• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Take, His Take, Your Take and Their Take

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catchy title hey?

So I work with a NYG Fan who constantly tries to tell me BB is part of the Bill Parcels coaching tree and thusly a large portion of his success can be attributed to Parcels. I argue that Parcels success was more about BB running that defense and technically BB is from the Don Shula tree as if memory calls that is where he got his start. So in a nut shell how much of the NYGs success do feel can from BB and that D vs BP as a headcoach?

And it's slow so lets start some shit

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick never worked for Shula. And Ray Perkins hired him to the Giants originally, not Parcells. I can buy the line of thinking that BB made BP as much or more as the other way round.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catchy title hey?

So I work with a NYG Fan who constantly tries to tell me BB is part of the Bill Parcels coaching tree and thusly a large portion of his success can be attributed to Parcels. I argue that Parcels success was more about BB running that defense and technically BB is from the Don Shula tree as if memory calls that is where he got his start. So in a nut shell how much of the NYGs success do feel can from BB and that D vs BP as a headcoach?

First thing Never listen to a Giant fan. Only Kidding Whole family are Giants fans. And basically everybody I worked with too. Think BB started under Marchibroda in the mid 70s then bounced to the Giants in 79-80 under Ray Perkins then stayed on when Parcells took over.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing Never listen to a Giant fan. Only Kidding Whole family are Giants fans. And basically everybody I worked with too. Think BB started under Marchibroda in the mid 70s then bounced to the Giants in 79-80 under Ray Perkins then stayed on when Parcells took over.
Marchbroda yes that is where I misspoke.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill has a defensive scheme in the HOF.

That scheme won Parcells second SB for him.

They were two trees in the same forest, the younger tree happened to grow taller.

Did Parcells influence Belichick? Hell yes.
Would Belichick have thrived without ever working for Parcells? More than likely.
They just happened to be on the Giants team at the same time so their branches and roots will be forever inseparable.

Not like Belichick and Mangina.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harry Carson hated BB when he was named Defensive Coordinator of the Giants by Parcells. After playing for him for a year, he asked Parcells why BB was the DC, because he'd never played the game and Parcells said that the defense was Belichicks and that he had nothing to do with it. Carson said that he's never had moire respect for a coach than Belichick and apologized to him for not trusting his ideas. He never doubted him again.

This is from a live interview with both Parcells and Belichick sitting together. It was on the NFL Network this past weekend.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harry Carson hated BB when he was named Defensive Coordinator of the Giants by Parcells. After playing for him for a year, he asked Parcells why BB was the DC, because he'd never played the game and Parcells said that the defense was Belichicks and that he had nothing to do with it. Carson said that he's never had moire respect for a coach than Belichick and apologized to him for not trusting his ideas. He never doubted him again.

This is from a live interview with both Parcells and Belichick sitting together. It was on the NFL Network this past weekend.

Dammit!!!

I wish I had caught that!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catchy title hey?

The head coach always deserves most of the credit since he is the one responsible for game planning.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Two Bills? Something to like that. Great hour long conversation between the two.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill has a defensive scheme in the HOF.

That scheme won Parcells second SB for him.

They were two trees in the same forest, the younger tree happened to grow taller.

Did Parcells influence Belichick? Hell yes.
Would Belichick have thrived without ever working for Parcells? More than likely.
They just happened to be on the Giants team at the same time so their branches and roots will be forever inseparable.

Not like Belichick and Mangina.

Ditto. Enough said.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catchy title hey?

Belichick is part of the Parcels' tree but not all fruit are the same. Parcels inherited BB and recognized his abilities and let BB be BB. There's a lot to be said for someone who can keeps his hands off when his neck is on the line.

Who benefited more? Why ask when both clearly benefited.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Marchibroda originally hired Belichick with the Colts and, I believe, it was Marchibroda who the Ravens forced the owner to hire and dump BB.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Catchy title hey?

So I work with a NYG Fan who constantly tries to tell me BB is part of the Bill Parcels coaching tree and thusly a large portion of his success can be attributed to Parcels.

I think Bill learned a good deal from Parcells but a ton of the credit still goes to BB

I argue that Parcels success was more about BB running that defense and technically BB is from the Don Shula tree as if memory calls that is where he got his start. So in a nut shell how much of the NYGs success do feel can from BB and that D vs BP as a headcoach?

He was a gofer for Shula..