• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Moving on...Offseason

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you all looking for..anything stick out to you?

Prob need to start with who becomes the DC and OC. Apparently Schiano is set to join the team, but no one knows it what way. Reports also show that he is bringing in a LB coach with him, Smith from Univ of Minn. SO, that means he is the DC and Flores is out OR, Flores is the new DC, Smith replaces Flores as the LB coach and Schiano is Ast HC and Defensive consultant.

I for am and fine with bringing in someone from the outside for this defense. I think we need some new ideas and fresh blood.

Pretty sure O'Shea takes over the OC. Cool, the offense will remain the same and should role.

Just a few mentions:
-Like to see Solder back
-Will Marty B play?
-Will Gronk play?
-Resign Lewis and Rex?
-Gotta get better on defense. Need some major talent at LB.
-Would love Talib back opposite of Gillmore.
-Don't fuck around in the draft an take 7th rd talent (Richards) in the 2nd rd!!!!

That's all I got....feel free to add on!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OFFENSE

QB Brady, Hoyer - Time to draft the guy who will be taking Brady's place

RB Lewis(resign), Gillislee, Burkhead(resign), White - If the Pats can resign Lewis anbd Burkhead RB is set

FB Devlin - May look for a guy who can do more than situational football

WR Edelman, Cooks, Amendola, Dorsett, Mitchell, Hogan IF JE and MM come back healthy, WR is all set. May try to pick up a 6'4" or 6'5" kid in the draft.

TE Gronkowski, Bennett, Allen - Might want to see if there's a big TE in the draft who could be the future.

C Andrews - Karras was more than adequate as a back up and he plays G

OT Solder, Cannon, LaWaddle, Fleming, Garcia, Croston - If Solder can be signed reasonably and Garcia is over whatever his problem is then the left side will be ok. Cannon has to be able to get over the ankle. Think that another OT is really needed.

OG Thuney, Mason, Karras, Jelks - This group is still getting better. If these four can come back, it's all set.

DEFENSE

DT Brown, Guy, Butler, Branch, Flowers, Valentine, Jean Francios, Davis - This group is young and quick. They lack power to crush the opposing pocket. It would be great to add a Fletcher Cox type to this group.

DE Grissom, Lee, Wise, Rivers, Harrison - Harrison is fine. Rivers and Wise are really good and need to pick up their game and really bend the learning curve. Grissom and Lee need to be replaced with some speed and power. This may be one of the weak spots.

LB Roberts, Harris, Van Noy, McClellin, Hightower, Flowers, Grigsby, Reilly, Langi - Roberts, Grigsby and Reilly were the worst of this lot and need to be replaced with bigger, faster LBs. The real need is to keep up with the changing offenses and have someone who can cover the TE from the line of scrimmage to 30 yards up field.

CB Gilmore, Rowe, Jones J, Jones C, Bademosi - Gilmore certainly came into his own over the final half of the season and especially the playoffs. J. Jones was playing excellent until his leg injury. Bademosi was exposed in the SB as was Rowe. C. Jones will not be playing CB. If he can't get backas the returner, he's gone. This is where BB has to find a real player, be it in FA or the draft. The guys he finds better be taller than 6' because the WRs are not getting smaller.

S McCourty, Chung, Richard, Ebner, Harmon, King - This group is pretty solid for now but Richard has to go.

K Gostkowsi - OK

P Allen - OK Needs to work on bad snap holds

LS Cardona - Needs to improve long snaps

ST Slater - Still a Pro Bowler

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why the Pats would keep Dorsett, if they are keeping Cooks. I would rather add depth elsewhere, Allen at TE showed little to no value IMO would not mind seeing him gone. I would love to see the Pats grab a RT somewhere. I would like to see a CB and safety I am unimpressed with Richard and Bademosi.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prob need to start with who becomes the DC and OC. Apparently Schiano is set to join the team, but no one knows it what way. Reports also show that he is bringing in a LB coach with him, Smith from Univ of Minn. SO, that means he is the DC and Flores is out OR, Flores is the new DC, Smith replaces Flores as the LB coach and Schiano is Ast HC and Defensive consultant.

