• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Sign LaStella

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I called this one. That makes me 2 for a thousand...lol.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he makes the team then there is an issue. They don’t need a DH, they need to find someone to make Teoscar the primary DH.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he makes the team then there is an issue. They don’t need a DH, they need to find someone to make Teoscar the primary DH.
I think they do need a DH, but La Stella isn't that dude. He may be a nice piece if he regains his bat, but that usually doesn't happen in Seattle.

Agreed Teoscar would be the best DH option but we will never get a legit OF to replace him so that is my argument.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they do need a DH, but La Stella isn't that dude. He may be a nice piece if he regains his bat, but that usually doesn't happen in Seattle.

Agreed Teoscar would be the best DH option but we will never get a legit OF to replace him so that is my argument.

Well the Mariners are working on stacking the roster deep with mediocre hitters.

I guess on game day they either see who hits better at BP pregame or pull the ole' magic 8-ball out and give it a shake to see which couple .220 hitters get a few at bats that day and some time in the field.

If we weren't so close at really putting a true contender on the field daily, I probably wouldn't mind these shenanigan's so much.

Or Dipoto is hoping one of his Dr Frankenstein moves pays off and he goes down in Mariners lore as the greatest GM ever. ( in his own warped mind )

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Mariners are working on stacking the roster deep with mediocre hitters.

I guess on game day they either see who hits better at BP pregame or pull the ole' magic 8-ball out and give it a shake to see which couple .220 hitters get a few at bats that day and some time in the field.

If we weren't so close at really putting a true contender on the field daily, I probably wouldn't mind these shenanigan's so much.

Or Dipoto is hoping one of his Dr Frankenstein moves pays off and he goes down in Mariners lore as the greatest GM ever. ( in his own warped mind )
Love it! I have said before that taking chances on these long shots are a GM's dream. If it doesn't work, nobody mentions it again. If it works, they are a genius. People say it doesn't cost anything so why not? Well if it doesn't work out, you are most likely trading assets at the deadline for a replacement. That is the cost of doing business this way. But prospects grow on trees so...

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it! I have said before that taking chances on these long shots are a GM's dream. If it doesn't work, nobody mentions it again. If it works, they are a genius. People say it doesn't cost anything so why not? Well if it doesn't work out, you are most likely trading assets at the deadline for a replacement. That is the cost of doing business this way. But prospects grow on trees so...

It costs plenty. Mainly because the window is only open so long for a team that is embracing an upswing and actually improving it's core roster and is just a player or 2 from really nailing it and vaulting themselves to true contenders for a division title yearly and a 'given' of an appearance post season in 1 capacity or another.

This is the best roster and position the M's have found themselves in 20yrs. And they are pinching pennies and bargain shopping ?? makes no sense.

It's like asking your dream girl in high school to the prom and she actually says yes, and then you blow the whole night by taking her to dinner at Arby's while your tool box older brother chaperones you around all night in his smelly beater.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best roster and position the M's have found themselves in 20yrs. And they are pinching pennies and bargain shopping ?? makes no sense.
It makes sense if winning it all isn't the goal. I wonder if it is.

It's like asking your dream girl in high school to the prom and she actually says yes, and then you blow the whole night by taking her to dinner at Arby's while your tool box older brother chaperones you around all night in his smelly beater.
Sorry about your prom. :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed but is there an FA he has signed that should make the opening day roster. You can say Pollack but if all things go with the plan of Kelenic finally reaches his potential then that Pollack spot would go to a bullpen arm.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My issue is where is he going to “find his bat”. Lots of hopes and prayers with their signings but I’m not sure how they can find AB’s to say someone has gotten their bat back. Same with the bullpen arms they got, there aren’t innings for them to get to say they are good pickups unless they run them out like Montero a few years back.