• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

N’Keal Harry traded to the Bears.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears fleeced themselves.

I disagree. A 7th round pick for a first rounder who was highly regarded coming out of college and got drafted by a team known for being difficult on receivers? It's possible the Bears actually wanted Harry and didn't want to risk him getting cut and another team offering him more.

Harry is definitely 7th round material.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears to me are just a franchise lost adrift at sea. They should have made a real effort to put some sort of talent around Fields heading into year 2. Trading a 7th for whatever the hell this bust's name is just seems insulting if anything if I'm Fields.

What a dog shit team that just added another dog shit player. It's going to be such an ugly season in Chicago. They don't seem to know what they are doing or have any plan other than to maybe just tank this season hard.

Damn. This is like the 1,357,425th most important transaction in the NFL this offseason and my man here about to kill one the oldest franchises. Never a dull moment I guess.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. This is like the 1,357,425th most important transaction in the NFL this offseason and my man here about to kill one the oldest franchises. Never a dull moment I guess.

It's to a broader point. What else have the Bears done this offseason to help their young QB who was drafted to be their franchise? Have they done anything to help out him in a position to succeed?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's to a broader point. What else have the Bears done this offseason to help their young QB who was drafted to be their franchise? Have they done anything to help out him in a position to succeed?

They gutted homey. Gonna be a rough season for sure. Most likely a rough season in 2023 as well because there will assuredly be significant player turnover next offseason. They'll have a butt ton of money/cap. Then hopefully we'll be on the path from there. Things change quick in the NFL. One rookie breakout can change everything. Sh*t...We rode roughly a decade of competitiveness because of Urlacher being our anchor. Take the whoopins this year then see where it goes for next season.

It's ok man...There's 32 teams...Some of them are gonna have to suck and we're gonna be one of them for the foreseeable future.

BUT...We can always cling to our small victories. When I see random people on the street with my Bears sh*t they be like "DAAAAA BEARS!!!" And I'm like "DAAAA BEARS"...then we laugh and I say "So, Bears fan?" And they're like "Nah, I don't even watch football...but DAAAAA BEARS!!!"

When you see random people on the street with your Eagles gear on they're like "Hey, isn't that the team that was in the sh*tty movie where Marky Mark played a kicker."

That's how I roll.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heard this on nfl live a couple of months ago. DaBears have the fewest 1st round picks starting on the o-line.

Last season Fields was 11-13 for 120 & 2 TD's on designed rollouts. That play was only called 13 times last season? Nagy was a genius.

And he was sacked on 12% of his drop backs, most in the league.

Fields is going to get his ass kicked. He has no weapons around him.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it depends on a couple of assumptions.
1. You're assuming the Pats were going to cut Harry. Actually, not a bad assumption, considering Belichick sent him packing for a 7th rounder. Kinda stands to reason that this would have happened. But we don't really know, do we.
2. And if the Pats were going to cut Harry, assumption #2 is the Bears would have been the team to still land him. Who's to say other teams wouldn't have been in on inking him.
And finally, to give away a 7th round draft pick that doesn't take place for a couple of years for a former 1st rounder who's only 24, possible bust or not, then I think you and I have different opinions on how we define being fleeced.
Yeah...the key word was probably.

It was a statement based on absolute zero.

Absolutely zero chance of being based on anything plausible.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. A 7th round pick for a first rounder who was highly regarded coming out of college and got drafted by a team known for being difficult on receivers? It's possible the Bears actually wanted Harry and didn't want to risk him getting cut and another team offering him more.

Harry is definitely 7th round material.
R And R Wow GIF

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anger? I'm not angry about anything the Bears do. I'm not a Bears fan. I'm a neutral observer watching a bad team from last year that looks like it will be worse this year. They just seem very lost since they fired Lovie. Nagy looked like he might be able to turn things around but that flamed out in a hurry.
In order to rebuild the right way, the bears need to throw out a year or two. The last GM put the current one in a very bad spot. I like their moves for this coming year. Poles is taking a bunch of cheap players he thinks might succeed. Next year he will have a blank slate of a team with a bead on some cheap young players he signed that played well, a full draft worth of picks, a new FA class, and a year of watching fields develop in the system. It’s better than signing Julius Peopers or Khalil Mack for ungodly amounts of money and trying to patch holes.

