• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most trustworthy playoff QBs

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just looked, Flacco has 14 playoff games under his belt. Rodgers has 9

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't checked the actual numbers, but seems like it's more games than Romo, Luck, RW, and Newton.

Sure, but again, small sample sizes.

You can find any QB with 2 or 4 or 14 genuinely great games over their career. Sometimes those great games all happen to occur under a specific condition. I don't buy into the idea of knowing how to play in the playoffs.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but again, small sample sizes.

You can find any QB with 2 or 4 or 14 genuinely great games over their career. Sometimes those great games all happen to occur under a specific condition. I don't buy into the idea of knowing how to play in the playoffs.

Not sure if there is anything to it, but you don't typically go up against crap teams in the playoffs. Maybe it is an indictment of his mental capacity, but when he buckles down he can be efficient.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most help Romo has had offensively... So he SHOULD play better...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Romo: "Forget about Romo's playoff record entering 2014: one win, three losses, a 59.3 percent completion rate, 208 yards per game and a passer rating of 80.8. Forget about the old, "Bad Romo," who seemed to make his biggest mistakes under the brightest spotlights. This is a changed person,"

6. Wilson: "Wilson has only been in the NFL for three seasons, but he's already compiled quite the playoff résumé, including a 4-1 record, a 63.1 percent completion rate, 1,096 yards, six touchdown passes, one pick and a rating of 102.0."

This guy's delusional. So we're supposed to "forget" all of Tony Romo's playoff stats over a longer career, while he cites Wilson's great playoff numbers in 3 years as a reason why he's trustworthy, yet 4 spots behind Romo?!

Sports writers can say some stupid shit sometimes.

:agree:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if there is anything to it, but you don't typically go up against crap teams in the playoffs. Maybe it is an indictment of his mental capacity, but when he buckles down he can be efficient.

I think it's just more about playing well at the right times with small samples.

If you take out Flacco's Super Bowl winning year he's 6-4 in the playoffs with 10 TD's to 8 INTs. I don't see any reason to believe he wasn't buckling down those years in comparison to his SB run were he (obviously) went 4-0 with 11 TDs to 0 INTs. I just think he had an excellent four game stretch.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said who he trusts right now. His point is about how they are playing right now. Personally I'd move Luck up above some of those other guys. I'd probably have him right below Rodgers since it seems something is physically wrong with Manning, but it's pretty much a subjective list. Who's to say who someone else trusts. The obvious guy to put at the top would be Brady, but what would that be based on right now? All time, sure he is a legend, but he comes into the playoffs most years with a top team and although his lifetime playoff record is amazing...it's been a while.

Yes and Big Ben is EASILY top Five in playoff QBs, hell he had a game saving tackle against Indy...

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is playing the best today? Because past records don't mean as much. If we just got to pick who we trusted the most today, I would pick Rodgers. Gimpy knee and all. Then I would go with Wilson, Flacco and Brady. Not in that order. I like and respect Manning but I am concerned about his arm strength as of late. Maybe its just me.

Flacco is a stiff but he is not shy throwing the ball way down the field. And he hits those throws. Wilson is not going to turn it over so you gotta play them straight up. And Brady, really hard to rattle him but a few teams have done it and The Ravens are very capable. This is going to be a great game.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is playing the best today? Because past records don't mean as much. If we just got to pick who we trusted the most today, I would pick Rodgers. Gimpy knee and all. Then I would go with Wilson, Flacco and Brady. Not in that order. I like and respect Manning but I am concerned about his arm strength as of late. Maybe its just me.

Flacco is a stiff but he is not shy throwing the ball way down the field. And he hits those throws. Wilson is not going to turn it over so you gotta play them straight up. And Brady, really hard to rattle him but a few teams have done it and The Ravens are very capable. This is going to be a great game.

Brady
Rodgers
Wilson
Flacco
Manning
Luck

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's just more about playing well at the right times with small samples.

If you take out Flacco's Super Bowl winning year he's 6-4 in the playoffs with 10 TD's to 8 INTs. I don't see any reason to believe he wasn't buckling down those years in comparison to his SB run were he (obviously) went 4-0 with 11 TDs to 0 INTs. I just think he had an excellent four game stretch.

The only other factor in the SB run was he was hitting FA. The FA year is welldocumented in sports for being overly productive :)

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco has certainly shown he's one of the better QB's ... He's been money in the post season ....

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Flacco is the best QB in the league".
- John Hargaugh

"Flacco has been uncanny for unexpectedly coming up huge in big moments"
-TDs3nOut

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep trying to convince myself that Ravens win at NE. Hope it happens, but it obviously doesn't matter if Denver fails to take care of the Colts, right?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.

Freaking awesome matchups this weekend. (7 out of the 8, imo, are Top Ten QBs) Cam V Wilson being the least appealing to me, but I still love the matchup.

And if we're just tallinbough who has the hottest hand right now, Romo is very high on my list. Dude has been exceptional this season. Not that Rodgers hasn't, or Flacco isn't a totally different beast in the playoffs.