• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More players taking a knee in the preseason

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millionaire athletes playing the victim card.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont have to like it and you dont have to watch but protest is supposed to be peaceful yet impossible to ignore. Saying "this isn't the right way to go about it" is factually incorrect . It's exactly the right way to go about it and theres now 90 million reasons to believe that
Let me get this straight, you are supporting kneeling during the Anthem?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are highly paid gladiators. STFU and play

I don't want their political opinions, or opinions period

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many "black power" signs during the anthem?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight, you are supporting kneeling during the Anthem?
There are plenty of things I personally wouldn't do . That doesnt mean I want others told how to use their freedoms . You can be against something personally yet still understand your opinion is only yours .

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont have to like it and you dont have to watch but protest is supposed to be peaceful yet impossible to ignore. Saying "this isn't the right way to go about it" is factually incorrect . It's exactly the right way to go about it and theres now 90 million reasons to believe that

Problem is they are using NFL time to do so. I fully support their right to protest but not on NFL time, nor during the anthem.

To be honest, if I were in another country and I know their anthem, I would stand still if I heard it playing.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of things I personally wouldn't do . That doesnt mean I want others told how to use their freedoms . You can be against something personally yet still understand your opinion is only yours .

I am for honoring our nation's flag. I am not for people dishonoring it because its a fashionable trend. And that is precisely what this is.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am for honoring our nation's flag. I am not for people dishonoring it because its a fashionable trend. And that is precisely what this is.

Our flag stands for freedom. Choosing not stand for it honors the flag and makes it mean something. Blindly standing for it turns it into a meaningless piece of cloth. That's the real disrespect.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about Jerry Jones, but if he, as the owner says all players (employees) will stand for the anthem, they should do so or face consequences. The liberal babies in this nation just don't get that their ideals are not realistic. They sit around whining about "the world should be this way or that". Its not, never will be, and never has been.

If these guys who are paid insane amounts of money are truly serious about their beliefs then start putting your money where your mouth is. 99% do not. Its easy to do something in front of the camera for headlines but Monday-Sat they are not doing shit.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our flag stands for freedom. Choosing not stand for it honors the flag and makes it mean something. Blindly standing for it turns it into a meaningless piece of cloth. That's the real disrespect.
I am sorry, but I disagree with you

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is they are using NFL time to do so. I fully support their right to protest but not on NFL time, nor during the anthem.

To be honest, if I were in another country and I know their anthem, I would stand still if I heard it playing.
I dont personally disagree. I get mad when I'm at games and see people going to the bathroom , getting concessions, on their phone , wearing their hats etc during the anthem . However being an employee doesnt strup you of your rights. It just means you may pay a price for exercising your right. The league screwed up by MIT squashing this early . At this point you've alienated part of your fan base . Some irreparably. Now you risk losing even more if you force them to stand. They're in a no win now.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree . But that opinion is only germane to those who hold it and your way to voice it is to not watch . Thats your recourse. For every one of you theres another person who holds the opposite belief . The league is just weighing that

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. That's what America is all about. I won't demand that you agree with me. You shouldn't demand that the players stand.
They can kneel, but if their team owner expects them to stand they should be disciplined. Most owners won't put themselves out there for fear of backlash however. But again, I think kneeling is very disrespectful and I also believe most if not all of these guys are gutless cowards. Its easy to kneel for 5 minutes. If you are for social reform then get busy in your community.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can kneel, but if their team owner expects them to stand they should be disciplined. Most owners won't put themselves out there for fear of backlash however. But again, I think kneeling is very disrespectful and I also believe most if not all of these guys are gutless cowards. Its easy to kneel for 5 minutes. If you are for social reform then get busy in your community.

Help me with that. These guys are taking tremendous criticism for kneeling. They're risking their endorsements and their careers. That takes guts. The easy play is to stand. Choosing not to in the face of negative consequences takes courage.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor hankie has convinced hisself that anyone gives a fuck what some limp wristed lefty from America's attic thinks.

That wasn't bad Rex.

I give you credit for being spunky.

Incorrect, but spunky.

And it's hat, not attic....