• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my observations

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
first of all, i am SO incredibly stoked about how our forward corps is shaping up for the present and the future.

firstly, danny briere still has 3-4 years of great hockey left in him if he has no severe injuries. secondly, leino will more than likely be signed to a 4-5 year deal in my opinion.

couple that with that with the fact that we are younger, tougher, bigger, and deeper now up front, it has me so excited.

we have the pleasure of watching a forward corps for the next 4-5 years of:

giroux, JVR, briere, schenn, voracek, leino, simmonds, hartnell, versteeg, couturier.

now some of those guys aren't ready to truly contribute yet, but tell me that mix of skill, speed, veterans, toughness, finesse and size isn't absolutely incredible.

what has me SO exited is the fact that this group will grow and develop together and will be so deep and pretty affordable for several years. we now have incredible depth once again up front and depth on the wings at last again as well as an eventual strength at center.

that being said,
what scares me is the age of our defense. i think we need to acquire a stud D-man in the 27-30 year old age range to anchor this defense.
mez, carle, coburn are a GREAT future on D but i feel for it to be a stanley cup defense we need one more guy. that cannon. ala pronger. i firmly believe prongs and timonen have 2-3 years of great play left in them, maybe only two tho.

however, even if we don't, i think realistically we could see great runs at the cup in 2013 and 2014. in 2013 prongs and timonen will be 38 and probably have their last great year left and i think our forwards will need around one more year to truly become a lethal unit.

but couple all this with a GOALIE at long last?

man...the future looks DAMN bright for stanley cups. this forward group alone ... IF IF IF they reach their potential could be downright and absolutely FILTHY.

lets hold our breaths and hope.

thoughts?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
btw.. a potential 2012-2013 lineup..tell me this doesn't excite you..

JVR - giroux - voracek
hartnell - briere - leino
simmonds - schenn - versteeg
powe - couturier - nodl

just LOOK at that strength down the middle.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you mention him, but I feel like people havent even realized Bryz is here. He is a softball sized cherry on top of this sundae.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the D plays shutdown Bryz will keep this team in every game. I fully expect G and JVR to keep improving and with added icetime they both could hit 30 goals almost making up for Richie and Carts production.

Let's see what the summer brings us as this teams not done making moves yet....

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope JvR builds on his recent playoff success. He was downright dominant for awhile there. If he has the kind of season I expect him to have, then we will forget about Richie and Carter a lot quicker. I'm still a little sour on the losses. We were in the Cup Finals two seasons ago and suddenly we appear to be retooling the entire team. There's a lot more to this that we're not being told obviously. You don't just trade away two of your very best players that are signed at reasonable values for years to come without having some serious issues with them.

Here's hoping that we get the best out of Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, Couturier and all of our picks. We could have three top line centers in maybe four years. I hope it works out that way. Giroux, Schenn and Couturier right down the middle.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree wootpoker...but there are some real questions...JVR great playoff run average first half the season great second have...REALLY need him to be the man now...brier no problem giroux no problem...hartnell and leino 20-25 each...were just projecting with simmond and vorcheik have both scored 14 to 16 goals the last to season...projecting 20...each ok...versteeg...i dont like him...defensively worse than Zherdev...but score 25 goals...as much as it kills me to say right now its hard to let that amount of scoring go...(still think he is moved)...Zherdev...played well the second half...IMO...but dont think the organization like him...20-25 with more playing time...if he is around... Schenn they say he is ready to make a run for the big club...lots of pressure...courterier will start in the minors...he will be up by mid season...but cant expect alot ...not sure...skinny doesnt mean not able to play in the big league...right wayne gretzky...who knows...bottom line we need another solid veteran scorer...i believe it will be address...but very excited overall...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wootpoker...man i love that presence down the middle...all this change feels great...like cleaning out a closest...happy to get rid of the same old same old go and see the promise of the future ahead...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
sorry...last thought on Observations...i really thought they were going for hamilton for the same concerns regarding the ageing defense...im sure there is a plan ahead...if courterier was not sitting there...hamilton would have been a Flyer no doubt...

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal centerman
Schenn will be a true star
and this new kid looks legit
Giroux is emerging to become a superstar
Briere is Briere
Man Homer pulled it off

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our D isnt really that old. Kimmo and Pronger are old, but Carle, Mez, and Coburn are young. Bartulis and Marshall are young too. After trading away two centers, and getting a guy that scouts seem to love, I am good with that.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D isnt really that old. Kimmo and Pronger are old, but Carle, Mez, and Coburn are young. Bartulis and Marshall are young too. After trading away two centers, and getting a guy that scouts seem to love, I am good with that.

Yeah, I mean I would like some prospects next year, but I think we dont have too much to wrry about.