• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Takeaways From Week 1

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys dominated in just about every area.

The BOYS had 22 first downs to the Giants 13
COWBOYS defense had 3 sacks and 1 INT.......very impressed with Jaylon Smith.
Sean Lee had his usual great game.
The COWBOYS dominated time of possession 34 minutes to the Giants 25
Dak had a mediocre game.......Zeke got his 104 yards
The COWBOYS only had FIVE penalties
8 for 15 in third down conversion
An incredible catch by Cole!!

And Linehan's play calling from the Giant's three yard line was a mystery and clueless.
1st down and three straight passes. The COWBOYS have maybe the best Oline, RB, and mobile QB in the NFL and we're passing the ball on three straight plays? The COWBOYS can dominate with their running game.

It would have been great to see more TDs than field goals.

But the COWBOYS beat a team they had lost three straight games to.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre would be a very poor choice of words to describe how Dak played. He was facing a top defense and if not for drops, obvious PI no calls, and his uncharacteristic inaccuracy in the first couple of drives, Dallas might have scored 30 points. Dak was on point after the first couple of drives.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre would be a very poor choice of words to describe how Dak played. He was facing a top defense and if not for drops, obvious PI no calls, and his uncharacteristic inaccuracy in the first couple of drives, Dallas might have scored 30 points. Dak was on point after the first couple of drives.

Dak was uncharacteristically bad on many of his throws. But he was a field general. Perfect in every other aspect.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked to me like he tried to force the ball to Dez on a few of the plays where he didn't look so good. Was that Dak, Linehan, Dez...I don't know. But other than that I thought he played very well and contrary to popular group think in the media and with opposing NFL fans he did NOT have all day to throw.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Terrance Williams? Goes out early and comes back and makes some really big plays for us even though injured.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than a few high throws dak got the job done. Dak is a winner.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Terrance Williams? Goes out early and comes back and makes some really big plays for us even though injured.
Terrance did make some big plays.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrance did make some big plays.
When I saw that ankle roll I thought he was done for the year. That was nasty. It just seems like twill and dak are always on the same page.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the first game of the season and Dak was a little amped up early. Once he settled in, his throws were right there. As good as he was pre snap last season, he's made an even bigger jump now. He looked like a 10 year vet directing traffic and making the right reads. We are sitting pretty for the next 10 years...

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Linehan was encouraging Dak to test the outside with Dez. Obviously Dez wanted it as well, but it seemed to me Dak was a little uncomfortable with some of those throws. Maybe it was due to the early batted down pass by Harrison or the fact Dez didn't get much separation and Dak was trying too hard to pinpoint the ball. Other than a few throws to Dez I saw the calmness he played with all last year. Actually saw a bunch more pre-snap organization from him. The divisional games will always be the toughest, and this was no different. Dak is surgical against zone defense. Would love to know if someone out there keeps a stat for this to back me on that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he continues to find ways to win games, i personally wont be to critical of his stats or his early play in games
It's not just that he is finding ways to win games he has been amazing overall and was fine last week. He was just about the best rookie QB EVER and he did it with a not so great receiving corps. He made Beasley a household name. He made some poor throws last week but he didn't make any big mistakes. If he audibled to 3 straight pass plays at the 2 1/2 then I'll blame him for that, but assuming it wasn't his call I'll just say good D by the Giants and he missed one pass that should have been a TD but it shouldn't even have mattered if we ran it. I don't have a problem with him going deep to Dez when one on one even if covered because Dez is big and strong and will come up with some of those. Dak is just so smart and composed and protects the ball so well. Lastly and probably most importantly he did not have all day to throw. Even when rolling out he had guys in his face and rushing him. So this idea that persists throughout the league that anyone could win behind this OL is just dumb and the same goes for Zeke. He did a great job to get over 100 yards. It's not like the OL was blowing the Giants off the ball. This week is going to be tougher IMO and I wouldn't be surprised if we turn it over a couple of times.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought all our new starters/players did well. Green and Collins did well on the OL. Smith played well and Carroll and Awuzie in the secondary played well too. The whole DL did a good job. Am I missing anyone? Heath I guess can be called new as a starter and he played well also.

May see J. Lewis this week.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linehan came out and said the plays inside the 5 were RPOs. I understand what Dak was doing. He had Dez 1 on 1. As far as Denver, they looked OK the other night Our Dline should have some success getting to the Qb again. Thought their defense looked good but our offense is better than SD. I always worry about the altitude there. Should be a good game

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linehan came out and said the plays inside the 5 were RPOs. I understand what Dak was doing. He had Dez 1 on 1. As far as Denver, they looked OK the other night Our Dline should have some success getting to the Qb again. Thought their defense looked good but our offense is better than SD. I always worry about the altitude there. Should be a good game
Glad zeke is in this game. Cowboys need to figure out the back up rb position. Morris sucked.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he continues to find ways to win games, i personally wont be to critical of his stats or his early play in games

Yep. The W is what matters. I thought Zeke was solid too, much like the Oline. There were times when Snacks had his way with Fred but Fred won some too. The Giants are a nasty D. Top 5 in the league. They make it difficult. They have a legitimate DPOY candidate ( Collins) that lurks around like Palumalu used too. He was rather quiet I thought

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldn't have been run/pass options. First and/or 2nd down should have been a run there when you have our OL and running game. But that is a vague answer because you always have the option to audible out of a play if need be. So to get technical it's always an option. We are built to run. Run it there at least once. Heck, if we ran it 3 times how many teams are stopping us? Maybe 10% of the time, but probably even less. I actually prefer when Dez is doubled in the end zone when we are inside the 3 because if he isn't I know what is coming and apparently so does the defense. But overall I'm not going to kill the play calling I thought we did a good job and I'm not on the sideline making calls ahead of time. There were a couple of 2nd and 2's where I would have ran the ball and we passed it, but that is just nitpicking. I think Linehan does a very good job overall