• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Rockies: July 20th & 21st

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's allI got.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splitting with the Rockies here last month was a bad result as they were like 5-27 on the road at the time. Of course Sheffield took the loss IIRC, so that's not so surprising I suppose. A split here would be good.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelenic isn’t looking any different then his first stint. Starting to get concerned here
I agree. I think calling him up was a mistake. IMO his issues are more mental than anything and a month in AAA was not nearly enough to correct it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think calling him up was a mistake. IMO his issues are more mental than anything and a month in AAA was not nearly enough to correct it.
Problem is there is literally nothing he can work on in AAA. I mean Trammell and Marmo have gone down to Tacoma and look like Barry Bonds. Mentally maybe he isn’t ready to be an everyday starter but he isn’t going to get mentally tougher by going back down struggle for a couple of weeks then become the best player on the team and wait for the call up again. Covid really hurt he and Evan White badly.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelenic isn’t looking any different then his first stint. Starting to get concerned here
agree 100%

I dreaded see him come to the plate middle of the game around 6th inning - scored tied 2-2 and go ahead run on 2nd base with just 1 out.
yea he moved the runner to 3rd with a weak ground ball to the right side of the infield, but previous 2 at bats K'd swinging at horrific breaking pitches well off the plate and near hitting the ground before getting to the catcher.

He is up there just flailing away at everything. The longer he waves at all these balls clearly off the plate.... the more of those pitches he will see. No big league pitcher is gonna throw him a ball over the plate if they know he will swing at balls well out of the strike zone.

And his drama with the umps strike zone better come to an end quick, some young kid struggling like him making all the face and body gestures while in the box or just after getting rung up will not sit well with all the umps, and further hurt his cause moving forward.

If he is batting over .225 by the end of the year I will be surprised.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its definitely mental, and every time he Ks you can see him visibly frustrated and hard on himself which isnt helping anything.

Whether this is all him putting to much pressure on himself or him not handling outside noise I'm not sure.

But this isnt a rookie thing as other rookies are doing much better. Hopefully Raleigh doesnt look as lost because then you have to ask the organizational question.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is there is literally nothing he can work on in AAA. I mean Trammell and Marmo have gone down to Tacoma and look like Barry Bonds. Mentally maybe he isn’t ready to be an everyday starter but he isn’t going to get mentally tougher by going back down struggle for a couple of weeks then become the best player on the team and wait for the call up again. Covid really hurt he and Evan White badly.
yeah 2020 hurt a lot of guys. I dont love to ever give the organization excuses but there is no substitute for lost time.

I think France has handled first base well enough that I'd prefer White spend all next year in the minors.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree 100%

I dreaded see him come to the plate middle of the game around 6th inning - scored tied 2-2 and go ahead run on 2nd base with just 1 out.
yea he moved the runner to 3rd with a weak ground ball to the right side of the infield, but previous 2 at bats K'd swinging at horrific breaking pitches well off the plate and near hitting the ground before getting to the catcher.

He is up there just flailing away at everything. The longer he waves at all these balls clearly off the plate.... the more of those pitches he will see. No big league pitcher is gonna throw him a ball over the plate if they know he will swing at balls well out of the strike zone.

And his drama with the umps strike zone better come to an end quick, some young kid struggling like him making all the face and body gestures while in the box or just after getting rung up will not sit well with all the umps, and further hurt his cause moving forward.

If he is batting over .225 by the end of the year I will be surprised.
most of his Abs are the same. He gets one hittable pitch that he either takes or his late on and fouls back. Then eventually he just has to chase the pitchers pitch because he's been behind in every count. I'd to see him attack fastballs early in counts

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont get this. They had an off day so you can use Flexen on 4 days rest.

They are like 1-8 in bullpen games so I dont get the reasoning behind doing them when you dont have to.

If they end up missing a playoff spot by a couple games, I'm gonna go ahead and point to these games that they are essentially punting.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah 2020 hurt a lot of guys. I dont love to ever give the organization excuses but there is no substitute for lost time.

I think France has handled first base well enough that I'd prefer White spend all next year in the minors.
White for sure could use seasoning, he wasn’t an overly dominant in AA and didn’t get AAA. That was just my thing with sending Kelenic down is that IMO there isn’t a point because there is nothing he can gain back down there. Maybe AA which is highly doubtful but players go to Tacoma, look like gods offensively this year then come up and are eh. Torrens is a different scenario because he struggled offensively and defensively and they were having him get reps at 1B.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird this bullpen day is off to a predictably bad start. Its almost like bullpen days should be used in emergencies only and not something used in 10% of your games

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently W-L record in bullpen games is too simple of a stat to consider for someone as buried in analytics as Dipoto.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird this bullpen day is off to a predictably bad start. Its almost like bullpen days should be used in emergencies only and not something used in 10% of your games
Hell I remember when they used to call up starters from AAA in emergencies. Apparently that's too regressive for the likes of Dipoto and Servais.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we bring up a starter from Tacoma and he doesn’t start the game but relieves for an opener who’s never started. Why are we outsmarting ourselves here

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we bring up a starter from Tacoma and he doesn’t start the game but relieves for an opener who’s never started. Why are we outsmarting ourselves here

Because some team a few years ago made the playoffs with this strategy and so it must be the strategy of the future, or some such nonsense.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call a great big bullshit on this one.