• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Improved/Impact Fins players

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a losing season it would be easy to overlook players that played well. I will name a few:

Jordan Phillips had a very good year. He was disruptive. He moved the pocket, showed a knack all year of deflecting passes and he played with toughness. He was one of the big reasons the Fins beat the Pats.

K Drake stepped up and showed that he is capable of being a #1 RB. He's versatile and he showed toughness.

Howard took a step up in his career. He made offenses pay with deflected passes and INTs.

J Grant had some Wow! type moments. They can't stop him. They can just hope to contain him lol He earned his way on the field and showed he belongs.

Chase Allen earned a spot on the roster. He wasn't a star but he was always around the ball.

Jesse Davis took over the RT spot when the team needed him.

M Gray made plays as a blocking FB/TE and when they gave it to him he converted some short yardage first downs.

There was consistency from the top players like Suh, Landry, Jones, McCain and others.

Honorable mention to guys like TJ McDonald who got his chance to play in the second half of the season & kept getting better & Godchaux who made a lot of tackles at the line of scrimmage.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have added Alonso to this list. I view him as an all effort guy that just was a step slow athletically. You don't get 115 tackles & 2 fumbles in the NFL when you are not trying. They asked him to cover guys that were just too fast or too big for him but I think he did his best.

Wake had 10.5 sacks. He is consistent at getting to the QB every year.

Hull & Thomas played well on special teams.

Parkey & Haak were solid in the kicking game.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone will overpay for Landry at the end of this season, and overpay for Phillips at the end of next season. I think we should draft a true stud at DT to put next to Suh in the 1st round, this year or next year. Godchaux would be the backup, getting a good amount of snaps.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a losing season it would be easy to overlook players that played well. I will name a few:

Jordan Phillips had a very good year. He was disruptive. He moved the pocket, showed a knack all year of deflecting passes and he played with toughness. He was one of the big reasons the Fins beat the Pats.

K Drake stepped up and showed that he is capable of being a #1 RB. He's versatile and he showed toughness.

Howard took a step up in his career. He made offenses pay with deflected passes and INTs.

J Grant had some Wow! type moments. They can't stop him. They can just hope to contain him lol He earned his way on the field and showed he belongs.

Chase Allen earned a spot on the roster. He wasn't a star but he was always around the ball.

Jesse Davis took over the RT spot when the team needed him.

M Gray made plays as a blocking FB/TE and when they gave it to him he converted some short yardage first downs.

There was consistency from the top players like Suh, Landry, Jones, McCain and others.

Honorable mention to guys like TJ McDonald who got his chance to play in the second half of the season & kept getting better & Godchaux who made a lot of tackles at the line of scrimmage.
Davis played RG not RT but agreed did well. Sam Young played RT and did pretty good too. I like the OT's but need another OG.