This year was always going to be ugly for chicago. Might as well let it happen and not sugarcoat anything.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to rebuild the right way, the bears need to throw out a year or two. The last GM put the current one in a very bad spot. I like their moves for this coming year. Poles is taking a bunch of cheap players he thinks might succeed. Next year he will have a blank slate of a team with a bead on some cheap young players he signed that played well, a full draft worth of picks, a new FA class, and a year of watching fields develop in the system. It’s better than signing Julius Peopers or Khalil Mack for ungodly amounts of money and trying to patch holes.

This year was always going to be ugly for chicago. Might as well let it happen and not sugarcoat anything.

There is in in between strategy there. They are setting their young QB to be ruined like they traditionally do with all QBs.

For Roseman's faults he has shown how to do a quick rebuild. Eagles went from 4-11-1 in 2020 to 9-8 last year and now seen as one of the more complete rosters in the league when it looked like they would be awful for a long time after that 2020 season. A big part of that has been to invest in building up the offense around their young QB to give him the best chance to succeed.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...the key word was probably.

It was a statement based on absolute zero.

Absolutely zero chance of being based on anything plausible.
Well, no doubt we agree here. Guess we still disagree however on the definition of fleeced. Yours is demonstrably more generous in its scope than mine.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was but I'm not going to mention @NWPATSFAN
Unlike some, you likely kept it in context? It was after only 10 games I believe Harry had. DK had almost two full seasons. The comment was based on team talent. After comparing others I said somethin to the effect that DK and Harry was a wash. Based on the rest of the talent on both squads.

My comments were based on their 1st 10 games and college careers. But as typical people ran with that and wanted to spin it as many ways as possible.

Harry had better numbers coming out of college.

Yep it was a huge swing and a miss for BB and co. People should be estatic that BB missed. Otherwise who knows if TB is still here and winning more SBs with a DK, Deebo...

Oh and I've long recanted my statement saying how I missed judged as well.

But some people's kids can't get over some things.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears built a team and then added a QB. It looks like they've decided the QB won't pan out and they've moved on from their expensive players at DE and WR. If Fields pans out it's a plus. If not they're ready to start again in 2023. If Harry was a FA he'd probably want $1.5M including $400K as a signing bonus, and he might not want to sign with the Bears. It's a solid trade for both sides.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is in in between strategy there. They are setting their young QB to be ruined like they traditionally do with all QBs.

For Roseman's faults he has shown how to do a quick rebuild. Eagles went from 4-11-1 in 2020 to 9-8 last year and now seen as one of the more complete rosters in the league when it looked like they would be awful for a long time after that 2020 season. A big part of that has been to invest in building up the offense around their young QB to give him the best chance to succeed.
I get it. It’s not the best way to develop a QB, but overpaying for mediocre players will hurt you more in the long run. We will see how they follow through. If they are firing OCs at the end of the year, then I will be on the same page as you. Right now, I’m expecting a year of failure, growth, and hopefully the beginning of some consistency.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. It’s not the best way to develop a QB, but overpaying for mediocre players will hurt you more in the long run. We will see how they follow through. If they are firing OCs at the end of the year, then I will be on the same page as you. Right now, I’m expecting a year of failure, growth, and hopefully the beginning of some consistency.

You don't need to overpay for mediocre players. Just seems like they are going to completely ruin Fields and they don't really have much care that they are doing so.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to overpay for mediocre players. Just seems like they are going to completely ruin Fields and they don't really have much care that they are doing so.
I would be cool if it was part of a bigger plan to tank for arch manning in three years.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am going to start making threads about who my Vikings sign to their practice squad. Those will have about as much relevance as this transaction does.

Talking about giving up a pick that doesnt matter in the least (a team could gather 10 7th round picks in a single draft by trading down 5 spots in the first round if they really wanted to have a bunch of those irrelevant picks) for a guy that wont be in the league in 3 years.

Yet here we are on page 3......