I for am and fine with bringing in someone from the outside for this defense. I think we need some new ideas and fresh blood.

Pretty sure O'Shea takes over the OC. Cool, the offense will remain the same and should role.

Just a few mentions:
-Like to see Solder back
-Will Marty B play?
-Will Gronk play?
-Resign Lewis and Rex?
-Don't fuck around in the draft an take 7th rd talent (Richards) in the 2nd rd!!!!

LB, DE and Safety. Chung has played BALLS OUT but I think he is on the edge of his cliff.
Marty B will play.
Would Love to have Talib opposite Gillmore.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Love to have Talib opposite Gillmore.

The only problem is that Talib is 33. That and he walked away from NE.

Here's the list of Free Agent Cornerbacks:(My picks **)

Kenneth Acker UFA Chiefs
Jude Adjei-Barimah RFA Buccaneers
Prince Amukamara UFA Bears**
Johnson Bademosi UFA Patriots
Keith Baxter ERFA Chiefs
Bene Benwikere UFA Cowboys
Justin Bethel UFA Cardinals
Breon Borders ERFA Bills
Brandon Boykin UFA Ravens
Delvin Breaux RFA Saints
Bashaud Breeland UFA Redskins
Tramaine Brock UFA Vikings
Darius Butler UFA Colts
Malcolm Butler UFA Patriots
Bryce Callahan RFA Bears
Travis Carrie UFA Raiders
Morris Claiborne UFA Jets
Ross Cockrell UFA Giants
Justin Coleman RFA Seahawks
Aaron Colvin UFA Jaguars
Michael Davis ERFA Chargers
Pierre Desir UFA Colts
Brandon Dixon ERFA Giants
Greg Ducre RFA Chargers
Quinton Dunbar RFA Redskins
Javien Elliott ERFA Buccaneers
Deshazor Everett RFA Redskins
Kyle Fuller UFA Bears
E.J. Gaines UFA Bills
Phillip Gaines UFA Chiefs
Demetri Goodson UFA Packers
Brent Grimes UFA Buccaneers
LaDarius Gunter RFA Panthers
Leon Hall UFA 49ers
DeAngelo Hall UFA Redskins
Erik Harris ERFA Raiders
D.J. Hayden UFA Lions
Troy Hill RFA Rams
Mike Hilton ERFA Steelers
Davon House UFA Packers
Demontre Hurst UFA Titans
Asa Jackson UFA 49ers
Stanley Jean-Baptiste ERFA Ravens
Leonard Johnson UFA Bills
Dontae Johnson UFA 49ers**
Trumaine Johnson UFA Rams**
Johnathan Joseph UFA Texans **
Nevin Lawson UFA Lions
Greg Mabin ERFA 49ers
Craig Mager RFA Chargers
Byron Maxwell UFA Seahawks
Brice McCain UFA Titans
Robert McClain UFA Buccaneers
Leon McFadden UFA Falcons
Sherrick McManis UFA Bears
Rashaan Melvin UFA Colts
Harlan Miller ERFA Cardinals
Chris Milton ERFA Colts
Terrance Mitchell RFA Chiefs
Sterling Moore UFA Saints
Darryl Morris UFA Giants
Terence Newman UFA Vikings
Deji Olatoye ERFA Falcons
Tyler Patmon RFA Jaguars
Lafayette Pitts ERFA Bills
Reggie Porter ERFA Browns
Keith Reaser UFA Chiefs
Curtis Riley ERFA Titans
David Rivers III ERFA Buccaneers
Nickell Robey-Coleman UFA Rams
Patrick Robinson UFA PHI
Marcus Sherels UFA Vikings
C.J. Smith ERFA Browns
Steven Terrell UFA Chiefs
Michael Tyson ERFA Seahawks
Alterraun Verner UFA Dolphins
B.W. Webb UFA Browns
Marcus Williams UFA Texans
Tramon Williams UFA Cardinals
Trevor Williams ERFA Chargers
Teddy Williams UFA Panthers
Blidi Wreh-Wilson UFA Falcons
Shareece Wright UFA Bills
Ronald Zamort ERFA Cardinals

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem is that Talib is 33. That and he walked away from NE.

