• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My rant

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to think we could put together a nice winning streak now, but my mind tells me that would be near impossible. Reason being, these games we are losing, we are losing bad. I know, Mr. State the obvious, but it's a simple way to put it. It's not just bad luck, or a bounce here and a bounce there. We look like an AHL team trying to figure out how to beat the big boys, and we aren't coming close.

When I watch these games, all I've seen is dump and chase hockey, no forecheck, and no threatening offensive chances, just some harmless shots from the point and wrist shots that seem to always find the logo on a goalie's chest. As far as the defense goes, it's kind of tough to be that mad at them since they are mostly AHL kids who have been thrown on the ice with a team already struggling.

Bottom line to me is this: Our offense is does have big names. The problem is that about half of these big name forwards (Elias, Arnott, Langs, Rolston) have been declining in skill level for a few years now. This year, it seems to have caught up with the team. The rest of the bigger names (Kovy, Parise, Zajac) haven't been performing well, but even if they were, how much better could the team be? Make the playoffs and get booted in the first round again.

At any rate, maybe changing a few strategies could get the team on track. Playing more Devils-type hockey. Even that would be a stretch this year due to our lack of defense. I don't know. All I know is this will be a boring season unless we turn it around, like now. I realize that our streak of consecutive postseason appearances will eventually come to an end, I just didn't think it would happen until after the Brodeur era. Please Devils, make it happen!!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post... In my watching of the last few games, I have noticed that we are just off sync in about every aspect of the game... Last night our passing was horrid.... yet the teams we play are hitting tape to tape, and always seem to be in the right spots... I dont know why we are looking so terrible, but something has to change and soon... Elias had another terrible game.. bad passes, not shooting, when he does, he flubs the shot... Langs has looked bad for about 2 years now imo. White could have moved the puck out of the zone on the 4th goal, but instead passed it to his defenseman who had someone right in his face... turnover, goal... just a bad decision... and what makes it worse is EVERYONE is makeing these same bad decisions every game... we havent looked good yet.... and that worries me.... Wonder if Kovy is regretting this long term deal now.... then again for 100 mil... I wouldnt care...

Vort

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of you are spot on. They look about as bad as you can look. Even if they were supposed to be a bad team, I'd still say they were playing like crap.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thing is this team isnt all that different from the last years team or the team before that or the team before that. its the coaching...this team is known as coach killers..i think the problem with maclean is he played with some of the guys in the locker room how could they take him seriously? i'm not against bringing in a rookie head coach i just think it should've been done from outside the team

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that's a great point cup. It is one thing to bring in a young, rookie head coach. It's another thing to bring in a guy that played on this team and with some of the guys in that locker room.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is pretty clear, that JMac is exactly what you've stated. Does Lou see it?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people like to go straight for the coach, and while I agree that he is probably not the best candidate for the Devils, with that much success on the team, it is ultimately the players fault for this slump you guys are in.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree. There is only 1 head coach. Ultimately he is not responsible for 20 players sucking at the same time. But when you're this bad, there is plenty of blame to go around.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still beleive that JMac must be out shortly. And Marty's days (unfortunately) getting closer to the end - unless he will prove it wrong.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's sucks to put this on Mac when the players on this team have been getting coaches fired for years.