• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More media bias

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I keep hearing how Cincy hasn't beaten anybody. And that's true with the Buffalo exception, but check out Pittsburgh's wins vs Cincy's:

Cincy's wins ---------------------- Pittsburgh's wins

Seattle ------------------- Seattle
Jacksonville --------------------- Jacksonville
Tennessee --------------------- Tennessee
Indy ------------------------- Indy
Cleveland --------------------- Arizona
Buffalo --------------------------- New England

They've beaten 4 of 6 of the same teams, New England and Buffalo have the same record, and Cleveland actually has a better record than Arizona, so our wins are against better teams than the great Steelers. The other three good teams they've played, they lost. I hate the media and them kissing Steeler ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The world wouldn't be right if the general sports media didn't behave that way.

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chalk it up to the same type of bias like you have with Notre Dame in college football. No matter their record or where you live in the US they show their stupid games.

Until the Bengals beat the Steelers or Ravens this season I don't see things changing.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would say New England is better than Buffalo, despite the same record.

Nonetheless, I see no issue with this. Almost every year at some point Pittsburgh goes through a rough stretch where they struggle, despite which they are still always a perennial SB contender. They're already proven. There is no reason for them not to be given the benefit of the doubt no matter their strength of schedule/victory.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chalk it up to the same type of bias like you have with Notre Dame in college football. No matter their record or where you live in the US they show their stupid games.

Until the Bengals beat the Steelers or Ravens this season I don't see things changing.

I hear ya there,the last few weekends they've had ND games on and i'm like why?!!!:rolleyes2:

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things can't be expected to change unless the Bengals can reverse the Steeler domination for more than one year......we need a 5-1 or so run over three years to garner the respect they have.....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just the steeler domination, but the total lack of consistency the Bengals have had over the past 10 years (and of course longer). Yes, the Bengals have been better since 2002 under Marvin, but the fact remains that Pitt is consistently contending for a division title. They've won 2 super bowls recently and been to a 3rd. They can get the benefit of the doubt when playing a weak schedule because, historically (and I mean past 5-8 years) Pitt has done enough against better teams to know that they are not just beating up on the weaklings and can/will rise to the occasion against better teams.

Cincinnati has to start beating teams with good records (i.e. Pitt, balt, Houston this year) and do it consistently before anyone in the media is going to give the Bengals the benefit of the doubt when playing a weak schedule.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yup, and say we do win the tough games this year. Next year we can expect questions of whether we can do it back to back years because of how the team responded in 2010 against a tougher schedule. We haven't had back to back winning seasons in a couple decades. I will have no gripes with it.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep -- we simply need to earn it on the field for three years or so....our record vs winning teams in the "mahvin yeahs" has been putrid.....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I talked to Joe Reedy on Twitter for about 10 minutes last night an he said the same thing. The Steelers get the benefit of the doubt because they're good yearly. The Bengals haven't earned national respect. He also said if Cincy can't bother to sell out home games, even when they're winning, why should media respect them?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some that are changing their tune, but their others that would call us the underdogs if we won every game.

We are a team some people like to hate. The arrest records might have something to do with it, but I don't think that is the real cause.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I talked to Joe Reedy on Twitter for about 10 minutes last night an he said the same thing. The Steelers get the benefit of the doubt because they're good yearly. The Bengals haven't earned national respect. He also said if Cincy can't bother to sell out home games, even when they're winning, why should media respect them?

Great way to put it. If fans aren't even convinced the Bengals have turned it around, why should an "outsider" be convinced of the same.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah. I agree. He pretty much nailed it with that.

Skinnyfats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the fans that hate Mike Brown and are not buying tickets because of him not because of the Bengals. Lots of fans do not want to put a dime in that jackasses pocket.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I and I get that, but the national media doesn't. They just see blackouts.

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've seen quite a few sites talkign about the Bengals being underrated. Of course they won't get respect until they conistently win. If we do well these next couple weeks, I think quite a few heads will turn.