• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nastase accused of tormenting teenage player over virginity

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Nasty Nastase asked me if I was a virgin when I was just 16': US tennis champion Pam Shriver says Romanian captain asked about her sex life '30 times' when she was a teenager

US tennis champion Pam Shriver claims Romanian women's coach Illie Nastase repeatedly asked her if she was a virgin while she was still a teenager.

Shriver, who won 21 Grand Slam doubles titles, said she was just 16 years old when Nastase, then aged 32, first asked her about her sex life in the 1970s.

Over the next four years she claims he asked her the same question every time they met, around 30 times in total, before she told him to stop.

Speaking to BBC 5live, Shriver said: 'In my first two years on the tour, I recall right when I was around my final US Open at 16, when I saw Ilie Nastase for the next four to five years, anytime I saw him at any tournament he would ask me the same question which was: “Are you still a virgin?”

'I’m a teenager, I’m playing the tour and it was a shocking thing. I’d never had anybody ask me that before.

'He was a known jokester and he did it in a joking way but I can remember as I got older – I was about 20 and it must have been the 30th time he asked me that same question – I just said: “Would you please stop, would you stop asking me that."'

Shriver said Nastase, who has been married four times, honoured her request, but added: 'This man has not been respectful of women for a long, long time.'

Pam Shriver: 'Nasty Nastase asked me if I was a virgin' | Daily Mail Online

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ick.

:hellno:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well! If she'd have told him "yes" or "no" the first time he asked, he wouldn't have had to ask so many times, now would he! :heh:

seriously though, if that's true, this guy is a creepy bastid. Does Pam Shriver have any brothers? Because if I had a sister and some weirdo twice her age was continuously asking her for an update on whether or not she lost her virginity, said weirdo would be missing some teeth.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well! If she'd have told him "yes" or "no" the first time he asked, he wouldn't have had to ask so many times, now would he! :heh:

seriously though, if that's true, this guy is a creepy bastid. Does Pam Shriver have any brothers? Because if I had a sister and some weirdo twice her age was continuously asking her for an update on whether or not she lost her virginity, said weirdo would be missing some teeth.

probably mild stuff for nastase.

i guess in nastase's defense, when she finally did ask him to stop, he did.

embarrassing pam shriver is kind of funny though.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena acting all humble and angelic in sentences like "I will rise like air, even if you shoot me down". LOL!!! It's like the pot calling the kettle. She is trying to call Nastase for being a bad boy when she is the Big Nasty herself!! All the wings in the world won't be able to lift her up!!

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems i remember richard williams calling Irina Spirlea “a big, ugly, tall, white turkey” once. i don't recall a lot of outrage then.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems i remember richard williams calling Irina Spirlea “a big, ugly, tall, white turkey” once. i don't recall a lot of outrage then.
Unfortunately it's a one way traffic! Now if that is not truly myopic I don't know what is, eh Liberal Bacon?