• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Draft

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Zack Martin G/T
2. Tim Jernigan DT
3. Jimmy Ward S
4. Dominic Easley DT
5. JC Copeland FB
7. Billy Turner G

now before y'all cut me to pieces here is my reasoning : all the defensive players were gone so we took Martin who was the best value on the board
Jernigan has a solid 2nd round grade
Ward fell because of his size not ability he might be there
Easley because of the injuries and he might not make it that far
Copeland because Murray needs a lead blocker
Billy Turner will be a steal in the draft

This is with no Jerry trading all over the place

I think its solid if it would happen like this.

Thoughts anyone

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think some of those guys will gone before where you have them. Otherwise, couldn't hate on it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be VERY surprised if Ward is there in the 2nd round when we pick. I would be shocked if he is here in the 3rd. As a matter of fact, after Martin I don't think any of the next 3 guys you mocked are there where you have us taking them. Oh and Turner in the 7th? Long gone IMO. I guess all I can say is I'll take this draft for sure if it goes that way...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Zack Martin G/T
2. Tim Jernigan DT
3. Jimmy Ward S
4. Dominic Easley DT
5. JC Copeland FB
7. Billy Turner G

now before y'all cut me to pieces here is my reasoning : all the defensive players were gone so we took Martin who was the best value on the board

Thoughts anyone

Awesome Draft, would probably not get Ward in round 3, but who knows. Nice Job

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ward will be gone in the 1st round. Turner moves incredibly well for a guy his size. I think he will get drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round. Martin in the 1st round looks good. Easly in the 4th is reasonable. I would rather have daquan jones or the guy from princeton over jernigan

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Zack Martin G/T
2. Tim Jernigan DT
3. Jimmy Ward S
4. Dominic Easley DT
5. JC Copeland FB
7. Billy Turner G

Thoughts anyone

and there's why it is impossible to even guess

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of Anthony Barr for UCLA? He needs to bulk up a bit for the NFL, but he's a workhorse and fast.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of Anthony Barr for UCLA? He needs to bulk up a bit for the NFL, but he's a workhorse and fast.

Good timing. LOL

I Love him. Double digit sack stud in the making and I think we would dance our way up to take him if he's available. But, if you check the other active thread below you will see many here do not like him. Beauty of the draft is that just like two NFL GMs or scouts can have different views on the same player, so can the fans...

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barr will be a good pro but I don't think he will be there when we draft

My list is all speculation but would be a good draft if the chips fell right I would be shocked if we got 2 players off the list but its spring and one can hope until after next week .

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I really dont get into the predraft thing , but for some reason this year I have. That would be a great draft. Although I think some may go a little higher than you have them, they could fall. With that being said- Turner is the one that I think could go possibly 3rd or 4rth round.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I really dont get into the predraft thing , but for some reason this year I have. That would be a great draft. Although I think some may go a little higher than you have them, they could fall. With that being said- Turner is the one that I think could go possibly 3rd or 4rth round.

I love the predraft talk. The one thing I never do is a mock of my own. There are just too many unknowns and usually it's just assuming guys you like fall without taking into Account that if you like him maybe someone else does as well. I do like to think about all the guys I'd like to have in each round and hope one or two falls and this year has two or three times the amount as usual. Even the 2nd and 3rd rounds should be loaded when we pick.

I heard a good comment from someone in the Atl organization today about why they won't trade up for Clowney. He said that not only are they excited for the #6 pick, but also to have an early pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds with all this talent. That is pretty much why I said all along that they won't be trading up with Hou. Plus, they need an OT bad and are in a perfect spot to get one.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the predraft talk- I just wouldnt normally know a player like Turner or Savage or some of the other smaller school names. For some reason this year I have really focused on most of the positions with exception of Punter and Kicker.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the predraft talk- I just wouldnt normally know a player like Turner or Savage or some of the other smaller school names. For some reason this year I have really focused on most of the positions with exception of Punter and Kicker.

Yeah, there is a little overkill on the 24 hour coverage this year and the extra month makes it even more so. Plus every "expert" in the world does a mock draft. The problem is they keep regurgitating the same rankings and make the fans think that is a guys true value. So we peg a guy into a slot where the gurus have him without knowing how the teams have him and then we are surprised when our team takes a "2nd rounder" in the first round. I think at some point you need to go by a little of what you read on player evaluations. How can you possibly know how a Guard from a small School will translate to the NFl level?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there is a little overkill on the 24 hour coverage this year and the extra month makes it even more so. Plus every "expert" in the world does a mock draft. The problem is they keep regurgitating the same rankings and make the fans think that is a guys true value. So we peg a guy into a slot where the gurus have him without knowing how the teams have him and then we are surprised when our team takes a "2nd rounder" in the first round. I think at some point you need to go by a little of what you read on player evaluations. How can you possibly know how a Guard from a small School will translate to the NFl level?

I really dont know how you gauge anything. I mean there have been tremendous busts at every position in the past which makes me a little scared of some of guys. The percentage of bust may be low in the first round but its still there. If we go DE- I will take a Greg Ellis clone- a good solid player over a player that could be as good as JJ watt or as bad as Shante Carver . Now I do think Rod could be a factor though in making the guy better. I just dont think we can take huge risk. Every player is a risk to a certain extent- I mean Crawford last year didnt make it through 1 practice and was out for the season. We do have some pieces on the Dline we can play around with , but we need more pressure.