• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nats @ Phillies Game Thread

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a very bad bad baseball team, and you have to realize you take Nola away and its a 65 win team

the lineup up and down is ATROCIOUS, Rhys is the only guy i hope to see in 2019, along with Williams and Herrera. Thats it, everyone else needs to go bye bye

The rotation is ok, but after Nola, Arrieta is an ok #3, then its a bunch of 5's, and its been like that for years now

Bullpen is one of the worst in all of MLB

on paper you would think they are a player or 2 away, but in reality this team is atleast 3 more years away from being legitimately there

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that? Hoskins fails to hit with two on, down 5-2 in the 5th. He's just not there yet - just like maybe Utley or Howard was back in '06. He hasn't quite figured it out. Like Alfaro, Kingery, Franco, Williams - all good players without their skills fully developed. They'll come back in '19 more mature and with a better outlook. Drink up!

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright slamtana, how are you guys going to hurt me later?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a very bad bad baseball team, and you have to realize you take Nola away and its a 65 win team

the lineup up and down is ATROCIOUS, Rhys is the only guy i hope to see in 2019, along with Williams and Herrera. Thats it, everyone else needs to go bye bye

The rotation is ok, but after Nola, Arrieta is an ok #3, then its a bunch of 5's, and its been like that for years now

Bullpen is one of the worst in all of MLB

on paper you would think they are a player or 2 away, but in reality this team is atleast 3 more years away from being legitimately there

They were 53-42 and in first or near the top at the half. You could see problems here and there but overall a good team, just not pushing runners around the bases for one, dumb errors, flakey pitching. They can still finish 20+ games better than last year. Far from a real bad team.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that? Hoskins fails to hit with two on, down 5-2 in the 5th. He's just not there yet - just like maybe Utley or Howard was back in '06. He hasn't quite figured it out. Like Alfaro, Kingery, Franco, Williams - all good players without their skills fully developed. They'll come back in '19 more mature and with a better outlook. Drink up!
his k's looking are frustrating. he came onto this team as a guy that was said to have a good eye, i don't want to that's not the case. my problem is this teams identity seems to be draw walks and see pitches first, try and get a hit second. i don't want this guy drawing walks. if people are pitching around him, have at it.

to a complaint above that the bp is the worst in the league or something to the extent. they've been shite recently, but for like a month prior they were the best. bullpen to me is one of the biggest swings from year to year, pitcher to pitcher. exhibit a is Hector Neris, dude still has the talent. was seranthony overused being asked to go 1+ to often? i don't know. i have no idea what causes someone to be a guy that's sub 2 era one year with a great k/9 and that suck the next. i have a hard time believing it's tied to people knowing their roles or uncertainty when they pitch, but who knows.

time for another drink

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, to correct some of the defensive woes, let's put some of these young guns back in the positions they were originally intended to play.

for as shitty as kingerey was for the majority of this year, hernandez has cooled down tremendously as the season went on. it's sad that's the guy that started this game hitting 3rd.

roman quinn has been hot as hell since he's been here. i have nothing to add to that, just appreciate the guy has played great.

meh, i'm a fan of pitching. the fact that a majority of the starting rotation has shown great stuff at times and can simultaneously blows up just sucks. fuck it. time for another.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his k's looking are frustrating. he came onto this team as a guy that was said to have a good eye, i don't want to that's not the case. my problem is this teams identity seems to be draw walks and see pitches first, try and get a hit second. i don't want this guy drawing walks. if people are pitching around him, have at it.

to a complaint above that the bp is the worst in the league or something to the extent. they've been shite recently, but for like a month prior they were the best. bullpen to me is one of the biggest swings from year to year, pitcher to pitcher. exhibit a is Hector Neris, dude still has the talent. was seranthony overused being asked to go 1+ to often? i don't know. i have no idea what causes someone to be a guy that's sub 2 era one year with a great k/9 and that suck the next. i have a hard time believing it's tied to people knowing their roles or uncertainty when they pitch, but who knows.

time for another drink

Important point - the team looks for walks before hits - that's how Kapler has the lineup set. Hoskins thinks his job is to get on - nothing wrong with that, but his real purpose in the lineup as a power hitter should be to drive in runs - by batting cleanup, for example. Kapler really is an idiot.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Important point - the team looks for walks before hits - that's how Kapler has the lineup set. Hoskins thinks his job is to get on - nothing wrong with that, but his real purpose in the lineup as a power hitter should be to drive in runs - by batting cleanup, for example. Kapler really is an idiot.
yeah, i've had a few drinks at this point, and with autocorrect some words are missing and some haven't made it into my posts for it to make as much sense as i'd hope.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey Bats knows he's not here to draw walks... even though his previous at bats resulted in walks...

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooray! We held the lead! Hunter did not blow it! Enjoy while it lasts. Quinn is sparking at leadoff! Braves lost, A good
day for Phillies fans!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we’ll officially be 3-1/2 out with the Braves loss. A boost for fans as the team pushes on to 90, I mean eighty-ah.. wins in September. Seven games with Braves will be worth seeing. Will visit the park this weekend for a Cubs game.