• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Moving on... vs New England Talk

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... we done with the insane hyperbole and ultra overreactions following Sunday's loss yet? lol

The team has played great at home and an elite pass rush has always been how you make Brady and that offense appear human.

I envision a very strong bounce back performance here and a lot of energy/passion from the team at Soldier Field. The D comes out with a chip on it's shoulder and Trubisky continues throwing the ball well vs a subpar NE defense. I think we pull the victory off.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Belichek is going to eat Nagys lunch. Their defense got torched by the chiefs last week, but you got to believe they can build on that performance as we run the same offense with worse offensive weapons. Hopefully the defense can keep us in it, but I predict a close game and that makes me think Nagy will go full fetus mode near the end. I’m very doubtful that we win this.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Belichek is going to eat Nagys lunch. Their defense got torched by the chiefs last week, but you got to believe they can build on that performance as we run the same offense with worse offensive weapons. Hopefully the defense can keep us in it, but I predict a close game and that makes me think Nagy will go full fetus mode near the end. I’m very doubtful that we win this.

Funny, I'm feeling rather confident about this one. Good matchup for us, at home where we've played well and I'd say the chances are slim-to-none that we're not as hungry as we have been all season after the way last week went down. I expect a big bounce back performance by the D. I don't think NE's D really has much of an ability to shutdown anyone.

With vs NYJ, at BUF and vs DET coming up... a win here could get us squarely back on pace for a 6-2 or 7-2 start.

If we were at NE - I would not be confident. However, I like us in this spot at home. Especially seeing as a little bit of a let down after that wild one last week from NE would not shock me.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would feel a lot better if I knew if Mack were healthy.

I assume he won't practice all week.

It most definitely limited him Sunday, and apparently our D is a shell of itself without him.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with richi. Not sure we can win this game but i feel confident and good in it. I think the Bears will come out swinging and can definitely win this game if they can continue to put the pieces together on both sides of the ball.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't feel good at all about this game.

Again, we just made Brock Osweiler look like Brady, and now we actually have to PLAY AGAINST BRADY?

The addition of Edelman has made New England virtually impossible to stop. We might be able to pressure Brady, but they will adjust and we, as usual, will not...

On offense? This screams like one of those games where there is NO reason why our offense shouldn't hum, which is why I believe we will out think ourselves and falter. Call it a gut feeling.

Yes, I'm a pessimist, but we are playing the best organization in the NFL from the past 10-20 years and we simply aren't there yet. They have had time to work the kinks out since the early season and seem to be firing on all cylinders. Not liking this one at all.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't feel good at all about this game.

Again, we just made Brock Osweiler look like Brady, and now we actually have to PLAY AGAINST BRADY?

The addition of Edelman has made New England virtually impossible to stop. We might be able to pressure Brady, but they will adjust and we, as usual, will not...

On offense? This screams like one of those games where there is NO reason why our offense shouldn't hum, which is why I believe we will out think ourselves and falter. Call it a gut feeling.

Yes, I'm a pessimist, but we are playing the best organization in the NFL from the past 10-20 years and we simply aren't there yet. They have had time to work the kinks out since the early season and seem to be firing on all cylinders. Not liking this one at all.

In fairness, every team shits the bed now and then, what happened against Brock has zero bearing on any game going forward.

Patriots lost to the Jags AND Detroit. Does that determine them going forward? Of course not. The rest of your post is fine and makes sense. The Brock stuff is completely irrelevant.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, every team shits the bed now and then, what happened against Brock has zero bearing on any game going forward.

Patriots lost to the Jags AND Detroit. Does that determine them going forward? Of course not. The rest of your post is fine and makes sense. The Brock stuff is completely irrelevant.

Again, they lost to the Lions and Jags closer to the beginning of the season and the Pats have some recent history of stumbling out of the gate a bit, then the pundits want to shovel dirt on Brady's career and then he and the Patriots go on a 10 game winning streak...

No reason to suspect anything different here. White and Michel are looking like a VERY versatile RB duo and again, Edelman being back is HUGE for them... And they still have Gronkowski... Pick your poison, we're in trouble IMO...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, this is a logical fallacy. Brady and the Pats also got hammered by the 2-3 Lions. Who would probably lose to half of the league... that doesn't mean the Pats would lose to half of the league.

Osweiler didn't play a good game. We picked him twice and he made some very poor throws. Got the benefit of some huge runs after the catch on very rudimentary throws. The D has been utterly great for us and reading too much into the Miami game is recency bias at it's finest.

We matchup well with the Pats. Our strengths are what has hurt them the most from the defensive side. They have a great TE... but their weapons are far from special. Their D should not shut anyone down. Especially on the road.

A game we should win. IMO

Again, they lost to the Lions and Jags closer to the beginning of the season

They lost to the Lions the 3rd game of the season. We lost to Miami the 5th and in a much, MUCH more respectable fashion. lol

You're reading WAAAYYYY too much into one game. Most teams who advance in the playoffs have at least one head shaking game like that in a season. Especially on the road. Chill out a bit. Look over the body of work. We're a couple plays away from being 5-0 and have the 4th best point differential in the NFL. Our D has been savage for 4 games and had a rough 2nd half in the 5th. Who gives a shit?

