• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Munchak going to Denver after all

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Tomlin!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually just a consultant not an actual OC.
Official title is offensive consultant/ Assistant head coach. Kinda looking like the back-up plan for when they fire Zimmer because their overpaid QB chokes away big games again. Kubiak should help Stefanski though and let Zimmer concentrate on defense.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Tomlin!

Good God what a shitshow we have become.:L

Think about it. It was a lateral move, not a promotion. Munchak taking that job is basically him saying that he'd rather take the same job he had as before, with a different team in which the new head coach beat him out for the job he was vying for, than to stick around Pittsburgh and continue to build and work with the very good o-line that he's coached up, to this point. It's very telling and if you ask me, an indictment against the toxic environment that has festered under the aegis of head coach Mike Tomlin. I understand that Munchak's family is centered in Denver, but it's clear to me that he had no interest whatsoever in sticking around with the Steelers, even if his wife, daughter, grandkid(s) etc lived down the street from Heinz Field.

I really hope that this development isn't lost on Art Rooney II.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God what a shitshow we have become.:L

Think about it. It was a lateral move, not a promotion. Munchak taking that job is basically him saying that he'd rather take the same job he had as before, with a different team in which the new head coach beat him out for the job he was vying for, than to stick around Pittsburgh and continue to build and work with the very good o-line that he's coached up, to this point. It's very telling and if you ask me, an indictment against the toxic environment that has festered under the aegis of head coach Mike Tomlin. I understand that Munchak's family is centered in Denver, but it's clear to me that he had no interest whatsoever in sticking around with the Steelers, even if his wife, daughter, grandkid(s) etc lived down the street from Heinz Field.

I really hope that this development isn't lost on Art Rooney II.

While I can't blame him, and I would like to agree with this in full...but it's too easy to pin this loss on Tomlin.

This dumpster fire in PIT didn't just start, as you said, it's been festering for a while. Munchak could've left LY for a HC job (AZ was ready to hire him)...so if it was all about getting out of from under Tomlin's regime he didn't have to wait thru this terrible season. The family issues are real imo...he's not yet 60 so I can't imagine his daughter being that old so a young family and not just him, but I'm sure the wife was a factor.

He's getting $1.5 mil per which is a raise that I trust PIT matched.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can't blame him, and I would like to agree with this in full...but it's too easy to pin this loss on Tomlin.

This dumpster fire in PIT didn't just start, as you said, it's been festering for a while. Munchak could've left LY for a HC job (AZ was ready to hire him)...so if it was all about getting out of from under Tomlin's regime he didn't have to wait thru this terrible season. The family issues are real imo...he's not yet 60 so I can't imagine his daughter being that old so a young family and not just him, but I'm sure the wife was a factor.

He's getting $1.5 mil per which is a raise that I trust PIT matched.

Hell, maybe he figured that this shitshow was going be too much for Rooney to bear sooner rather than later and thats why he didnt take the Az Job. And then, come this postseason after another disappointing finish, its been made apparent to him that Tomlin wont be going anywhere for a while and he said, "fuck it, I'm outta here, this situation isnt worth waiting for to get better..."

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, maybe he figured that this shitshow was going be too much for Rooney to bear sooner rather than later and thats why he didnt take the Az Job. And then, come this postseason after another disappointing finish, its been made apparent to him that Tomlin wont be going anywhere for a while and he said, "fuck it, I'm outta here, this situation isnt worth waiting for to get better..."

Maybe.

As bad as it might appear in PIT right now...and from where we as fans sit...it's pretty bad to lose 4 of 6 to close any football season. I don't think it was the BS than ran him off...at least not entirely. I really do think his family was the controlling factor in the decision because he never formally interviewed for any other HC job this season and there reportedly other teams...it just seem like it was DEN or PIT from the outset.