Here's the list of Free Agent Cornerbacks:(My picks **)

Kenneth Acker UFA Chiefs
Jude Adjei-Barimah RFA Buccaneers
Prince Amukamara UFA Bears**
Johnson Bademosi UFA Patriots
Keith Baxter ERFA Chiefs
Bene Benwikere UFA Cowboys
Justin Bethel UFA Cardinals
Breon Borders ERFA Bills
Brandon Boykin UFA Ravens
Delvin Breaux RFA Saints
Bashaud Breeland UFA Redskins
Tramaine Brock UFA Vikings
Darius Butler UFA Colts
Malcolm Butler UFA Patriots
Bryce Callahan RFA Bears
Travis Carrie UFA Raiders
Morris Claiborne UFA Jets
Ross Cockrell UFA Giants
Justin Coleman RFA Seahawks
Aaron Colvin UFA Jaguars
Michael Davis ERFA Chargers
Pierre Desir UFA Colts
Brandon Dixon ERFA Giants
Greg Ducre RFA Chargers
Quinton Dunbar RFA Redskins
Javien Elliott ERFA Buccaneers
Deshazor Everett RFA Redskins
Kyle Fuller UFA Bears
E.J. Gaines UFA Bills
Phillip Gaines UFA Chiefs
Demetri Goodson UFA Packers
Brent Grimes UFA Buccaneers
LaDarius Gunter RFA Panthers
Leon Hall UFA 49ers
DeAngelo Hall UFA Redskins
Erik Harris ERFA Raiders
D.J. Hayden UFA Lions
Troy Hill RFA Rams
Mike Hilton ERFA Steelers
Davon House UFA Packers
Demontre Hurst UFA Titans
Asa Jackson UFA 49ers
Stanley Jean-Baptiste ERFA Ravens
Leonard Johnson UFA Bills
Dontae Johnson UFA 49ers**
Trumaine Johnson UFA Rams**
Johnathan Joseph UFA Texans **
Nevin Lawson UFA Lions
Greg Mabin ERFA 49ers
Craig Mager RFA Chargers
Byron Maxwell UFA Seahawks
Brice McCain UFA Titans
Robert McClain UFA Buccaneers
Leon McFadden UFA Falcons
Sherrick McManis UFA Bears
Rashaan Melvin UFA Colts
Harlan Miller ERFA Cardinals
Chris Milton ERFA Colts
Terrance Mitchell RFA Chiefs
Sterling Moore UFA Saints
Darryl Morris UFA Giants
Terence Newman UFA Vikings
Deji Olatoye ERFA Falcons
Tyler Patmon RFA Jaguars
Lafayette Pitts ERFA Bills
Reggie Porter ERFA Browns
Keith Reaser UFA Chiefs
Curtis Riley ERFA Titans
David Rivers III ERFA Buccaneers
Nickell Robey-Coleman UFA Rams
Patrick Robinson UFA PHI
Marcus Sherels UFA Vikings
C.J. Smith ERFA Browns
Steven Terrell UFA Chiefs
Michael Tyson ERFA Seahawks
Alterraun Verner UFA Dolphins
B.W. Webb UFA Browns
Marcus Williams UFA Texans
Tramon Williams UFA Cardinals
Trevor Williams ERFA Chargers
Teddy Williams UFA Panthers
Blidi Wreh-Wilson UFA Falcons
Shareece Wright UFA Bills
Ronald Zamort ERFA Cardinals

Wow, that's a lot of CB's.

Not Gaines? He's generally ranked high.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib and Richard Sherman are both available.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see them spending huge on another CB...if one of those guys comes cheap, fine, but looks like a good crop in the draft otherwise. Pretty weak FA crop overall, priority should be re-signing their own guys and working on extensions for Cooks, Trey Flowers, and Shaq.

Solder played really well after a bad start. Would be great if they can get him signed up for another year or two while developing Garcia and Croston, but between his own and his son's health issues, I wonder if he might retire.

