• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Munchak, Titans Eager to Get Back to Work

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Munchak, Titans Eager to Get Back to Work

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Cornerback Jason McCourty is ready for the Tennessee Titans to open their doors, so he can walk in and get back to work.

He has plenty of company.

The NFL players voted for a final deal Monday days after owners NFL players approved a tentative agreement putting an end to the lockout and the league's longest work stoppage.

The Titans face several challenges due to the lengthy lockout. Mike Munchak was the last NFL head coach hired in February, they need a veteran quarterback to start this season and mentor Jake Locker, the No. 8 pick overall, and enough new coaches have been hired that name badges may be needed when training camp opens.

That includes new coordinators with Jerry Gray on defense and Chris Palmer on offense.

"Before the lockout, I got the chance to shake his hand and introduce myself but nothing beyond that," McCourty said. "So for me, that first meeting will be important to learn some of his expectations and see what we're going to do as a defense this year."

The Titans announced they will open the doors to Baptist Sports Park at 9 a.m. CDT Tuesday for players with training camp opening Friday. The first practice hadn't been scheduled yet as of Monday afternoon.

stewart072611.jpg

Offensive tackle David Stewart was among the early arrivals as players returned to Baptist Sports Park.

Go Titans!