• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Morel mushrooms recipes?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and my brother took our kids out mushroom hunting this past weekend. In our immediate area for an hour or two, we every year find 1/8 - 1/4 pound of them. We just fry them up and eat them.

This year we found a good 2 pounds or so of these beauties.

My mom and dad winter in Florida every year, and are coming home next weekend for mothers day. My dad is a fish eating vegetarian. No red meat or chicken. My mom humors him in the winter, but she already called and asked us to do a prime rib beef roast for mothers day.

Morels sound lovely with prime rib. But my dad probably loves mushrooms more than the rest of us combined, and he won't eat red meat.

Any morel recipes that work with beef and fish? Or something that works as a side for us and a main dish for him?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B779A428-AEB1-40C1-9349-1F2F3CD68B92.jpeg

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had better know what the hell you are doing. If you grab a false morel by mistake and eat it you are dead.

fear and loathing

American Idle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only kind of basidiomycetes I collect with impunity are boletes (porcinis).

In my amateur experience, the bigger the mushroom, the mushier and more full of maggots. The smaller, drier ones are the primes.

Is that a fair generalzation?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and my brother took our kids out mushroom hunting this past weekend. In our immediate area for an hour or two, we every year find 1/8 - 1/4 pound of them. We just fry them up and eat them.

This year we found a good 2 pounds or so of these beauties.

My mom and dad winter in Florida every year, and are coming home next weekend for mothers day. My dad is a fish eating vegetarian. No red meat or chicken. My mom humors him in the winter, but she already called and asked us to do a prime rib beef roast for mothers day.

Morels sound lovely with prime rib. But my dad probably loves mushrooms more than the rest of us combined, and he won't eat red meat.

Any morel recipes that work with beef and fish? Or something that works as a side for us and a main dish for him?

I'd make a rice pilaf with them.
I'm a vegetarian who loves mushrooms, and morels are some of my favorites.

It would work well with prime rib and would be a good main dish for your father.
Keep in mind, though, depending on how stringent he is, to make the pilaf with vegetable stock, instead of beef or chicken stock.