Amendola should have multiple suitors in FA, will he take less than he's worth again to stay, or will he chase his last lucrative payday. With Cooks, Hogan, and Dorsett all FA after this season and Edelman and Mitchell's health status uncertain and a deep draft class, this should be a position that gets attention in April.

A QB will most likely be drafted, but with Hoyer here it won't have to be forced...they don't have to get the heir this year, but they probably at least need to get someone ready to be the #2 in 2019.

Lewis and Burkhead should be able to be re-signed at reasonable dollars, but if anybody wants to pay them more than what White is getting, it'll be time to move on. Will Gillislee get a chance to prove his worth again, or will they take the $2+ M in cap savings and move on?

Bennett, Harris, Branch, McClellin, Britt are all bye bye, IMO. That's like $15MM in cap space right there. Allen could be a cap casualty, as well...he's not a zero, but I don't think he did enough to justify his cap hit...another $5MM in savings.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bennett will resign for 2 years. Playing alongside Gronk Makes life easy and I'm sure Bennett and BB had an agreement when Bennett signed.

Lewis will get a mega-offer and most likely move on. He says he wants to stay but you know that someteam will offer him at least $7M a year and BB won't go that high. Burkhead will most likely re-sign for somewhere around $3M. He's worth it.

McClellin will also re-sign. There won't be many teams looking to sign a LB that missed the entire year with an ACL/MCL repair that hasn't been game tested. I think Alan Branch will be back also. I think Harrison was in the perfect spot and likes the role he's playing. If he's not looking to break the bank, BB will make it worth his while to spend another year in Foxboro. Britt was a waste and so was Dwayne Allen.

The draft will be a hoot for posters this year......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just a few mentions:
-Like to see Solder back
-Will Marty B play?
-Will Gronk play?
-Resign Lewis and Rex?

Right now Patriots have the 7th worst cap situation in the NFL just in raw cap dollars. And unless they are willing to lose Cooks and/or Bennett there is not much more they can do to get a ton of cap space. Maybe once again redo Brady's deal I guess. All of this to say not sure the Pats have the ability to do a whole lot other than the draft. As of right now I would say they have just enough to cover the draft, RFA, Practice Squad players, and then have that emergency money needed.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I alluded to at the end of post 9, they could cut 6 guys that didn't play in the SB and Dwayne Allen and create almost $23MM in cap space. They'll be just fine.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I alluded to at the end of post 9, they could cut 6 guys that didn't play in the SB and Dwayne Allen and create almost $23MM in cap space. They'll be just fine.

You realize the post I responded to had them included in trying to keep them on the team right? They were wanting Bennett back on the team making that $23 million jump down to under $17 mil. They will spend about $6 million on their draft class as well. So let's say they keep Bennett at his cap hit but make those other cuts to get that $17 million saved. So add that $17 million to the $14 million it looks like they will have heading into this next offseason. That gives them about $31 million in cap space. So minus the draft class they are now down to $25 million. They have a couple of RFA and ERFA's that they probably try to re-sign. That is another $1 million. So now $24 million. Most teams like to leave about $5-10 million in emergency money for the season. We will split that and just say $7 million. So now down to about $17 million in actual spendable cap money. Not terrible as they can make a couple of moves but nothing special either. And again that was with all of your cuts happening. Without those cuts the Patriots have 0 money to spend. I doubt they make all of those cuts but if they do I would say the Pats could add maybe 2 impact FA's tops. The rest would be bargain bin shopping.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize the post I responded to had them included in trying to keep them on the team right? They were wanting Bennett back on the team making that $23 million jump down to under $17 mil. They will spend about $6 million on their draft class as well. So let's say they keep Bennett at his cap hit but make those other cuts to get that $17 million saved. So add that $17 million to the $14 million it looks like they will have heading into this next offseason. That gives them about $31 million in cap space. So minus the draft class they are now down to $25 million. They have a couple of RFA and ERFA's that they probably try to re-sign. That is another $1 million. So now $24 million. Most teams like to leave about $5-10 million in emergency money for the season. We will split that and just say $7 million. So now down to about $17 million in actual spendable cap money. Not terrible as they can make a couple of moves but nothing special either. And again that was with all of your cuts happening. Without those cuts the Patriots have 0 money to spend. I doubt they make all of those cuts but if they do I would say the Pats could add maybe 2 impact FA's tops. The rest would be bargain bin shopping.