Have to roll with the punches in the NFL. Can't be swinging back and forth week-to-week from elation to disgust based on every individual performance.

Even keel...

Last week should be a fantastic learning experience for this young staff and team.

Last edited:

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is a logical fallacy. Brady and the Pats also got hammered by the 2-3 Lions. Who would probably lose to half of the league... that doesn't mean the Pats would lose to half of the league.

Osweiler didn't play a good game. We picked him twice and he made some very poor throws. Got the benefit of some huge runs after the catch on very rudimentary throws. The D has been utterly great for us and reading too much into the Miami game is recency bias at it's finest.

We matchup well with the Pats. Our strengths are what has hurt them the most from the defensive side. They have a great TE... but their weapons are far from special. Their D should not shut anyone down. Especially on the road.

They lost to the Lions the 3rd game of the season. We lost to Miami the 5th and in a much, MUCH more respectable fashion. lol

You're reading WAAAYYYY too much into one game. Most teams who advance in the playoffs have at least one head shaking game like that in a season. Especially on the road. Chill out a bit. Look over the body of work. We're a couple plays away from being 5-0 and have the 4th best point differential in the NFL. Our D has been savage for 4 games and had a rough 2nd half in the 5th. Who gives a shit?

Have to roll with the punches in the NFL. Can't be swinging back and forth week-to-week from elation to disgust based on every individual performance.

Even keel...

Last week should be a fantastic learning experience for this young staff and team.

Again, New England has a HISTORY of stumbling out of the gate...

KNOW YOUR OPPONENT RICH!!!

If you think we're getting the same Pats team Detroit faced, you're delusional.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even keel...

You’re so delusional. The pats have added Edelman and josh Gordon to the mix since they lost to the Jags and Lions. We aren’t playing the same team that lost those games. I hope we win, but I don’t give this team that much of a chance. Especially when Nagy goes super conservative when he should get creative at the end of close games.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re so delusional. The pats have added Edelman and josh Gordon to the mix since they lost to the Jags and Lions. We aren’t playing the same team that lost those games. I hope we win, but I don’t give this team that much of a chance. Especially when Nagy goes super conservative when he should get creative at the end of close games.

I agree. I think our D will have a hard time stopping them and Trubisky will be tricked into throwing atleast a couple of picks. If we don't get turnovers it'll be hard to win this game. But I've been wrong in the Miami game too...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right,Osweiler is not tom brady,but Osweiler still threw for 380 yds...…….if he can do that to our d,then brady can throw for over 400 with no ot to do it...…….Especially if we are without Mack.

I think this is a horrible time to face NE,they are just starting to get the ball rolling.....…To be the best,you gotta beat the best.

Its a true test for us to see where our team stands if our team is healthy...…...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right,Osweiler is not tom brady,but Osweiler still threw for 380 yds...…….if he can do that to our d,then brady can throw for over 400 with no ot to do it...…….Especially if we are without Mack.

I think this is a horrible time to face NE,they are just starting to get the ball rolling.....…To be the best,you gotta beat the best.

Its a true test for us to see where our team stands if our team is healthy...…...

The NFL is so fickle and such a week-to-week league. What a team did a week ago means nothing.

On paper, I think the Bears actually match up decently with them. Now that means nothing either, but I hope it'll be a good game. I think our Offense can do some things against their D, and I think our D is capable of disrupting their O.

Whether they will or not is anyone's guess.

Can't wait to see.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is so fickle and such a week-to-week league. What a team did a week ago means nothing.

On paper, I think the Bears actually match up decently with them. Now that means nothing either, but I hope it'll be a good game. I think our Offense can do some things against their D, and I think our D is capable of disrupting their O.

Whether they will or not is anyone's guess.

Can't wait to see.

Fickle for some,but NE is a different breed and they are just now getting the ball a roll`n………

Their d doesn't scare me,its our d vs brady and co.....They have an damn good rookie in Sony Michel and a very good james white...……..we are gonna need our A game Sunday...….

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fickle for some,but NE is a different breed and they are just now getting the ball a roll`n………

Their d doesn't scare me,its our d vs brady and co.....They have an damn good rookie in Sony Michel and a very good james white...……..we are gonna need our A game Sunday...….
We could very well have enough to bother Brady enough to get some stops while if our offense clicks, can make it so they need to score 30+ on us to win. If that's the case then we've certainly got a shot. I expect us to play surprisingly well, and i'm surprisingly feeling good about us winning, for some reason.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....we made it 6 weeks without the fucking injury bug hitting us, and then it seems it's trying to make up for it all in one week. :sigh:

I suppose no team is without nicks and bruises at this point.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The homer in me says the Bears can and will win this game.
The analyst in me says the Bears can and will lose this game.
Here's to hoping emotion wins out over logic.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38 - 16 Bears. The D got over heated in Mia late, that won't happen here. Bears are 4 real and you guys should be ashamed of yourselves.