• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Surprising Start: Bills or Niners?

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills, not surprised with the 49ers at all, I thought they would go 4-2 to open the season, though I had different teams they beat and lost.

I thought preseason it would go like:

SEA W
DAL W
CIN W
PHI L
TB L
DET W

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers. We had a shake-up in the FO as well as the coaching staff, and the lockout only made the transition harder. The Bills still have all of their schemes from last season and the same HC, so there is consistency there.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with Bills.... AFC East has been all Jets and Pats talk over the last two seasons(Pats more seasons).... Fitz and Jackson are playing Pro Bowl caliber seasons and Gailey, who would've thought he would have a winning record in Buffalo this season?

I feel the 49ers are better(duh!) but more surprisingly? I'll vote Bills.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills are a little more surprising. I didn't expect Chan Gailey to do so well after failing with the Cowboys. I knew they had a good passing game and about Fred Jackson. I just didn't think their defense would be so good, the play of Nick Barnett is surprising as hell.

I'm surprised that the 49ers started off so well too, I knew the 49ers have good talent but I really didn't think the coaching change would be so effective so quickly, I thought the CBA thing was going to screw the team.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Both are surprising but I'll say Bills were just slightly more surprising.

9ers are a little less surprising because I always thought they did have talent and the fact they went 6-10 with some of the worst coaching in the league was evidence of that. So I did expect them to turn it around with quality coaching just not this quickly.

Bills were a team that was just drafting 3rd overall in the draft and really didn't do much in the offseason to significantly improve not to mention their opening schedule wasn't exactly easy yet they've done well.

The most surprising player has to be Alex Smith though. Not suggesting he's playing like Rodgers, Brady, or Brees by any means but considering he was considered bottom 5 of QBs in the league for him to be playing like he is now is a big surprise.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with us. The Bills showed they had the offense last season and they added some nice pieces to their D in the off-season. A team that can start off with arguably an elite QB, RB, and WR has a shot. Fitz, Fred Jax, and Stevie Wonder are legit.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the Niners. New coaching staff, and a bunch of new starters. I knew we would compete for the division either way because it sucks but I thought we would really struggle.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers. We had a shake-up in the FO as well as the coaching staff, and the lockout only made the transition harder. The Bills still have all of their schemes from last season and the same HC, so there is consistency there.

its a tough call and good question btw, i'll vote 49ers for these reasons above.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with us. The Bills showed they had the offense last season and they added some nice pieces to their D in the off-season. A team that can start off with arguably an elite QB, RB, and WR has a shot. Fitz, Fred Jax, and Stevie Wonder are legit.

But proving it more so this year rather than last year.....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bills easy IMO. They beat Oakland, NE & Philly. The Niners beat weaker teams.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Is this a joke?

Is your response a joke? The Niners beat the Bengals (horse crap), the Seahawks (dog crap), and the Buccs (mediocre). They both beat Philly, but the Bills beat 'em a lot more convincingly. And tehy beat the Raiders & the Pats. I'm shocked they're doing so well.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a joke?

Is your response a joke? The Niners beat the Bengals (horse crap), the Seahawks (dog crap), and the Buccs (mediocre). They both beat Philly, but the Bills beat 'em a lot more convincingly. And tehy beat the Raiders & the Pats. I'm shocked they're doing so well.

They beat them more convincingly? What is this, college polls? A W is a W, they also beat them afetr we demoralized them, so I argue it was easier.

I think the Raiders and Bucs are similar in overall "goodness." Oakland is 3-2, beat the Broncos by 3 and almost gave it away to Houston. Their most impressive win was against the Jets but that is looking less and less impressive every week. So you're left with the comeback against the Pats which took a 4 INT meltdown by Brady, I agree that's a good win but really...you think that one game sets the Bills that far ahead of us?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They beat them more convincingly? What is this, college polls? A W is a W, they also beat them afetr we demoralized them, so I argue it was easier.

No, I'm just more surprised by how well the Bills are playing. The Niners got pretty lucky in that win you have to admit.

I think the Raiders and Bucs are similar in overall "goodness." Oakland is 3-2, beat the Broncos by 3 and almost gave it away to Houston. Their most impressive win was against the Jets but that is looking less and less impressive every week. So you're left with the comeback against the Pats which took a 4 INT

I don't agree; I think the Raiders are easily better than the Buccs. And we both know the Pats are better than any of the aforementioned teams. I'm not really that shocked the Niners are 4-1. I expected them to be 3-2 at this point.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I'm just more surprised by how well the Bills are playing. The Niners got pretty lucky in that win you have to admit.

I think the Raiders and Bucs are similar in overall "goodness." Oakland is 3-2, beat the Broncos by 3 and almost gave it away to Houston. Their most impressive win was against the Jets but that is looking less and less impressive every week. So you're left with the comeback against the Pats which took a 4 INT

I don't agree; I think the Raiders are easily better than the Buccs. And we both know the Pats are better than any of the aforementioned teams. I'm not really that shocked the Niners are 4-1. I expected them to be 3-2 at this point.

I don't think that the gap is that far and I think division games on the road are always worrisome. BTW...who did the Bills lose to?