They don't need anything more than a few FA splashes. I think we can get better by just getting some guys back, esp on offense. We should know pretty soon about Marty B as he is due a bonus pretty soon. Defense they get HT back, BB can use Rowe as CB #2 and draft another one. We have Cy Jones, John Jones coming back. They should be able to cover the defense in the draft. Offense is pretty set with the only question Solder.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see them spending huge on another CB...if one of those guys comes cheap, fine, but looks like a good crop in the draft otherwise. Pretty weak FA crop overall, priority should be re-signing their own guys and working on extensions for Cooks, Trey Flowers, and Shaq.

Solder played really well after a bad start. Would be great if they can get him signed up for another year or two while developing Garcia and Croston, but between his own and his son's health issues, I wonder if he might retire.

Amendola should have multiple suitors in FA, will he take less than he's worth again to stay, or will he chase his last lucrative payday. With Cooks, Hogan, and Dorsett all FA after this season and Edelman and Mitchell's health status uncertain and a deep draft class, this should be a position that gets attention in April.

A QB will most likely be drafted, but with Hoyer here it won't have to be forced...they don't have to get the heir this year, but they probably at least need to get someone ready to be the #2 in 2019.

Lewis and Burkhead should be able to be re-signed at reasonable dollars, but if anybody wants to pay them more than what White is getting, it'll be time to move on. Will Gillislee get a chance to prove his worth again, or will they take the $2+ M in cap savings and move on?

Bennett, Harris, Branch, McClellin, Britt are all bye bye, IMO. That's like $15MM in cap space right there. Allen could be a cap casualty, as well...he's not a zero, but I don't think he did enough to justify his cap hit...another $5MM in savings.

Ya know...I think Solder is back. His son is getting chemo again and apparently his son's cancer is 100% curable with the right treatments and everything (that's what I read). So would he want to leave the hospitals and Dr's that have been seeing his son over the past few yrs, I know I wouldn't. Maybe we can get him for another 2 yr's and then he retires. I just can't see him leaving. BB knows how hard it is to find LT's. The guy I think is gone, is Cannon. Flemming did a fine job and we can see what Garcia has at RT for now.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Fleming and Waddle both FA's and no meaningful cap relief to be had from his deal this year I'd be very surprised to see Cannon go.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Fleming and Waddle both FA's and no meaningful cap relief to be had from his deal this year I'd be very surprised to see Cannon go.

I keep forgetting both are FA...Maybe they get Fleming back, he seems to be the healthy one of the 2.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots announced that they have signed 10 free agents.

OL James Ferentz, WR Cody Hollister, DB David Jones, OL Jason King, CB Ryan Lewis, WR Riley McCarron, LB Trevor Reilly, DB Damarius Travis, TE Will Tye and CB Jomal Wiltz all finished the season on the New England practice squad

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep forgetting both are FA...Maybe they get Fleming back, he seems to be the healthy one of the 2.
Would be nice if they can keep at least one. The dearth of even competent OL play around the league leaves me inclined to believe they'll have much more lucrative offers elsewhere, though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need anything more than a few FA splashes. I think we can get better by just getting some guys back, esp on offense. We should know pretty soon about Marty B as he is due a bonus pretty soon. Defense they get HT back, BB can use Rowe as CB #2 and draft another one. We have Cy Jones, John Jones coming back. They should be able to cover the defense in the draft. Offense is pretty set with the only question Solder.

I agree they don't need a whole lot. They are championship caliber as is. Obviously some big changes needed to the defense but it improves just by some of the guys coming off IR. Now even there though they did show a weakness in just a lack of depth to cover up for those guys. Have to expect some big injuries again next year so I would say one of the biggest things of importance to improve on is depth.

The Patriots should be right in the thick of things again next year.