• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My abductor digiti minimi is killing me

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took 2 1/2 hours last night to dismiss an opponent who did not wanna' lose. Mofo was outgunned - so, he made me run my ass off hitting short chips and topspin lobs n' shit.

Today, I can't even put any weight on my left foot until I've limped around for a few minutes to warm up the screaming pain from the outside edge of my heel...almost feels like a sprained ankle. Seriously, there is chronic pain here and I'm limping like I've been shot. I stretch it by turning the foot inward but it doesn't help - totally locked up when I stand.

I wonder if this is from the rather new Nike Air Cage shoes I'm wearing or if my old ass just over-did it. Anybody in here ever had this misery. Nothing is worth wasting half a day going to the doctor to hear "ice it and take a Tylenol."

Abductor Digiti Minimi Muscle: Heel and Ankle Pain - The Wellness Digest

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juice, that is usually from shoes being too narrow. Be careful or you will start rolling it and really sprain your ankle.

Stay off it for a week and get some better fitting shoes. If it doe snot feel better then you may need some PT.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juice, that is usually from shoes being too narrow. Be careful or you will start rolling it and really sprain your ankle.

Stay off it for a week and get some better fitting shoes. If it doe snot feel better then you may need some PT.

I really appreciate that and read it was shoes that are too small...but realize it's the width that's the culprit. I'm already using Nike's widest size but have some pretty fucked-up wide Fred Flinstone feet.

Guess I'll have to go back to using my clunky New Balance 4Es. I've been putting it off for years, but might finally find the time to go to that shoe store that customizes everthing. (can't remember the name)

The last time I had a match that pushed the limits like that and went on for nearly 3 hours, two of my toenails turned black and fell off! If only losing didn't suck so badly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really appreciate that and read it was shoes that are too small...but realize it's the width that's the culprit. I'm already using Nike's widest size but have some pretty fucked-up wide Fred Flinstone feet.

Guess I'll have to go back to using my clunky New Balance 4Es. I've been putting it off for years, but might finally find the time to go to that shoe store that customizes everthing. (can't remember the name)

The last time I had a match that pushed the limits like that and went on for nearly 3 hours, two of my toenails turned black and fell off! If only losing didn't suck so badly.

Actually Lotto and Yonex both have a wider D than most shoes. My feet are just a little wider than normal though. Cant wear my beloved Adidas anymore. Nike I would have no chance of using.

If you you have extra wide feet then you are right in that you are probably stuck with NB or custom.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I have wifey. She soaked 'em for and hour and rubbed 'em out for longtime.

I figured those Nike shoes would work if I just kept them tied really lose. That was alright, but obviously that doesn't help the heel squeezed in there. Lesson learned and $90 wasted.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nikes are notorious for being extra narrow.......