen and Pistol are great passers. I can bring in Dennis Scott, who at 6'8" is a nightmare for Thompson.....shoot over or post him. I think it'sclose talent wise, but you have size and matchup issues

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have UK winning this matchup.

Deron < West - Deron gets smoked by West.
Pistol > Sloan - Jerry was a good player but he doesnt touch Pistol Pete.
Mullin >/= Thompson - This is very close but im giving a slight edge to Mullin's cuz of his 3 point shooting.
KG > Detlef - Detlef is a great 3 point shooter but I think KG would dominated him on O.
Carroll < Cowens - Cowens was a beast on the boards and on D.

I feel like the bench is pretty even on both sides.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, you have the advantage at PG and C, but get killed everywhere else. You keep talking about KG dropping down.....on who? JBC was 3" taller than Cowen's, he's fine. Detlef was a nice player, but not on the same planet as KG. You're shorter everywhere.... I could have Mullen, who was 6'7", play Detlef, and let KG check Thompson lol. Now, what are you gonna do on D? Pistol Pete will light Sloan up like a pinball machine. KG will score at will on DS. Mullen will shootover Thompson or post him . Mullen and Pistol are great passers. I can bring in Dennis Scott, who at 6'8" is a nightmare for Thompson.....shoot over or post him. I think it'sclose talent wise, but you have size and matchup issues

Did you say you'd cover Thompson with KG...? You guys are hilarious with your explainations... So now I lose because of lack of defense lol... First I know KG lights up DS, but he's out there for spacing... KG doesn't help Caroll and your middle is exposed an PnR PnP with both West or Thompson and Cowens... Your only defensive player is KG who is covering a stretch 4... But of course you'll respond with I'll change players to guard and so on... If we are going with how teams are set up and eliminating game planning and stats like we have, then match ups are matchups... Which means Mullens will get TORCHED by Thompson, Deron Williams gets TORCHED by West, and Carroll vs Cowens is a joke and KG is stretched out... Sloan scores on put backs with his career 7.5 rebounds a game at SG...

My bench is anchored by the best shot blocker in this competition and Bogut, who kills Martin in the post... Jamal Crawford and The Boston Strangler and a defender in Gill to cover Scott who is only a spot up shooter... I'll just stop now, waste of an arguement...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you say you'd cover Thompson with KG...? You guys are hilarious with your explainations... So now I lose because of lack of defense lol... First I know KG lights up DS, but he's out there for spacing... KG doesn't help Caroll and your middle is exposed an PnR PnP with both West or Thompson and Cowens... Your only defensive player is KG who is covering a stretch 4... But of course you'll respond with I'll change players to guard and so on... If we are going with how teams are set up and eliminating game planning and stats like we have, then match ups are matchups... Which means Mullens will get TORCHED by Thompson, Deron Williams gets TORCHED by West, and Carroll vs Cowens is a joke and KG is stretched out... Sloan scores on put backs with his career 7.5 rebounds a game at SG...

My bench is anchored by the best shot blocker in this competition and Bogut, who kills Martin in the post... Jamal Crawford and The Boston Strangler and a defender in Gill to cover Scott who is only a spot up shooter... I'll just stop now, waste of an arguement...
What are you talking about? Bogut has the same blocks per game as JBC for his career, do some research lol. And yeah, Mullen could check Detlef, and KG could certainly check Thompson if you played him at the 3....but it's like I've said, all your big problems are on D. You are 2''-3'' shorter per man, and you don't have anyone who can guard KG or Pistol

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So UK advances is this matchup correct?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratliff averaged 3+ blks per game 7out of 8 straight years only missing 01-02...

And Sloan guards Pistol 4 first team and 2 second team all defense and West has like 9 all defense... Your guys are all shit defensively except KG... And NO way KG can play Thompson on D, please try to be honest, you've already won...