• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More offseason Q&A's

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More questions from Sox fans on the team's official team website. These questions seem to revolve more around how the Sox will attack their needs this winter - do they go for one or two really big (read pricey) names or second level performers where they can sign more people. I said it before in other posts and it bears repeating. These may be the most important offseason transactions for the Sox in many years.

Inbox: Where should White Sox set focus for '20

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we should probably make one long 2019/2020 off-season thread. As the conversation with free agency is getting a tad circular.

However, I will say that JD Martinez has been my favorite hitter in baseball for a few years now and just thinking about him in a White Sox uniform gets me all excited.

I've lived in Detroit since the spring of 2017 and would watch JD on a nightly basis. Such a methodical and intelligent hitter. One of the ongoing stories with JD was his "pitcher diary/log" that he kept. As soon as he got back to the dugout from an AB. With a pencil and notebook he would start writing everything that he could down from the AB. The entire sequence pitch-by-pitch, how each pitch moved, the velocity, the result of each swing, etc.

They did a sit-down interview with him for a pre-game show one time and they followed him to his locker where he went into a bag. Before he literally just pulled out dozens of these spiral notebooks from his ENTIRE professional career going back to the minor leagues. He even mentioned how he has been slated to face guys he had not seen since the minors. He would dig all the way back to an AB from a decade earlier to peak at what happened.

When that guy is cooking - there is not a better pure power hitter in baseball. In our hitter friendly ball park, when he gets on one of those runs he gets on? Oh man, the damage he could do gets me salivating.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, one long offseason thread to cover all things White Sox in the offseason. I'll get it cranking.