• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Myers...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately this fuck costs us $3M in dead cap assuming we cut him next season...

Jason Myers

Seattle is one of the worst kicking teams in the league at the moment:
2019 NFL Team Kicking Stats | ESPN

Seattle needs to have their eye on Rodrigo Blankenship this draft... we have a ton of picks, let's spend a 5th rounder on Blankenship or Jet Toner.

And then let's just eat Myers cap and get rid of that fucker.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another guy who cannot kick in the north ez.

Having him on the team will cost $3.6M. Cutting him costs $600k less.

I guess that Blankenship guy is good, but didn't he just wank a game winner recently? Pretty sure that was him. And even last night the incomparable Justin Tucker shanked an xp. We just have to realize that no one is perfect and everyone misses kicks. But yeah Myers has been a disappointment outside of his nice leg on kickoffs. Last year Seabass missed 3 FGs under 50 yards all year. Myers has already missed that many, and we have 7 games to go.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the 2020 salary cap topic, Britt is due to cost $11.6M! We get over $8M of that back by cutting him. If Joey Hunt proves to be solid (and I think he's played very well so far), I can see Britt getting launched. He's good and all, but not more $ than Tyler Lockett good.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that there just is a dearth of good kickers out there right now. Myers hasn't been great but who do you replace him with right now? Nobody unfortunately. Drafting a kicker is risky too, plus it doesn't help us until next season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that there just is a dearth of good kickers out there right now. Myers hasn't been great but who do you replace him with right now? Nobody unfortunately. Drafting a kicker is risky too, plus it doesn't help us until next season.
That's a great point. Getting rid of him is only half of the answer. If you don't have a better option readily available, then it could just be action without a purpose.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dk, I'd argue walking you or @JMR out there at this point would be an improvement.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately this fuck costs us $3M in dead cap assuming we cut him next season...

Jason Myers

Seattle needs to have their eye on Rodrigo Blankenship this draft... we have a ton of picks, let's spend a 5th rounder on Blankenship or Jet Toner.

They need to pick a kicker higher than in the 5th round. Teams are realizing the importance of kickers now that the PAT attempts are no longer gimmes. You can't assume a quality kicker will be sitting around that long.

Way back when Al Davis picked a kicker in the first round and everyone was shocked thinking Al was crazy. He was, but that did not manifest until a couple of decades later.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah the Patriots picked up Nick Folk because Gostkowski is hurt and they didn't even trust him to attempt a 45 yarder last night... They instead punted... That's how depleted the kickers are right now..

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its psychological. Kid is having a slump. Its more magnified in football because of the few games they play.

Hopefully, he'll get through it.

Yep... Sounds like his teamates were very supportive of him after the game last night... PC said that all the players made an effort to go over to his locker and encourage him by stating, "We've got your back" and "We have confidence in you"... etc...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... Sounds like his teamates were very supportive of him after the game last night... PC said that all the players made an effort to go over to his locker and encourage him by stating, "We've got your back" and "We have confidence in you"... etc...
My confidence in him is definitely on life support. If it's an iffy distance on 4th & less than 5 or 6, I'm saying go for it right now. Especially with the way Russell is in rhythm with Lockett & DK. Hollister looks like a player too.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My confidence in him is definitely on life support. If it's an iffy distance on 4th & less than 5 or 6, I'm saying go for it right now. Especially with the way Russell is in rhythm with Lockett & DK. Hollister looks like a player too.

Same... I wonder how the locker room would've been had we lost...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jason Myers

I'm just hoping that he figures it out. I was a moderate fan of the signing of Myers based on his performance last year but I'm starting to feel differently. Given how much he's being paid, unless he continues being awful I feel like he should at least get one more chance next year.

Can't remember who it was I got into a debate over regarding Myers, but I'll eat crow and say it's starting to look like they were right.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the 2020 salary cap topic, Britt is due to cost $11.6M! We get over $8M of that back by cutting him. If Joey Hunt proves to be solid (and I think he's played very well so far), I can see Britt getting launched. He's good and all, but not more $ than Tyler Lockett good.

Even before the injury, people speculated that Britt could get cut before the 2020 season. IMO he's league average but being paid a fuck ton relative to others at his position. Given the average recovery time for an ACL injury, it's unlikely he'd even be back in time for the 2020 regular season opener. I'd be stunned if he wasn't released unless there was something in his contract/NFL rules that we can't reap the cap savings cutting someone who is recovering from an injury.

The offensive line is going to be a difficult position for the Seahawks to address this upcoming offseason. Britt, Iupati and Ifedi will all be gone. Not to mention that Duane Brown seems to be slowing down and D.J. Fluker will be a free agent after the 2020 season. I'm definitely looking pretty far ahead, but by 2021 I'd be surprised if any of the current starters are still on the team.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same... I wonder how the locker room would've been had we lost...

I have a feeling this particular locker room is pretty good in that regard. Now the old one with Sherm, Bennett, etc. would be a different story.

I'm too lazy to find the articles I read, but Clowney has absolutely raved about the culture and locker room in Seattle. By all accounts it seems as if the atmosphere has been as good as it ever has been.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kickers are pretty random. Other than Tucker and maybe 1 or 2 other kickers, they have a high variance rate in which they can kick 30 straight and then miss 5 straight.

Hopefully he gets it together and goes on a run when we really need him.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we start making More TD and not have to worry about him making a Kick? or the Defense starts to play like a NFL defense? Sucks that we have a high school defense out there.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy was a pro bowl kicker and all a sudden he can’t kick anymore? Just in a slump, not at panic mode yet

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we start making More TD and not have to worry about him making a Kick? or the Defense starts to play like a NFL defense? Sucks that we have a high school defense out there.

He misses extra points too.... he's bottom 10 out of all kickers with 2 misses on 28 tries, lol just sayin'.