• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West Power Rankings Week 5

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some changes this week, looks like we're in for a wild year

1. San Diego State - Struggled but managed to handle business against Northern Illinois, which is better than what they've done in the past. Now they go further into conference play taking on UNLV next.
2. Colorado State - Colorado State took a long road trip to Hawai'i and came out with a 51-21 destruction of the Rainbow Warriors, and let's not forget as Alabama dominates everyone, Colorado State scored 23 on them...3 more points than Alabama's other 4 opponents combined. Next is a tricky road trip to Utah State.
3. Utah State - Utah State has hit a stride suddenly as they blew out a struggling BYU, winning 40-24 and forcing a ridiculous 7 turnovers in the process.
4. New Mexico - New Mexico seems to have figured things out against Air Force as they've had their number, New Mexico was absolutely unstoppable offensively in a 56-38 win over Air Force... Let's not forget this is the same Air Force team that lost by 4 to San Diego State and gave Michigan a tough time on the road.
5. Wyoming - Wyoming finally found some more offense in taking on Texas State as they won in a 45-10 blowout, they get a bye week this week.
6. Air Force - Tough call here, Air Force seems like a good team but they're 1-3 right now. They did face a tough schedule and then took on a New Mexico team that seems to have their number, it doesn't get any easier because Air Force takes on an unbeaten Navy next.
7. Boise State - had a much needed bye week, now we all brace ourselves for a game between Boise State and BYU which will likely only feature touchdowns of the defensive variety because both these offenses suck.
8. Fresno State - Tough team to rank, Fresno State has been blown out by two of the best teams in the nation, and they have two blowout wins, but they're over a FCS opponent and one of the worst teams in FBS.
9. Hawai'i - Rough start to conference play for Hawai'i as they suffered yet another loss for an 0-2 start, overall Hawai'i has lost 3 straight after a 2-0 start. The perfect medicine arrives in back to back games against Nevada and San Jose State.
10. UNLV - They easily blew out San Jose State for their 2nd win of the year and they have since looked better since the loss to Howard but perhaps I still am punishing them a bit for that loss still, which by the way this ranking gives you an indication of just how far back I think the last two teams are.
11. San Jose State - I said last week that this looks like a rough year, it definitely still is. Them taking on Nevada on 11/11 will be a horrific battle of horribleness and a chance for both teams to actually get a win.
12. Nevada - another week another blowout loss for Nevada, like I said these two at the bottom are very bad.