• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My official NCAA tourney upset predictions by seeds

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 seeds- No upsets

2 seeds- no upsets although there are 2 games that I think will be semi-close. Detroit vs Kansas is intriguing because the Titans have some really good athletes but in the end TRob will be too much for them to handle KU by 6-10 points. Also I think Lehigh is going to give Duke a real scare. Lehigh has some really nice players and Duke is SOO dependent on 3's that they are susceptible if they dont shoot it well. Plus with Kelly being a question mark I think this one is tight the whole way, Duke by 4.

3 seeds- No upsets. Some interesting ones here. Belmont has a REAL shot at getting GTown and I think if Iona can get past BYU they can give Marquette a scare as well. South Dakota State has a great offense and one of the 10 best players in the whole tourney in Nate Wolters. In the end I ended up picking all the 3's but watch Belmont. That is the pick if you are looking for an upset.

4 seeds- 1 upset. I really liked New Mexico State alot. I think Indiana is going to need to play great to win. Also I think Davidson is a terrible matchup for Louisville. I think Wisky and Michigan play close for awhile and then pull away. In the end I took Davidson over the Cardinals. This seed line could see as many as 3 upsets and I wouldnt be shocked but the only 1 that I took was Davidson.

5 seeds- 1 upset.Man thse are some really good matchups. Wichita-VCU is going to be a barnburner, 2 really solid teams. They met last year at Wichita and the Rams won by 1. Temple is a sketchy 5 seed IMO so either Cal or USF could give them fits although i think cal would have a better shot. Vandy is playing really well right now but Harvard is super disciplined and a tough out and the best game IMO is the New Mexico-LBSU game. The Beach has played a killer schedule and they wont be the least bit intimidated in this one. In the end I took LBSU as my only 5-12 upset mostly because i think USF beats Cal but if Cal wins then take them over Temple.

6 seeds- 1 upset. Some intriguing matchups here as well. UNLV-Colorado is a straight style of play matchup. 1 team likes to get up and down and the other likes to slow it down. Same thing with Murray State and CSU. I think Texas has the horses to stay with Cincy but the Bearcats have too much inside IMO. Only upset I took was NC State over SDSU. The Wolfpack looked really good the alst month and the Aztecs way overachieved this year after losing 4 starters from last years team.

7 seeds- 2 upsets. I took UVa over Flrida. Gators have no inside presence and Scott is going to eat them up. Also took Xavier over ND. Neither of these teams is very good but Ill take the team with the best player in Tu Holloway. I took the Zags over WVU but if Truck Bryant shoots it well then the Mounaineers may surprise. St Marys-Purdue was a tossup but went with the Gaels because of experience.

8 seeds- No upsets. I actually think most of the 8-9 matchups are pretty clearly in favor of the 8's. Creighton has WAY too much offense for Bama, KSU will physically dominate Southern Miss, Memphis has too much athleticism for the Billikens although picking against Rick Majerus in the tourney is tough. Only game I could see taking the 9 in is the UConn- iowa State game but UConn cant guard the 3 and when you are playing a team that has 5 shooters that doesnt bode well.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the one that I entered into the SportsHoopla contest, I have:

One 14-3 upset
No 13-4 upsets
Two 12-5 upsets
No 11-6 upsets
One 10-7 upset
One 9-8 upset

I feel like that that is a lot of chalk, though I do have several funky things (an 8 in the FF, a 10 in the EE, and a 12 in the SS). This year, I really do think there is a fairly clear dividing line between great and bad teams (with a couple of exceptions, obviously). I'm not expecting that much chaos this year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the one that I entered into the SportsHoopla contest, I have:

One 14-3 upset
No 13-4 upsets
Two 12-5 upsets
No 11-6 upsets
One 10-7 upset
One 9-8 upset

I feel like that that is a lot of chalk, though I do have several funky things (an 8 in the FF, a 10 in the EE, and a 12 in the SS). This year, I really do think there is a fairly clear dividing line between great and bad teams (with a couple of exceptions, obviously). I'm not expecting that much chaos this year.

Yeah thats kind of how I feel too. Im assuming you have Memphis in the Final 4?? Thats about the only 8 I can see making a run with the way the brackets played out.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked all upsets, but now I'm not sure which 16 seed to pick.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah thats kind of how I feel too. Im assuming you have Memphis in the Final 4??

Yep, and it was really tough to do considering how much I love MSU. That is a really cruel 2nd round match for both. Two teams playing that well should not meet until at least the Sweet 16.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and it was really tough to do considering how much I love MSU. That is a really cruel 2nd round match for both. Two teams playing that well should not meet until at least the Sweet 16.

I think whoever wins that game makes the final 4. Mizzou is explosive but they cant matchup with MSU inside and they arent athletic enough to keep Memphis off the baords either. I took MSU but thats the only game I could maybe see them losing until the Final 4.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might be overrating Creighton a bit. They may very well beat us, but when I look at their schedule, the ppg doesn't seem impressive anymore.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might be overrating Creighton a bit. They may very well beat us, but when I look at their schedule, the ppg doesn't seem impressive anymore.

The teams they played might've been good, I'm just not too familiar with almost all of them. So, I don't know, hopefully we get the upset.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams they played might've been good, I'm just not too familiar with almost all of them. So, I don't know, hopefully we get the upset.

I hear you RT. Creighton has played a decent schedule, not great but pretty solid. I definitely dont think that the Jays are going to drop 80+ on you but I just dont see how A) you guys are going to slow down McDermott. Mitchell is the only guy on your team that would have been able to guard him inside and outside and he is gone from the team and B) I cant see anyway you score enough points to win the game unless Creighton just shoots terribly. I think Creighton wins by 10-15 points honestly but we'll see, thats why they play the games :)

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creighton just had their lowest scoring half all season. :)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bamma played really well for alot of the game but when Creighton needed runs they got them. Whiffed on my LBSU pick and my Davidson pick ( knew I shouldve picked VCU :) ) but nailed the NCSU picked. Ill pretend I didnt pick UVA over Florida... LOL. Only missed 4 game so far so not too shabby.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mother fucker I wanted to pick Lehigh SO bad!!! Didnt know for sure if Kelly was going to play or not. That killed Duke to not have him.