• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mount Rushmore of movies

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smokey and the Bandit
True Grit(original)
O Brother Where Art Thou
Slingblade
I forgot about Smokey and the Bandit. Burt Reynolds owned the 70's. If you have never seen the original 1970's "The Longest Yard" do yourself a favor and watch it. It's a lot darker, and in my opinion way better than the goofy Adam Sandler remake.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bend over...me and the rest of the bar gonna look...
source.gif

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawshank
Aliens
Few Good Men
Caddyshack

My favorite movie is Shawshank. Great quotes. Great ending. One of the first bromances that works. And it's really all about hope. The Tommy part slows it down a tad, but if it's on at any part of the movie, I'm watching it until the end.

For my favorite action movie, there are several options. Could have went Die Hard. Could have gone T2. Favorite martial arts movie is Super Ninjas (Five Element Ninjas), followed closely by Five Deadly Venoms. But, when it first came out, I just thought Aliens had everything. Great story based on iconic original movie. Great action. Great ending. Not many times when the sequel is better than the original (Godfather II, Empire Strikes Back). I'm also counting this as a war movie.

While I already have one drama, I thought having a legal drama was key. I was really tempted to go Primal Fear here. But, whenever A Few Good Men comes on, just have to watch it through. Great character dynamics. Cruise's impression of Jack. The final courtroom scenes are killer.

As for comedies, could have easily gone Mel Brooks, Airplane, Animal House, Monty Python, etc. But, pound for pound, Caddyshack delivers and it also has to be considered a sports movie.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Tombstone
Woodstock
Animal House

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shrek
Tangled
The Incredibles
Monsters, Inc

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have to make room for that one. It's not as impactful as my other 4, but a great, great movie nonetheless.
Pulp Fiction not as impactful as Stripes or Fast Times???

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those movies and not one mention for what I consider to be the greatest western of all-time.....Once Upon A Time in the West? :L

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mount Rushmore is too hard for me if I am being honest, but in an effort to be a little different... genre separated.

Sports - Miracle
Comedy - The Grand Budapest Hotel
Drama - Spotlight
Horror - The Thing
Action - True Lies

Again, trying to be different, I think picks like Rocky for sports is excellent, likewise with Die Hard for action. Just picking some movies I haven't seen on here yet.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawshank
Aliens
Few Good Men
Caddyshack

My favorite movie is Shawshank. Great quotes. Great ending. One of the first bromances that works. And it's really all about hope. The Tommy part slows it down a tad, but if it's on at any part of the movie, I'm watching it until the end.

For my favorite action movie, there are several options. Could have went Die Hard. Could have gone T2. Favorite martial arts movie is Super Ninjas (Five Element Ninjas), followed closely by Five Deadly Venoms. But, when it first came out, I just thought Aliens had everything. Great story based on iconic original movie. Great action. Great ending. Not many times when the sequel is better than the original (Godfather II, Empire Strikes Back). I'm also counting this as a war movie.

The best of the Alien movies for sure

While I already have one drama, I thought having a legal drama was key. I was really tempted to go Primal Fear here. But, whenever A Few Good Men comes on, just have to watch it through. Great character dynamics. Cruise's impression of Jack. The final courtroom scenes are killer.

As for comedies, could have easily gone Mel Brooks, Airplane, Animal House, Monty Python, etc. But, pound for pound, Caddyshack delivers and it also has to be considered a sports movie.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
King Kong 1933.....beauty killed the beast
Casablanca.......of all the gin joints in all.....
The Godfather,,,,,made him an offer he couldn't refuse
On The Waterfront......you don't understand, I could have been somebody, I could have been a contenter

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Godfather
2. Casablanca
3. Animal House
4. Gone With the Wind