• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Move Panthers home opener to Orlando

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a stray dog, Buttons, in my neighborhood when I was a kid. Back then people would feed strays and they would hang around during the day, going away at night to sleep in some secret place. One day a house on my block burned to the ground and people thought they saw Buttons close to the flames. We worried he died but a few days later my neighbor found Button's den behind his shed. It had numerous books of matches and several accelerants in it. Buttons had attempted a murderous rampage and during a community meeting we all agreed he needed to be stopped. Then we smelled smoke.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep+Thoughts+logo.jpg

bCL6EVa.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a stray dog, Buttons, in my neighborhood when I was a kid. Back then people would feed strays and they would hang around during the day, going away at night to sleep in some secret place. One day a house on my block burned to the ground and people thought they saw Buttons close to the flames. We worried he died but a few days later my neighbor found Button's den behind his shed. It had numerous books of matches and several accelerants in it. Buttons had attempted a murderous rampage and during a community meeting we all agreed he needed to be stopped. Then we smelled smoke.

eventually buttons moved to calgary and became gm of the hockey team there

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro. Do you know when the Season starts?

Maybe you should check it before you offer your idiotic ideas.

Irma should be long gone October and the Miami area should be ready.

Just saying

V0NEG.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro. Do you know when the Season starts?

Maybe you should check it before you offer your idiotic ideas.

Irma should be long gone October and the Miami area should be ready.

Just saying

He might be on to something. According to some reports. Orlando is closer to Miami than the Panthers arena.

Plus, if it's in Orlando, all they need to do is hang a sign outside the arena that says "Character Breakfast" and tourist parents of bratty kids will buy tickets and be trapped inside before they realize it has nothing to do with Disney Princesses. It's the only way you can get people to pay to watch Panthers Hockey.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be on to something. According to some reports. Orlando is closer to Miami than the Panthers arena.

Plus, if it's in Orlando, all they need to do is hang a sign outside the arena that says "Character Breakfast" and tourist parents of bratty kids will buy tickets and be trapped inside before they realize it has nothing to do with Disney Princesses. It's the only way you can get people to pay to watch Panthers Hockey.

Shh. Not so loud.

I think he was thinking about IRMA but as i stated eariler. It should be long gone by October

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we tried to exit the Moose Lodge Meeting hall the door was hard to open. After we forced it open we saw the bodies of Mel and JoJo - two beloved hobos- propped against them. Buttons must have tore them to pieces and propped them there to try to trap us. We ran narrowly escaping the flames and we realized Buttons had made his first mistake. He was trapped on a dead end street. We fanned out to try to corner him and soon we saw a shape whimpering under a streetlight. It was Paddington, Miss Reynold's goldendoodle! He was tore up real bad so we called the pet ambulance and waited impatiently, all the while looking over our shoulders for a Jap attack from Buttons (no offense to the orientals). We loaded Paddington into the ambulance and they sped off as we resumed our search. Soon we saw another shape - it was the skinned carcass of Paddington! Buttons was attempting to escape!

Last edited:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey comeds, stop being a forum pigeon :D

/Of course I'm kidding, please continue lol

Last edited:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey comeds, stop being a forum pigeon :D

/Of course I'm kidding, please continue lol

In 5 years you'll see the genius in moving games before anything happens. You'll see. You all just can't handle this kind of outside the box thinking.

Instead of shooting down his idea so quickly, try an approach that uses EMPATHY. Put yourself in the shoes of St. Louis or New York. You are first in your conference. Along comes some unseasonably warm April weather. Henrik Lundqvist gets dehydrated because it's so hot (and he's wearing some kind of leather Euro-suit). You face a team with 15-20 fewer wins than you have. You lose!!

Now if you'd re-scheduled that game to Iqaluit in February, it's all good in the hood and the NHL's fans get to see the best teams with the best players. These ideas he presented have changed the rules of pro sports. Can any of you say that??? I didn't think so.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also, only in crap of now NHL will great ice sport like hockey be contest in large hurricane. Why must weather of today interfere with crap NHL system? Worst of NHL coaching allows surge of storm to stop high levels of scoring and against crap goalies too.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also, only in crap of now NHL will great ice sport like hockey be contest in large hurricane. Why must weather of today interfere with crap NHL system? Worst of NHL coaching allows surge of storm to stop high levels of scoring and against crap goalies too.

Yep

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
move the game or not I don't care. I want to know what happened with Buttons

Not everybody loves Buttons...

Dog owner Dean Borosevich was walking eight-year-old Buttons on Sunday when a woman approached them on Rosser Street near Lougheed Highway.

"She actually steps out of her way and gives Buttons a kick right in the ribs," Borosevich told CTV News.

Dean Borosevich holds Buttons during an interview with CTV News on Monday, May 8, 2017.

Buttons "freaked out" and may have been injured, he said, so he pulled out his phone to record evidence of the bizarre attack.

Police investigating after stranger attacks dog, owner in Burnaby

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you. Now I like the Buttons character.

Maybe Otis can bring him some food?

/I think @Comeds narrated this

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time we reached the pet ambulance it was too late. Paddington and both paramedics were goners - torn apart like a parking ticket on Easter morning. They never stood a chance. (side note – they found over 900 cans of tomato soup in one of the paramedic’s apartment when they cleaned it out. All different brands but all plain tomato soup) My friend Kevin and I decided we needed to do something ourselves. He decided he could wear a disguise and look old and helpless to try to draw Buttons into a trap (He had just seen the movie Nighthawks). I would circle behind Buttons and throw a net over the murderous beast as he moved in to attack. It was dangerous but were young and foolish. Besides, it was a good plan. What could go wrong?